Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:
13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This picture can't be right.  I see a 4-man front with.

I know you're joking.  But this is actually a pretty wild looking front.  Here's how I pad it:

Coburn-Front.jpg

Here's the stunt scheme.  The blue line is McCulloch who is in designed man coverage on the RB.

Coburn-alignment-post-snap.jpg

Am I the only person worried that our potentially misguided bullish attitude at RB could leave us with potentially no decent RB again in 2020? One Bijan head fake and we might be exposed. It seems Jordan is going elsewhere. Who’s up after that?

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Am I the only person worried that our potentially misguided bullish attitude at RB could leave us with potentially no decent RB again in 2020?

Any perusal of this thread should confirm to you that no one else is worried about RB recruiting.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Am I the only person worried that our potentially misguided bullish attitude at RB could leave us with potentially no decent RB again in 2020? One Bijan head fake and we might be exposed. It seems Jordan is going elsewhere. Who’s up after that?

No. Only you. Trust Drayton.

Edited by randygilman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You’re pretty much alone on this view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SWC's Ghost said:

Some of the posters at OB's warned me about the high levels of estrogen over here.  A lot of keyboard tough guys, lol.  No room for discussion.  I'll assure you that while you may neg me that you'll never whip my ass. 🤣

You want discussion, we can have discussion. That's not at issue. I take issue with your assertion of dominance over anyone. You come here as a passive-aggressive epithet. You assert that anyone here is looking for a fight. Your statement here is indicative that you are the one looking for a fight. You would be wise to learn to observe the customs and culture of others, especially when you set foot in their home.

Now, you can make all the grand claims about yourself as you wish. It means fuckall on the internet. I will warn you that some amongst us are far more formidable than you could ever hope to sniff.

If you want to stop being a shitbag and actually contribute here, then so be it. Do that and stop trying to force this community to be a different one. If you don't intend to make any meaningful contribution here, then go the fuck back.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Can people stop feeding the troll? He admitted yesterday to being a texags poster. Ignore the orangebloods headfake.

Our interpretations of his post aren't the same. I remember reading it as he was going back to Texags to laugh AT them. I'm certain he was a troll, but I am not sure he admitted to being an aTm troll. Pretty good chance he's one of ours. 

• Like 3

On the RB front, was there ever any legit interest from our side in Tavien Feaster?  He hasn't made a decision yet, although it looks like he's down to VaTech or the other USC.  Just curious if we showed no interest or if he wasn't interested. 

Edited by Stampeder

Well, the good news is if we strike out on RBs in 2019 and 2020, the we will be prime position to sell our depth chart to the 2021s!  Giles been working this angle the past 2 years and will be set up for a big haul in 2022. 

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I pretty much agree across the board here. The reason losing Broughton would be a big deal is that we simply don't have any other alternatives with as high a floor. And the fact that he's not on board already is entirely owing to a glaringly obvious deficiency on the recruiting staff, dripping with wing sauce.

I'm pretty sure that if he's wearing burnt orange for his career, he will be solid. Wearing any color but maroon, really. The fact that he's even considering a scheme in which he will be ridiculously misused suggests that we have all the sales floor appeal for DL of a Lime Green Chevy Nova, with an "I heart poodles" bumper sticker on it.

I had a tar heel blue Chevy Nova growing up.  I could sell the shit out of that thing. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This picture can't be right.  I see a 4-man front with.

Because people get locked in on three or four man fronts.  I also dont get all wrapped around the axle with 4I or 3 tech or whatever; it doesnt matter. It only matters where they lined up on any particular play. This why they should just be called DTs and DEs regardless of any particular designation. the same goes for other positions such as the bogus "Flex TE"; he's either lined up tight or not; if not, then he's either receiver or back on any particular play. 

On this play... a base three becomes a four man front with...

DE (#49 Graham) moved inside to the DT position.

B-Backer in 2pt stance on the right (#46 Ossai) is functioning as a traditional WDE on this play.  

DE on the left (#32 Roach) is functioning as a normal SDE

NT (#99 Coburn) is functioning as a traditional DT on this play

Edited by Soldierhorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Soldierhorn said:

Because people get locked in on three or four man fronts.  I also dont get all wrapped around the axle with 4I or 3 tech or whatever; it doesnt matter. It only matters where they lined up on any particular play. This why they should just be called DTs and DEs regardless of any particular designation; the same goes for other positions such as the bogus "Flex TE"; he's either lined up tight or not; if not, then he's either receiver or back on any particular play. 

On this play... a base three becomes a four man front with a defensive end (#49 Graham) moved inside to the DT position.

B-Backer in 2pt stance on the right (#46 Ossai) is functioning as a traditional DE on this play.  

DE on the left (#32 Roach) is functioning as a normal SDE

NT (#99 Coburn) is functioning as a traditional DT on this play

Can you send this info to Giles so he can tell the croots about it? 

12 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Can you send this info to Giles so he can tell the croots about it? 

Well, if I did, I would have to use hotdogs as player positions... and hotdogs give me gas. 

IMO, having a three man base set and morphing into a four man set is much easier and natural than starting in a four man front and dropping back resulting into a three man front.  Remember Jeffcoat dropping in coverage trying to cover receivers?  hahaha   Putting Roach at LB last season was almost as bad 

Edited by Soldierhorn

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Regarding the camp circuit, who are the participants we're in good standing with/are there enough of them to get a delegation together? Nahlin doesn't seem to think so so far.

image.png

I'm not sure I understand his last sentence.

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

I've said it before but I think Broughton is A LOT of projection at this point. Don't get me wrong, I want him in a Texas uniform and I know I'm in the minority but I think Broughton is a question mark. He has huge upside due to his versatility. For sure. Excellent frame, a nearly perfect example of what to look for in a modern DL. I honestly expected him to test better but he shows excellent flexibility and power, despite the underwhelming numbers. Having said all that - I keep waiting for him to be really good at football. I mean, I had questions about Leal's attitude and effort because there were games where he clearly DGAF and just went through the motions. Leal getting fucking worked by 210 lb kids from the burbs, etc ... was troubling  but then he'd turn it up for a game or a half or whatever and you could see that he has a lot that simply can't be coached. With Broughton I've yet to see that. At all. He's a fine player but he's also bigger and stronger than everyone that he plays, he should be absolutely dominant and instead he's just a good player. 

*** also WTF??!?!? Chris Warren fucking sucked. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. 

Let's not do this. That is some Texags-esque spin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I read it like his sources came from the staff and they were wrong.

I thought he was saying that by not sending a delegation, we'd lose ground with recruits that he has previously predicted would go to the good guys.

Edited by KYHorn

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He's pulling a Katfid. When all of his predictions don't pan out, it's not his fault, it's the Texas staff's fault. 

To be fair, if the staff turns a 10-win season and sugar bowl victory into a significantly worse class than the previous two years, I’m going to blame them too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm confused, I didn't see "Rape" listed what you quoted. Or even "sexually assault and then cover up with local police."

He's projecting. He thinks their rape skill will translate well to the murder field once they fill in their frame a little

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

Nahlin also said today that Herman might have fucked himself with his “take your time” approach to recruiting and not building momentum/have enough commits at these camps to help recruit kids. Seems like he’s setting up his followers for a strike out on Broughton, Robinson etc.