henrygandorf

impeachment inquiry hearings thread

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nothing will bring about Trump's removal. The Senate is going to protect him. If you come at the king, you'd best not miss, and Sondland flipping on Trump would be guaranteed to miss. Then he'd be a Republican outcast with the most powerful man in the world out for vengeance against him. 

Sondland is not going to go to jail for Trump.  He’s in his 60s and a millionaires many times over.   He will turn on Trump to cover his own ass in a heartbeat.

18 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

The fact that you have the temerity to make a post related to rules of evidence suggests that your brainworms have eaten the portion responsible for self-awareness. 

See a neurologist. 

He’s just trolling, Jake. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sondland is not going to go to jail for Trump.  He’s in his 60s and a millionaires many times over.   He will turn on Trump to cover his own ass in a heartbeat.

No doubt about this. 

I’m laying 50/50 odds on taking the fifth. With the under throwing trump under the bus, and the least likely scenario, he moons the cameras. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

No doubt about this. 

I’m laying 50/50 odds on taking the fifth. With the under throwing trump under the bus, and the least likely scenario, he moons the cameras. 

Can he even do  that at this point?   And what if they decide to nail him for perjury as a result - bet he’d correct himself/roll real fucking fast if he’s facing jail time.  

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Can he even do  that at this point?   And what if they decide to nail him for perjury as a result - bet he’d correct himself/roll real fucking fast if he’s facing jail time.  

Sure. Perjury is a tricky charge. Not that easy to prove. I’m guessing his lawyers last week had him walk back his initial testimony to reduce the likelihood of a perjury charge. What happens going forward now though is up in the air. If I was advising him, I’d tell him to tell trump to fuck off and plead the fifth. And spend a whole bunch of money on criminal lawyers (not me of course since I’m not a criminal lawyer) making damn sure I don’t get thrown in jail. 

Trump is probably on the phone with him right now offering him a pardon if he lies though, so there is that to consider. Plus good ole Billy Barr man backing up the trumpster’s criminal obstruction.

30 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

You know, I would really like to.  Trust me, I would.  But I don’t think the surly gay mafia and the resident womenfolk could handle it.

36 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Rep. Mike Quigley (D) Illinois-"Hearsay 'can be much better' evidence than direct evidence."

Salem, Massachusetts has joined the chat.

There are all sorts of exceptions to the hearsay rule, including statements against interest. Hearsay can in fact be direct evidence. 

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

There are all sorts of exceptions to the hearsay rule, including statements against interest. Hearsay can in fact be direct evidence. 

Party admissions are non-hearsay

46 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If mike pence testified trump told him he was bribing the Ukrainians the dipshit trumpkins would claim “that’s hearsay.”

If trump himself admitted he bribed the Ukrainians the dipshits would claim “he was joking.”

Fuck them and their feelings and bullshit opinions. They’re hopeless. Just do the right thing and impeach his sorry ass and let the chips fall.

57 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yes, but I was talking about statements against interest. Practically, it works the same whether it is non-hearsay or an exception. 

Yeah I was looking for visual evidence. Sounds like fucking wheelhouse 

Well....I’m the male version of that, and I’m pretty fuckin’ homely.

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion