Dallas Bartender Going Viral For Beating Up Woman

Vic Mackey

Austin Shuffield is his name. Bartender (well was) at High And Tight in Deep Ellum. 

Capture.png

This happened in Deep Ellum. I saw this video released a few nights ago and it has since blown up. Has gone viral all over the country. While he was in jail for the the little he was, his Facebook page was blasted. A lot of his page was public. His last post he made reached over 11,000 new comments since anyone could comment. They raided his whole Facebook page with comments.His friend list also went from over 900 friends to about 660 before he deactivated it. His bond was only $2,000. Seems low for having a gun in your hand and causing assault. Her lawyer and other activist groups and pushing for multiple felony counts being charged. Right now, it's just 3 misdemeanor charges. You can search his name Austin Shuffield and tons will pop up.

The video released by the news stations is not the full video. It does not capture what happened leading up to him punching the shit out of her. The unedited version you can see the gun he had in his hand.

This is the unedited version.

Article below...

Spoiler

White Texas bartender caught on video 'brutally punching a black woman and shouting racial slurs over parking lot dispute' is fired as victim's lawyers seek hate crime charges

• Austin Shuffield, 24, was charged with aggravated assault, interference with a 911 call and public intoxication, all misdemeanors, for the incident
  • Shuffield's victim, L'Daijohnique Lee, 24, is being represented by high-profile civil rights attorney Lee Merritt
  • The victim said Shuffield used racial slurs against her during his Wednesday morning attack, according to her attorney
  • Lee remained hospitalized Friday morning with a concussion and swelling
  • Authorities say Shuffield confronted Lee for allegedly driving the wrong way on a one-way street and blocking the exit of a parking lot when he was leaving 
  • Lee said she made a mistake while dropping off a friend at a local hotel
  • Video shot by a bystander shows Shuffield pulling out a handgun while confronting Lee, who pulled out her cellphone to call 911
  • Shuffield knocks the cell phone out of Lee's hand, prompting her to punch him
  • Shuffield responds by punching Lee in the face multiple times
  • The owner of the bar and barbershop where Shuffield worked said he fired Shuffield after viewing video of his attack

A white former bartender who allegedly beat up a black woman and hurled racist abuse at her during a parking lot dispute early Wednesday morning, could be facing hate crime charges.

Austin Shuffield, 24, of Dallas, Texas, was charged with aggravated assault, interference with a 911 call and public intoxication, all misdemeanors, following the incident.

Police say Shuffield is the man seen on video savagely punching a black woman identified as L'Daijohnique Lee, 24.

The video shot by a bystander went viral on social media and caught the attention of high-profile civil rights attorney Lee Merritt, who contacted the victim and says he is working with her to ensure her attacker is held accountable.

'It made my blood boil,' Merritt told the Daily Mail about seeing the video for the first time.

The attorney said Lee was still recovering in the hospital Friday morning after suffering a concussion and 'cranial swelling.'

He also said the initial charges against Shuffield weren't severe enough for what he was seen doing on video. 

'Our office is speaking with the Dallas Police Department and the Dallas County District Attorney's office to ensure all appropriate charges are pursued, including felony assault, firearm and hate crime-related charges,' Merritt said via text message.

Police were called to the scene of the attack at 4.26am Wednesday.

Lee said Shuffield confronted her for driving the wrong way down a one-way street and blocking a parking lot exit with her vehicle while he was trying to leave the lot.

When she tried to leave the scene, she said Shuffield blocked her path with his vehicle before getting out to berate her again. 

That was the moment a bystander starting filming the incident with his smart phone camera, according to Merritt. 

The video shows Shuffield pulling a handgun from his waste band while arguing with Lee, who responds by pulling out her cell phone to call 911. 

'I was scared. I was like, "You got a gun?"' Lee told WFAA after the incident. 'The first thing I could think of was to call the police.'

In the video, Shuffield is seen knocking the phone out of Lee's hand, prompting her to punch him. He retaliates by punching Lee in the face at least five times, even after she curled up and covered her face in submission.

'He charged at me and just kept going. I was just like saying, "OK OK," as he's hitting me like, "OK,"' Lee said.

Shuffield then kicked Lee's phone into the street.

'You're in big trouble bro,' a bystander can be heard saying on the video.

'Hey bro, chill bro, that's a female,' the man filming the incident says next before the video cuts off.

Prior to the incident, Shuffield worked as a bartender at High & Tight Barbershop, a combination barbershop and bar located in Dallas's Deep Ellum neighborhood not far from where the attack occurred.

The business's owner told reporters he fired Shuffield after seeing the video of the attack and talking with police.

'We have finally spoke with police representatives and have terminated this employee,' the company said in a post on its Facebook page. 'We do not stand behind the actions that took place and hope that the full weight of the law comes down on this incident.'

Lee told WFAA the incident was the worst night of her life.

'Why you put your hands on me like that?' she said of Shuffield. 'You literally sat there and beat me like a man.'

Edited by Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So where does "neo nazi" come from?  His facebook?  Shaun King''s fevered imagination? 

Looks more like a Bernie bro to me.

He very well could be an Arian nation type or just a nacissistic douchebag with anger management problems.  Dallas and Deep Ellum screams doucher, that's for certain.  Perhaps his FB page has some Nazi type shit on it, I dunno.  It may have nothing, 50/50 odds.

These days everything's gotta have a political/racial agenda, whether it's warrented or not.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cajun said:

These days everything's gotta have a political/racial agenda, whether it's warrented or not.

I get where you are coming from, but the video is too stark and horrifying to keep folks from “waiting for the facts”. Still, a conversation about big white dude beating the shit out of a black woman will always begin with questions of race-based  motivations and whether or not Captain Fuckbeard is a nazi/what have you. 

