henrygandorf

“for all mankind” - streaming this fall on apple+

Ron D. Moore doing Man in the High Castle but 20 years later during the Space Race? 

Okay!  Joel Kinnaman is now a Hulu show away from the cycle (Hanna - Amazon; Altered Carbon - Netflix; For All Mankind - Apple TV+) 

Ron D Moore is amazing.  I'm rewatching BSG with the wife(for the first time) and just can't believe how far ahead of everything that show was.  It's so good.  If this is anywhere close to that, it'll be great.

46 minutes ago, Drew said:

Ron D Moore is amazing.  I'm rewatching BSG with the wife(for the first time) and just can't believe how far ahead of everything that show was.  It's so good.  If this is anywhere close to that, it'll be great.

thanks writers' strike!

I’m in.

I’m a sucker for alt-history, period pieces, and Joel Kinnamon so this is catnip for me.

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m in.

I’m a sucker for alt-history, period pieces, and Joel Kinnamon so this is catnip for me.

you sound like my sister, but her boxes are "time travel" and "romance" tied together with some sort of "mystery" element.

when the lakehouse came out she almost stopped breathing.

It's probably gonna suck, but it's kind of a Red Dawn of space entertainment, so I'll probably watch it eating Chee-tos and drinking Orange Crush.
What for they rob the title of the fucking fantastic real documentary about Apollo done in 1989?  That one made me cry - uh, for the right reasons.

Still, this is better than some 4th-round rehash of Ghostbusters made into a series or some shit.  So why not?

bump for the release of this, and apple+ streaming.

tepid reviews, but better than most of the apple shows dropping (most have gotten slammed).

first 3 available now, then weekly drop.  similar to how hulu does it.  newer trailer:

Watched episode one tonight. Loved it. Characters are well played. Alternate history where Russia lands on the moon first. 

We dropped Netflex because of the quality of shows. Added Apple tv today (7 day free trial) Lots of good shows, looks much better than Netflex

Not impressed. The other high profile Apple TV+ original, The Morning Show is getting murdered in reviews, too.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

The Morning Show

That looked pretty bad. Just seems like overcasting for the sake of A listers without any chemistry or purpose. 

Yea, it’s kind of shocking how badly some of these reviews are for Apple’s initial release of shows.  You would have thought a quarter of a trillion in cash reserves would have allowed them to money-whip any show script they wanted to ensure the launch was a successful one.  I guess not   

That said, I watched Ep. 1 of this show yesterday and really enjoyed it.  

On 11/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, TexasBuckeye said:

Watched episode one tonight. Loved it. Characters are well played. Alternate history where Russia lands on the moon first. 

We dropped Netflex because of the quality of shows. Added Apple tv today (7 day free trial) Lots of good shows, looks much better than Netflex

That’s a bold statement my friend. 

Didn’t think I would enjoy a story about alternate history of the space race — 1st episode has me hooked though. Also liked 1st episode of Dickinson. Pretty young adult/WB slant to it, but weirdly funny show to me.  

Okay!  Joel Kinnaman is now a Hulu show away from the cycle (Hanna - Amazon; Altered Carbon - Netflix; For All Mankind - Apple TV+) 

I was disappointed to see he’s in this. He’s a bad actor and made Altered Carbon unwatchable for me.

I'd seen the trailer for this a month back or so, but did not know about the female slant.  Ugh, another story that has to be up to the minute movement motivated.  How bout "Hey you went to the moon? So we're gonna go to fucking Mars man!"  It's all fiction anyways, 

so tired of this PC shit.  Can't wait for Indiana Jane.

8 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I was disappointed to see he’s in this. He’s a bad actor and made Altered Carbon unwatchable for me.

Martha Higareda in S1Ep5 would like to have a word with you in a sexy Mexican accent.

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I'd seen the trailer for this a month back or so, but did not know about the female slant.  Ugh, another story that has to be up to the minute movement motivated.  How bout "Hey you went to the moon? So we're gonna go to fucking Mars man!"  It's all fiction anyways, 

Russians had a woman in space in 1963 - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_Tereshkova

12 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I think he did the best he could with an awful script for Altered Carbon. He's much better in this show. Much closer to his performance in the Killing which I enjoyed.

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russians had a woman in space in 1963 - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_Tereshkova

Hey thanks captain history.  I've got a pretty good grasp of the space program.  Not men sitting around thinking shit up level, but decent.

Hey man nice shot, you landed on a gotdamn iron plate

On 11/6/2019 at 4:31 AM, mulletpelini said:

Image result for indiana jane

Better than Shia.