Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Fucking hell, no shit. I'm not even anti-religion, but that's a gigantic oxymoron.

Reminds me of a relative who was pushing Christianity on me a few years back, and told me I "needed to open my mind".

"I am open to any and every possibility. You are open to one and one only."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/16/2021 at 7:38 AM, BrickHorn said:

I refuse to believe we’ve fallen to such a low point as a species that some of us are accurately described as “Jim Breuer fans.”

There will be more after the Tucker Carlson appearance. It's likely a cynical move to tap into that sweet, gullible, virulent band of Trumpers. Country be damned!

Years and years ago, when Tucker was stilling going bow tie, I got free tickets to see him speak and attend a reception at the LBJ Library.  At the reception, he was talking to people with his back to a big staircase; his heels were maybe two inches from the top riser.

I remarked to my beloved, "I could so easily stumble into him and send him backward down those stairs." 

He was largely harmless back then. Smarmy but harmless. I feel like somebody who had the chance to drown Hitler during his early political career.

Damn.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

These are the most insecure people on earth.

That is no shit. And that insecurity has been nurtured by cynical "right wingers" to create a power base and a market.

They have big forearms. They come out of their man caves to seek out Donald Trump. They listen for "Dixie" being whistled and find the great, handsome man rocking back and forth on his heels. With tears in their steely eyes, the wave of testerone coursing towards their huge cocks propels them to the greatest American of the them all. He hugs the flag!!!!!!!

Mr. Presdent, sir, your excellency, all the manly manful things were endangered until you came along! Nig--, uh um, football players kneeling during the national anthem! Kneeling! Our American football! Greas--, uh uhm, Mexicans with ISIS terrorists hiding among them were flooding into the country until you jailed the children and tore them from their parents! So bold, Mr. President, sir! Please tell the world of our meeting!

It's the same insecure, adolescent psyche that gets us into useless wars to show how damn tough we are.

Of course, "we" aren't actually going to do the fighting. We're going to cheer the TV and tell the actual fighters to "kill one for me!" We'll labet the actual fighters "badasses" and imagine high fiving them. Then they come back and we'll ignore the pussies who couldn't take the stress and are damaged. No time for the weak. I'm not weak. I've got the Christian testerone going for me. 

We're America, goddamn it and God bless it.

Fuck these people and then this place if/when they destroy at last.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 2:15 PM, Red Five said:

Reminds me of a relative who was pushing Christianity on me a few years back, and told me I "needed to open my mind".

If only you would open your mind then you would understand that your parents practiced the one true religion as they have taught you since you were two years old. 

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

Imagine listening to anything this guy has to say. 

He's looks like a grown up, even more regarded Bobby Hill. 

Imagine being born in the 30’s or 40’s and thinking there was no way to really know what was going on in the world until Fox News came along. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

On 9/21/2021 at 1:53 PM, RomaVicta said:

He was largely harmless back then. Smarmy but harmless. I feel like somebody who had the chance to drown Hitler during his early political career.

There were a thousand Hitleresque types running around back in the 30s. You drown the real Hitler, maybe he gets replaced by one just as evil, but better at winning wars.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

So of the 600 arrested so far in association with January 6th...only 1 has investigated ties to Antifa/BLM and the only ones of that 600 who are attached to the government are as municipal employees or local police officers.  But it was a 'False Flag' carried out by "The Left"?  I have that correct?

Well then kudos to Pelosi and the Deep State baby-eating Cabal, because you managed to brainwash these people so effectively, they don't even know who they're working for.  Some of them have been in jail for nearly 10 months and have had multiple opportunities to flip on their Democrat handlers, but so far-the only names they keep mentioning are Trump and Marjorie Taylor-Greene.  I wonder why that is?  Ah yes, evidence of just how deep the conspiracy runs, now I get it.  My god, the fucking conversations we have to deal with at Thanksgiving with this thing debuting in November.  Fucking-A, Tucker. Thanks a lot douchebag.

12 hours ago, brakeman said:

fascism.

Good luck trying to refute this with easily understandable facts and reason. This is straight Ministry of Truth shit.

My appreciation of 1984 came late. How could such tyranny take over? Why were the proles so complacent? Then I got it in the actual year 1984 with the Reagan administration and the right making a hero of Oliver North. With nobody taking to the streets when North described his extra-governmental ops team ("fully-operational, off-the-shelf" were his words, I believe) doing the bidding of the executive.

Only the awake even noticed. We growled about it over lunch. The masses either slept through it or cheered the horse-ridin' patriot president and his Marine operative. The awake supporting Reagan reaped profits and didn't care how. (The 80s, remember. Yuppies and Gordon Gecko.)

Thus, 1984. Big Brother will indeed be embraced by the masses. They cheer his wars and hate his enemies and believe his lies. We even throw in God's endorsement.

It's no longer hyperbole to call FOX the Ministry of Truth. Give the people what they want: lies about who to hate and what to love and what great patriots they are.

FOX/MiniTrue are argument proof.

Good luck using reason with the idiot masses. Even try it and you'll be shouted down as not respecting the collective wisdom of the electorate in this shining city on hill. You know the one. It's the one on fire.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Red Five said:

Rally organized by Trump and co., Trump and co. rile them up and send them to the capitol to "fight like hell", deplorables do as ordered, all of this on live tv, hundreds of them are later arrested. 

"It's the dems!!"

there was some comic strip that basically ended with "can you believe what antifa did?"  same concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a guy who has his heart in the right place. Yeah, he's ideologically conservative, but he ain't my enemy. I can't remember where the expression came from, but there was a line that a politician once said "you can disagree without being disagreeable." And, honestly, there's not a lot he says that I take issue with in that article, except that throw away line about Pence being a good dude. Hopefully, he stays true and finds a place at the table again.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Sounds like a guy who has his heart in the right place. Yeah, he's ideologically conservative, but he ain't my enemy. I can't remember where the expression came from, but there was a line that a politician once said "you can disagree without being disagreeable." And, honestly, there's not a lot he says that I take issue with in that article, except that throw away line about Pence being a good dude. Hopefully, he stays true and finds a place at the table again.

Adam Kinzinger has stopped giving any fucks.  I like it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Kinzinger still opposes the Voting Rights Act. His biggest problem with the threat Trumpism poses is how gauche it is. 

Didn't he vote against that BEFORE he decided to retire?  I wonder if he would vote for it now?  I understand that there is a balancing act to get re-elected.  Which is why it is almost a shame that the HoR is every 2 years.  They cannot get any work done.

He's the type of conservative that anti-dotard conservatives need to rebuild their party or start a new one.  Our country would be better off with his kind of conservatism as well.  

Maybe, but it doesn’t matter. He’s a RINO apostate, and will be among the first lynched when the MAGAs succeed with their next attempt to violently overthrow the government.

Lol holy shit. So I usually don’t watch those videos, but did this time. Just wow. He’s either as dumb as the rest of the trumpkins or he is really good at acting like he is. That really felt like he was befuddled. 

Tucker: I’m really confused

Turner: Clearly. 

Big lulz

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lol holy shit. So I usually don’t watch those videos, but did this time. Just wow. He’s either as dumb as the rest of the trumpkins or he is really good at acting like he is. That really felt like he was befuddled. 

Tucker: I’m really confused

Turner: Clearly. 

Big lulz

Yep.  Pretty stunning how stupid these people are.  At times I think it's an act with Tucker - he grew up rich, went to boarding schools,  and had access to a decent education, and even has a BA in History.

But then you see this shit and you're like "little rich boy sailed through a private college and didn't learn anything."

It's amazing how stupid he made himself look with that little clip.