Coming to America sequel

Hmbre97

33 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

i wouldn't say funnier it's different. Comparing comedies from different periods is a lot harder to do (in my opinion).  

No, suggesting CTA is funnier than Step Brothers is like saying it's funnier than Caddyshack or Trading Places.  It is a horrible opinion, and he should be ashamed because of it.

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

No, suggesting CTA is funnier than Step Brothers is like saying it's funnier than Caddyshack or Trading Places.  It is a horrible opinion, and he should be ashamed because of it.

Ha, fair enough (and I agree) but it is different. Slapstick vs. comedy with an actual plot/story.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Dude, Step-Brothers is garbage. Tyler Perry thinks SB sucks and no one knows not funny more than Mr. Perry. 

• Like 1

Step Brothers is like Talladega Nights.

It has one or two funny, quotable scenes that are hilarious, but the rest of the movie sucks completely.  Talladega Nights had the dinner table scene and the scene where the grandkids ask the granddad how much he wants for the weed.  That's it.  The rest of the movie is pure garbage.

Likewise, Step Brothers was funny when they initially moved in and hated each other, and that was it.  Sucked after that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 1:22 PM, Uncle Nate said:

There they go. There they go. Every time we start coming up with a new movie idea, white folks gotta pull a sequel out their ass.  That's their one.  That's their one. 

Are you trying to say "dats dey one, dats dey one"?  Well don't do it, because it hurts my ears when you do it.

I'd like a sequel that shows patrice getting banged.

41 minutes ago, Drew said:

Some of you are super young if you don't think CTA wasn't extremely funny and could very well be even funnier than Step Brothers.

I could see the reverse...but I'd say CTA was super funny.

Best part is the royal family came from a well off country.  Fantasy 

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, Sbbruin said:

Am I the only one who thought the original was only marginally funny?  Because I thought it was only marginally funny.  Probably because Arsenio makes my butt itch.

And here I thought I liked you..........you're dead to me now.

Edited by d2o

On 1/17/2019 at 1:21 PM, Sbbruin said:

Am I the only one who thought the original was only marginally funny?  Because I thought it was only marginally funny.  Probably because Arsenio makes my butt itch.

Your butthole sweats for Arsenio Hall?

On 1/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, XYZ said:

Stop this ridiculous slap fight. Humor is in the eye of the beholder. For me, Chevy Chase, Chris Farley: not funny at all. Bill Murray, Will Ferrell: funny. Sue me.

Chris Farley isn't funny? Wow! Have you ever seen Tommy Boy?

Bunch of needlessly edgy erroneous takes up in here.

• Fuck You 1

37 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I bet it will be slightly better than Red Dawn 2.

Can't wait for Better Off Dead 2, Badger comes Home!

Just wait for the new Revenge of the Nerds movie, it will be a bunch of nerds who own various sporting franchises, and therefore, own the jocks.

I guess that's less comedy and more reality.

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 12:32 AM, mulletpelini said:

Step Bros is funny.  It doesn't even come close to being as funny as CTA.  However, I can almost guarantee, Step Bros. 2 would be funnier than CTA 2.

I would almost guarantee neither would be funny.

I'll reserve judgment until after I see it, but comedies have the worst track record of sequels.  A truly great comedy, like both CTA and Stepbrothers happen to be, are typically lightning in a bottle.  Most fall flat the second time around.  See 97% of every comedy sequel ever made for examples.

53 minutes ago, Tom said:

I would almost guarantee neither would be funny.

I'll reserve judgment until after I see it, but comedies have the worst track record of sequels.  A truly great comedy, like both CTA and Stepbrothers happen to be, are typically lightning in a bottle.  Most fall flat the second time around.  See 97% of every comedy sequel ever made for examples.

super troopers 2 was gold.  anchorman 2 was gold. 

Gold?  You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means.  You did make reference to two sequels that were pretty solid.  A far departure from the brilliant films that spawned them, but funny on their own.  But they weren't "gold."  I feel like this site goes through this machination every couple years. 

Anyway, I'm sure we'll be disappointed, but I am damn excited about CTA2 and it looks great from the trailer.  It has a unique position in that, even by long-term movie sequels---it's been 32 years, that's insanely long even by reboot standards.  And there's not just the two main guys to reconsider, it's a dozen other side characters that have "aged" with time.  It's a curious basis.  I look forward to it.  Who gives a shit?  Normally, we'd over-analyze this shit, let's laugh.