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

I get where you are coming from, but the video is too stark and horrifying to keep folks from “waiting for the facts”. Still, a conversation about big white dude beating the shit out of a black woman will always begin with questions of race-based  motivations and whether or not Captain Fuckbeard is a nazi/what have you. 

shaun king selling this as “white neo-nazi” beating a “black woman” is almost as terrible as the act itself.  it’s like people want to incite a race war. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

This man was threatening castration!  What are we splitting hairs here?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, futureman said:

shaun king selling this as “white neo-nazi” beating a “black woman” is almost as terrible as the act itself.  it’s like people want to incite a race war. 

There's a lot of "want it to be true" in his writings.

Yes that video is fucked up. I've been to high and right to see my buddy play and it is definitely a hipster douche crowd. Not seeing the neo Nazis angle but who knows. This dude is a real piece of shit. I don't u deratamd how the bond was only 2,000 dollars?

Apparently he blocked her after she drove the wrong way down a one way street or sumshit.

Seems to be more to it than that.  Perhaps she mouthed off to him at the bar and injured his sensitive little bearded skinny jeans feelings.

Who knows.

• Like 1

Fuck this piece of shit. Bury him under the prison
Why were they in a parking lot arguing? Was this after the bar closed? Why did he have a gun and why did think he needed to show he gun?

Argument started because he said she was blocking an exit with her car. Story I heard was that he got out and started hitting her car for her to move. She moved onto the sidewalk curb area cause she was waiting for a friend. After she moved he followed her and hit her phone out of her hands and that's when she pushed him.

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

Argument started because he said she was blocking an exit with her car. Story I heard was that he got out and started hitting her car for her to move. She moved onto the sidewalk curb area cause she was waiting for a friend. After she moved he followed her and hit her phone out of her hands and that's when she pushed him.

That sounds about this dude's speed.

Shaun King's racial agenda is pathetic, agreed. A white guy now pretending to be black. Before he shut his Facebook down, there was a pic he posted about Nazi Germany. Although it looked to be like a joke. His cover photo was Trump. Also a post from 2010 talking about "ghetto black women" so naturally people are going to run with that.

I don't pretend to know all about the law but doesn't he actually have to use to the gun he had for it to be aggravated assault? He had it in his hand but he never used it. I get these groups wanting the book thrown at him but you can't just trump up charges because it's now a racial issue. I hate how so many of these groups cherry pick what they get angry about. There's an article that a civil rights activist group wants to shut down Deep Ellum now. GTFO. How about all the other crime that has happened there over they glossed over? But now because its a "race" thing, all hell breaks loose. Al Sharpton types are the worst. They are vultures to these incidents and are there only for their own agenda. They don't actually care about the black community on an everyday level. They swoop in when shit like this happens to exploit and patronize them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

The racw part is about him using racial slurs while yelling and punching her. I know that doesn't mean he is a neo-nazi but punching a black chick while yelling F U Ni***r doesn't help. I wish anyone else but Shaun King was apart of this cause that will take over this thread

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

No shit, not to make light, but she took the best he could deliver like a fucking champ.

Dude needs to go in the hole for a good while.

His fellow inmates see this, and they are going to go to town on his hole like nobody’s business.

• Haha 1

Don’t really see how it can’t be construed as at least slightly racially charged if he literally yelled “fuck you nigger” while assaulting her. 

Oh for sure, I just don't see the jump to neo-nazi yet but that's not important as his ass getting more charges.

20 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

The racw part is about him using racial slurs while yelling and punching her. I know that doesn't mean he is a neo-nazi but punching a black chick while yelling F U Ni***r doesn't help. I wish anyone else but Shaun King was apart of this cause that will take over this thread

My point of the race angle is they only cherry pick what to get "outraged" about and by they being Shaun King and and the civil activist groups. Black males commit crimes all the time all over Dallas, even against white people. Those groups are silent when it comes to that or black on black crime. Why not take action against all the crime in Dallas?

A hate crime is defined as the crime being motivated by racial, religious or sexual orientation. Did he follow her around and do all this because she specifically black and that was the only reason? Or was he a drunk asshole douchebag on a power trip because he is a piece of shit? Shitty people are shitty people. I get him using racial slurs as the act was occurring but that still does not qualify it for a hate crime based on that alone. They'd have to prove this act was committed solely on her race. And by most of the stories out there, it wasn't. Shaun King jumps the gun constantly.

They want to have Deep Ellum shut down because of this but ignore all the crime committed before this by all racial groups? Doesn't work like that.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 2

dd14512d7b8eb9485fcecb86627a475e.jpg

I mean, he just called her a nigger and tried to beat the shit out of her after pulling a gun, what makes you guys jump to the hate crime conclusion?? It’s preposterous.

Hate crime yes, I'm just talking about the term neo nazi

Actually fuck it he's a POS call him whatever

50 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Don’t really see how it can’t be construed as at least slightly racially charged if he literally yelled “fuck you nigger” while assaulting her. 

yeah in this case you're right but as a side note, from what i've seen of fights, just yelling "nigga" at someone you want to fight doesn't automatically mean its racial IMO. for better or worse everyone uses that damn word, it isn't limited to yelling it only at black people. i see little kids of all races yelling it to each other all the time on the street, for fights, for fun, to show comraderie, etc.

couple months ago this seemingly 100% arab guy almost ran me and my dog over at a stop light and when i told him to go fuck himself and to learn to drive, he got out of his car to fight. i told him he was nuts and this would be a stupid ass reason to fight/go to jail/hospital/etc, but from the jump he was calling me it and really didn't stop for a couple minutes. and i look as mexican as they come, cantinflas moustache and all.