How Fox News works

retread

In some ways, the 'Baron outrage' angle makes a lot of sense as a GOP tactic because the protection/exploitation of children arouses strong emotions in people. But Fox has to tread carefully because when they cross the line, certain groups of people will be turned off again.

She was the one with the best examples of how to look at this too. Imagine the president told the Texas governor sure I’ll send aid for hurricane relief but first I need you to do me a personal favor...

I listened to the interview today and I knew it would be a Fox story. Morons. 

With pelosi talking like a stateswoman and an interceding praying evangelical on the same podium moment all in one day? You bet they need a Hillary story!

He’s that high school kid that always does mean crap and then says he was joking when it comes home to roost. I was just joshing you about Putin, I don’t really want to give him our country and call him daddy, that was just for ratings bro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

He’s that high school kid that always does mean crap and then says he was joking when it comes home to roost. I was just joshing you about Putin, I don’t really want to give him our country and call him daddy, that was just for ratings bro.

That's the entire R party these days.

[mention=332]Bama Chick[/mention]
[mention=1147]sachick[/mention]
[mention=2072]austingirl[/mention]
Is this a look?

I mean, a look composed of cheap makeup applied with a spackle knife and a paint sprayer along with a head full of Chinese horsehair extensions is technically a look.

A shitty, make you want to vomit look but a look nonetheless.

18 hours ago, Message Board User said:

we, as a country, have no grasp of just how dangerous this is.

how dangerous it is to have a president with such a casual relationship with the truth, and then have a news network with more viewers than any other be able to just parrot what he says (or vice-versa).

report says no spying, legit investigation.  trump (and barr) and fox say spying, and corrupt investigation.  40% believe latter.  what's the point of the report at all?

subpoenas say testify, trump and fox say no, it's a sham.  congress loses all ability to do their jobs.

vote tally says trump lost popular vote, trump says no, he won it, also the inauguration was huge.

dean says nixon could've survived watergate with fox news helping?  i have no doubt this is true.

dangerous and irresponsible.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

how dangerous it is to have a president with such a casual relationship with the truth, and then have a news network with more viewers than any other be able to just parrot what he says (or vice-versa).

report says no spying, legit investigation.  trump (and barr) and fox say spying, and corrupt investigation.  40% believe latter.  what's the point of the report at all?

subpoenas say testify, trump and fox say no, it's a sham.  congress loses all ability to do their jobs.

vote tally says trump lost popular vote, trump says no, he won it, also the inauguration was huge.

dean says nixon could've survived watergate with fox news helping?  i have no doubt this is true.

i should clarify the bolded.  40% of the country (or registered voters) believe latter.  ~90% of fox watchers believe latter.

Fox News needs to be shut down and its executives criminally prosecuted for formenting lies and disinformation to the extreme detriment of the US, all in the name of profit and making a bunch of old people incredibly stupid. The time for putting up with this bullshit has long since passed. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Fox News needs to be shut down and its executives criminally prosecuted for formenting lies and disinformation to the extreme detriment of the US, all in the name of profit and making a bunch of old people incredibly stupid. The time for putting up with this bullshit has long since passed. 

10000000%.  They are shouting fire in a theater of millions and there is no fire.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

no, no one has experience with how dangerous this is. and it is. 2020 will be interesting. 2020 with a shaky economy and voila you may just hope the military takes over. i know i do. file that in the "shit i never thought i would hope for" folder.

the chasm has been so far past jumped my friends. how you communicate is everything. the US is two people not communicating but still somehow living together. somehow, somewhere that will get ugly. 

Shit fer brains Carlson is lucky he didn't ask me that question. I don't maintain a birding list like the true avian admirers do, but bet I could best him quite quick.

He is so focused on AOC and her district, would be charming for someone from Fox to travel to Jim Jordan's district:

WILLIAM HOKE: I really don't agree with a lot of the stuff these Republicans do, and I am not appreciative of fact that he seems to be one of the top people defending this guy.

U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan has gotten a starring role in the House impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump.

But the Urbana Republican’s status as the party’s top interrogator on the House Intelligence Committee also has been a boon for those who want to unseat him, Reporter Rick Rouan points out.

The Cleveland Plains Dealer has published a scathing op-ed attacking Republican Representative Jim Jordan for his disgusting behavior both in Congress and throughout his life. The Plains Dealer is the paper for Jordan’s district, and this attack might end up resonating with the voters he will soon have to go home and face.

Various sources including the Columbus Post Dispatch.

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This is my concern dude.

its unique combination of lies and half-truths has built a virtual reality so complete that it leaves its viewers too misinformed to fulfill their most basic responsibilities as citizens to make informed choices about the direction of the country.

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

So csb time. I just landed in Jamaica and staying at the Half Moon Resort (humble brag). Tucker fucking Carlson is staying here. I'll try to grab a pic. Didn't realize he had curly hair. 

Getting drunk on rum, might punch him and let him know Surly says hi. 

Fuck that fucking fuck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

So csb time. I just landed in Jamaica and staying at the Half Moon Resort (humble brag). Tucker fucking Carlson is staying here. I'll try to grab a pic. Didn't realize he had curly hair. 

Grab a pic with his wife and post it here.

BqDsgULCAAAbs7b.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I wish I could accurately express how badly I want you to do that. 

55 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I like you and would hate for you to get arrested and thrown in some island jail with no internets, so a passive aggressive tactic might be to have a conversation with him:

"Wow! Tucker Carlson! You really do look just as stupid in person as you do on the air! How's that feel to live up to that persona?"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

spacer.png

2 miles of private beach and this slap dick sits next to me. Line of Americans coming up to fluff their hero. Yuck. 

Fyi - My wife is livid I'm on my phone and stressing on whether to do my patriotic duty to give him a 'rum punch'.

Dude, you have to at least say something.  At least yell out traitor or something.

• Like 1