Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

9 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Running a defense that is heavily reliant on linebacker play with a recruiting base that rarely produces quality linebackers seems counterintuitive. 

Good thing we don’t do that then. This team has the ability to base out of a dime package  that requires one true LB. I’m not sure how we could play a defensive scheme that’s less reliant on linebacker play. 

You’ve seriously gone full satya. Hell, even satya was blaming this one on luck and you bitch about our style of defense even though you have no clue what you’re talking about. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

EJ Holland is a worthless piece of shit as a person covering UT. It’s taken them too long to send him on his way and they’ve lost plenty of subscribers as a result of his weak shit. 

So you think/know he got canned vs. a voluntary move?

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

EJ Holland is a worthless piece of shit as a person covering UT. It’s taken them too long to send him on his way and they’ve lost plenty of subscribers as a result of his weak shit. 

So, you won't be signing onto his new venture where he and Hamm partner-up and go independent to cover recruiting?

15 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Good thing we don’t do that then. This team has the ability to base out of a dime package  that requires one true LB. I’m not sure how we could play a defensive scheme that’s less reliant on linebacker play. 

You’ve seriously gone full satya. Hell, even satya was blaming this one on luck and you bitch about our style of defense even though you have no clue what you’re talking about. 

I don't think anyone is complaining about our LB haul last class, it's damn good and the Floyd situation is unfortunate.  

The problem is we don't wont to be relying on true freshmen because we have zero depth and the state has been producing zip for LB and when the rare one does emerge he goes to LSU or somewhere.

I think Caleb Johnson eventually becomes a real good LB for us, but like with Gary Johnson, it may take a half or full season for him to get acclimated to D1.

Just now, Keef said:

Why announce that your going to make an announcement two days from now? Is he also going to post a top ten list of replacement candidates on twitter? 

Because then you get two articles written about you and two bursts of Twitter notoriety vs. just one. Duh.

1 minute ago, Keef said:

Why announce that you’re going to make an announcement two days from now? Is he also going to post a top ten list of replacement candidates on twitter? 

The Horns247 subscriber base has been pestering him about it.

Edited by Machinator

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe so, but onetime there was a picture of his cat wearing a tie and a vest.  I'd hope you could get over your personal bias long enough to at least appreciate that.

15 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Maybe so, but onetime there was a picture of his cat wearing a tie and a vest.  I'd hope you could get over your personal bias long enough to at least appreciate that.

NOPE..... NOPE..... NOPE

15056721_673453119483990_410278357268168

42 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Was the cat thinking about buying a boat?  With money it made manufacturing and selling internets?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

EJ was awful, but I'll miss three things: 

1) Laughing at EJ's complete lack of self awareness. Cat Sitter Gate was my favorite. 

2) EJ trolling Aggy. 

3) His article volume. While not insightful, informative, or entertaining, it like was a Diet Shasta in the middle of the desert. 

I assume Burton will promote the far superior Mike Roach from part time to full time. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 3

On 4/19/2019 at 12:13 PM, Bill Lumbergh said:
On 4/19/2019 at 12:03 PM, Foosters said:
Hmm, Cook's ceiling is "almost as good as Holton Hill?"  

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say Cook's ceiling is almost as high as Holton Hill?

Let's just hope Cook doesn't get as high as Holton Hill.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gordogg24p said:

I could believe it. I'm sure the information regarding that is out there, but I don't give enough of a shit about EJ to look for it. Just glad he's gonna be gone soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

When i first saw the EJ Speculation thread on 247, I thought finally the DMN hired him and we're rid of him. BlueAndGold.com/Indiana works even better. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis