2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

Make no mistake about it, this is a bad poll for the incumbent.

20% undecided and this thing is tied?  Tillis is a known commodity and the other guy isn’t.  I’d rather be Cunningham right now. The GOP is going to be so fixated on trying to keep trump elected that I think some stuff will fall through the cracks.
Tillis’s seat and the Kansas senate seat could very well be those things.
just gotta hope Pompeo keeps his fat ass out of the race.

The Democratic governor of NC is also quite popular. Like easily clearing 50 percent in polls, noncompetitive race popular. Cunningham has some good coattails to ride to try to pick up those undecideds.

From the AZ Central article cited

In May 2019, this same tracking poll showed Kelly up over McSally, 46%-41%, among likely voters in Maricopa County.

In May 2020, Kelly has climbed to 54% in Maricopa County while McSally has dropped to 36%.

Just think about that for a moment. Kelly has gone from a five-point advantage in Maricopa County to an 18-point cruise.

I think Trump is just as much of a problem as McSally is.  They are combining for a perfect storm of suck in Arizona.  Trump is going to be an anchor for every Republican who's not in a deep red state or district.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

On a phone so can’t embed tweet but apparently Trump is blaming McSally for his poll numbers in Arizona...which is too satisfying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/1262773605634576384

“There’s no love for her,” this consultant said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of his position in the party. “Each side is going to piss away $50-$60 million and she’s going to lose. I’ve already heard people talk about who’s going to run next cycle for Senate.”

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

“There’s no love for her,” this consultant said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of his position in the party. “Each side is going to piss away $50-$60 million and she’s going to lose. I’ve already heard people talk about who’s going to run next cycle for Senate.”

Arizona is blue.  Deal with it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

On a phone so can’t embed tweet but apparently Trump is blaming McSally for his poll numbers in Arizona...which is too satisfying.

25 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

These quotes are more interesting to me.

On Friday, Biden campaign manager Jen O’Malley Dillon placed Arizona “at the top of the list” of the battleground states. Biden did an interview with the CBS affiliate in Phoenix last week, and his wife followed with a trio of virtual events with voters there.

But the presumptive Democratic nominee has yet to appoint an Arizona state director and is mostly relying on the nationally funded coordinated campaign with the state party that trained two dozen organizers last summer until a more formal structure is in place.

“We haven’t seen much so far,” said a Democratic consultant in Arizona, speaking of the Biden operation. “At the end of February I was nervous we were going to end up with Bernie Sanders at the top and a pretty good economy. That was pretty worrisome. Now that’s all gone.”

It's your number 1 target and no one in Arizona has seen you do anything yet you lazy fuck?

Yeah, those AZ polls are horrifying for the GOP. You are asking ALOT of voters to ticket split for Trump while supporting Kelly.  That kind of cross party voting is virtually non-existent in modern politics.  Particularly when race isn't a factor.

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

lofuckingl:

While one top Arizona Republican dismissed Arpaio as a mere “hemorrhoid,”

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Mark Kelly dominating McSally in Arizona right now. 

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My guess is that polls like this one convince her to run even more towards Trump as opposed to away from him. 

22 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Saw this too.

22 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

From the AZ Central article cited

In May 2019, this same tracking poll showed Kelly up over McSally, 46%-41%, among likely voters in Maricopa County.

In May 2020, Kelly has climbed to 54% in Maricopa County while McSally has dropped to 36%.

Just think about that for a moment. Kelly has gone from a five-point advantage in Maricopa County to an 18-point cruise.

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Seems like bad news for Trump as well. I don't think he's in a position to concede Arizona but he also doesn't want to get pulled down by a bad Senate candidate. Showing up to AZ and dragging a losing candidate isn't a good look.

21 hours ago, kevwun said:

I think Trump is just as much of a problem as McSally is.  They are combining for a perfect storm of suck in Arizona.  Trump is going to be an anchor for every Republican who's not in a deep red state or district.

21 hours ago, Message Board User said:

21 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

INJECT THIS INTO MY FUCKING VEINS

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I wonder if Doug Ducey is dumb enough to challenge Mark Kelly.

Kelly might be the best dem senate candidate anywhere in the last 10 years or so. The guy is a rock star candidate.

Ducey is absolutely going to run for senate when his term is up. He's the best the state GOP has left.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

The fuck Stacy?  I'm starting to dislike her schtick.  It's starting to look much more like she's looking out for herself and losing sight of the bigger picture.

Starting to?

What pisses me off is that if she would have run for a Georgia senate seat, she would likely be a shoo-in.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The fuck Stacy?  I'm starting to dislike her schtick.  It's starting to look much more like she's looking out for herself and losing sight of the bigger picture.

Montana doesn’t need to be a nationalized race, IMO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Starting to?

What pisses me off is that if she would have run for a Georgia senate seat, she would likely be a shoo-in.

If she runs as Governor in 2022, it lifts all other Dems up running statewide in Georgia (Lt Gov, AG, Secretary of State and the 2022 Senate hopeful etc).