Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

The kid has recently received some of those bigtime offers. His profile is on the rise. So far it seems unclear how Texas will proceed on recruiting him.

I wish he would commit to Texas before the inevitable ratings bounce. Would give aggy another data point on their recruiting ratings conspiracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Damn, I didn't even know about Ethan Pouncey, he hasn't been rated yet, but he's got an elite early offer list. Only question is if brother Jordan is even going to stick around here.

https://247sports.com/player/ethan-pouncey-46079307/

Did I miss something. Read "more on Ethan later".... but i don't see the additional Ethan intel

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This isn't a serious post, right? I mean, I know the poster in question, but still...can I get a ruling here from the gallery?

In his defense, you're expecting someone from Louisiana to count to 10, and typically, they can only count to the number of fingers they have.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Has Herman shown any interest in the jr. QB from Longview high school, Haines King?  His dad is the head coach.  He has 12-15 offers, including  LSU, Auburn and Arky.  He's a dual threat QB.   I believe he's a 3*.  He's a 2020 prospect.  My nephew goes to school there and loves Texas.

King loves LSU, and if LSU decides to process one of their two existing QB commits, King would probably go there.

44 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Has Herman shown any interest in the jr. QB from Longview high school, Haines King?  His dad is the head coach.  He has 12-15 offers, including  LSU, Auburn and Arky.  He's a dual threat QB.   I believe he's a 3*.  He's a 2020 prospect.  My nephew goes to school there and loves Texas.

The staff has checked in on him and recruited him for awhile, and I think an offer might eventually come, but I don't think it'll matter for either side, just not a match that was ever going to work for either side with Card in the class early 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This isn't a serious post, right? I mean, I know the poster in question, but still...can I get a ruling here from the gallery?

Im sorry? Are you a Warehime fan all the sudden?  

Going purely off that post for information you could ask the question. Or at least get a little wishful thinking going. 

But, please let your asshole take run wild. 

22 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Going purely off that post for information you could ask the question. Or at least get a little wishful thinking going. 

Fuck it, you’re rolling. So who is your guess for the other coaching vacancy, since “going purely off that post for information” there are 2?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

How many coaching vacancies do you think Texas has right now, out of curiousity?

42 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Coordinators are coaches. We still have ten coaches. Ergo no vacancies to hire Beaty. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

The point. You have quite missed it, sir. 

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

Your mom has a vacancy. Step right up guys.  

Of course you wont answer. Did you finally realize that the answer is 0, and therefore there is no reason to, paraphrase you, “get your hopes up about a dfw recruiting rainmaker currently doing nothing.” No one left the staff dipshit. But please explain to us how wareheim taking over special teams and naivar focusing more on defense means we are hiring an 11th coach despite ncaa restrictions. 

11 minutes ago, RabidM said:

We going to be able to take enough players to get to top 3 again?

This is our concern dude. 

If we take less than 24, which most people are saying, it will likely be impossible to climb into the Top 5. 

Ohio State has three 5 stars but with only 17 commits, finished #14