Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

I remember very clearly stopping for gas in a small central Louisiana town on prom night many moons ago. Nothing like a mixture of coonasses, dayglo prom dresses, and a large serving of Psilocybe cyanescens. I quite distinctly remember that the air conditioner in the bathroom was playing a basso profundo rendition of "I Dream of Jeanie" whilst the mirror broke into fractals. Anyway, when the truckload of high school students pulled up, and a gaggle of girls in garish dresses hopped out of the back, I couldn't help myself. I just bust out laughing, and didn't stop for the longest time.

Easily my favorite prom memory.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2019 at 9:08 AM, Machinator said:

OL Chad Lindberg, LC Clear Creek - UOV: He’s coming back to Texas. He'll Roll Out to the 40 Acres for spring game weekend, big Luda style. Texas is in good shape. He's a big part of consensus building and he's bought in to a degree.

Can someone translate?

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Can someone translate?

He's visiting for the Spring Game.

We're the favorite right now.

He has the potential to be a ringleader in the class, and even as an uncommitted recruit he may be helping with that right now.

Insert Ludacris references.

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Can someone translate?

It's Nahlin and Wells throwing up words again, they try too hard to imitate Scipio and continue to fall on their face. I wish they would just present the info without all of the bad jokes or terrible analogies. If you catch their podcast or radio interviews, it's even worse. 

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

It's Nahlin and Wells throwing up words again, they try too hard to imitate Scipio and continue to fall on their face. I wish they would just present the info without all of the bad jokes or terrible analogies. If you catch their podcast or radio interviews, it's even worse. 

I think Wells is usually the worst offender. Nahlin tends to be more straightforward in his written pieces.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He's visiting for the Spring Game.

We're the favorite right now.

He has the potential to be a ringleader in the class, and even as an uncommitted recruit he may be helping with that right now.

Insert Ludacris references.

I thought we had to refer to him as Luda because we are cool kid cool. 

37 minutes ago, Goodman said:

The Lindberg bit sounds more like danger snax

5 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

So 3 out of 4 of our top DL targets.  I know they’ve said Collins isn’t coming but has anyone reported if he’s going anywhere?

Going to aggy spring game as of now.  3/4 of our DL targets coming to the spring game and nobody probably would have though Collins would be the one who didn't.

@Fud said a few days ago Umanmielen would go to one of the games last minute and that would indicate where he's favoring.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, The Ghost of Hau Pham said:

I guess I’m a shitty writer. I’ll stick to Biochemistry. I tried to get creative with poking fun at Brook and Pasadena and I suppose you extracted more vitriol than humor. I moved to Texas for the first time in my life the same month I started my freshman year at Lake, so the rivalry doesn’t mean everything to me or “mark me too hard”. Like I said here earlier, I dropped out of Lake after 2 years to go to TAMS so I’m not even an alum. I do try to get into Lake vs Brook when I can though for fun. The fight at a Whataburger following this past year’s edition was insane.

Your prom is your prom man. If you had fun at Brook prom, that’s all that truly matters. Sorry if comparing you having fun at Brook prom to a Blinn student gazing at the aggy jizz jar at fish camp in awe sounded more angry than a joke. Guess I’ll have to be more nice next time. Otherwise I’ll have to take a vacation, which would mean I would have to eat my Cheerios all by myself.

Oh, and you were right. ‘91-‘93. I forgot the 69-14 game. nice

You are new to posting. Now you have some insight in to how fragile some of the personalities are around here...

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, pacman said:

You are new to posting. Now you have some insight in to how fragile some of the personalities are around here...

To be fair, posting personal info you've determined about someone might raise a bit of defensiveness from any of us.

14 hours ago, pacman said:

The only difference between your posting mentality and mine is that you have your illusions intact. You have an old enough posting history with enough color for that to change if someone wanted to change it.