OL- Garth, Majors, Parr, Lindberg, Karic
DL- Collins, Logan-Redding,¯\_(ツ)_/¯
B- Dorbah
ATH- Hullaby
CB- Crawford, Rogers
S- Thompson Jr,¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LB-¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks.....

Any more possible DFW momentum that might sprout up??

7 minutes ago, thepop said:

LOL. Take notice of what? This is ridiculous. Back to back top 5 classes and the football team is winning again. I’m sure CDC is on the edge of his seat checking where Kelee Ringo is going. Give me a break. 

Following recruiting is like following your 401k. You should really not even pay attention to it besides adding money to it. Check it like a few times a year, not every single day. The overall obsession over recruiting in this country has gotten out of hand. 90% of Texas fans are chilling after the sugar bowl win and excited for the next season while the rest are melting down in June over teenage kids. 

Of course, you're right, but I think we all have a little brokeback in us. 

tumblr_nx9o1jF0J61r8kesco3_640.gif?resiz

Guest SWC's Ghost
10 minutes ago, thepop said:

LOL. Take notice of what? This is ridiculous. Back to back top 5 classes and the football team is winning again. I’m sure CDC is on the edge of his seat checking where Kelee Ringo is going. Give me a break. 

Following recruiting is like following your 401k. You should really not even pay attention to it besides adding money to it. Check it like a few times a year, not every single day. The overall obsession over recruiting in this country has gotten out of hand. 90% of Texas fans are chilling after the sugar bowl win and excited for the next season while the rest are melting down in June over teenage kids. 

This.  It's fun to monitor but I know I get too worked up about it.  Note to self:  Check in on a weekly basis, it may become fun again.

1 hour ago, thepop said:

speechless nathan fillion GIF

12 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I'll wait til December to figure out if they need to clean house with a few of these coaches.  Some players aren't trending (per $9.95ers) now but who knows what happens in the months to come.

Not to defend Giles or any of the other fucksticks, but this program is at a point where it's much much much more important to win games than it is to get commits in the summer.  If we go 7-5, half of the class is going to decommit.  Win the Big 12, make the playoffs, and we'll have committed 5-stars flying in to visit in December.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I just can't get too worked up about any of this. It feels like there are multiple times in each cycle where the recruiting game goes on tilt against us, and then it comes back the other way. Guys covering this stuff are too close to it and the recruits when momentum swings for a bit. One minute you're landing everybody and the next, no one knows your name. 

I do think I will laugh pretty fucking hard in a very petty, foreboding kind of way if Washington commits to OU. At this stage, going to play defense at OU over Texas is a fucking joke of a decision, especially for someone in Texas. And I know he's from California, you pedantic fucks, but he's here now. 

We lead for everyone until we don't and they pick another school.  It's how every $9.95er at every school in the country works.  The strength of last year's recruiting class was that when Herman got a few decisions that went against us, the staff pivoted to players that they had maintained a good relationship with throughout and they chose Texas.  As a result, I am not panicked or worked up either. When we lost out on a few players last year, offers went out to the next group of recruits at the same position.  We haven't seen that yet, so while we may lose out on everyone, the staff hasn't raised the white flag yet on those particular players or moved on to others yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deech said:

We lead for everyone until we don't and they pick another school.  It's how every $9.95er at every school in the country works.  The strength of last year's recruiting class was that when Herman got a few decisions that went against us, the staff pivoted to players that they had maintained a good relationship with throughout and they chose Texas.  As a result, I am not panicked or worked up either. When we lost out on a few players last year, offers went out to the next group of recruits at the same position.  We haven't seen that yet, so while we may lose out on everyone, the staff hasn't raised the white flag yet on those particular players or moved on to others yet.

hC5CEDD40

53 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Not to defend Giles or any of the other fucksticks, but this program is at a point where it's much much much more important to win games than it is to get commits in the summer.  If we go 7-5, half of the class is going to decommit.  Win the Big 12, make the playoffs, and we'll have committed 5-stars flying in to visit in December.  

Can you provide one example of this happening ever in the history of college football?  Thanks in advance. 

46 minutes ago, deech said:

I am sorry but this just doesn’t hold up, we had no replacement for Leal or Cain and it looks very possible we strike out again at RB and DL and that take as less than ideal situation and turns it into a dire one.

Edited by Not a Sock

Recruiting is slow..... So here's article on talent evaluation for recruits

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-testing-numbers-Tracking-Football-133192451/

“In recruiting you miss. You’re going to miss. So, we figure: If you’re going to miss, miss fast.”    The NFL has long targeted athletic exceptions within certain positional parameters. Hall of Fame NFL executive Gil Brandt Tweeted out a scouting chart prior to the NFL combine that showed his targets for per-position drill work.  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Recruiting is slow..... So here's article on talent evaluation for recruits

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-testing-numbers-Tracking-Football-133192451/

“In recruiting you miss. You’re going to miss. So, we figure: If you’re going to miss, miss fast.”    The NFL has long targeted athletic exceptions within certain positional parameters. Hall of Fame NFL executive Gil Brandt Tweeted out a scouting chart prior to the NFL combine that showed his targets for per-position drill work.  

Gil is a scouting legend, but I think nowadays they fine tune things and adjust for weight, for instance. 

Gil is a scouting legend, but I think nowadays they fine tune things and adjust for weight, for instance. 

Also important to remember that by the time the combine and pro-days happen that these draft eligible athletes have gone through weeks-months of speed and agility training specifically designed for those combine tests.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Also important to remember that by the time the combine and pro-days happen that these draft eligible athletes have gone through weeks-months of speed and agility training specifically designed for those combine tests.

Or thought about doing some pushups during the credits through a fifth marathon of Friends /LJH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am sorry but this just doesn’t hold up, we had no replacement for Leal or Cain and it looks very possible we strike out again at RB and DL and that take as less than ideal situation and turns it into a dire one.

We got Whittington. Probably gonna be better than Cain. 

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Which one?

You know which one. A team having an unexpectedly great year and that resulting in dramatically improved recruiting for that year’s recruiting class. Not the class two years later, the class immediately after the breakout win season. 

Gotdam y'all are a bunch of bitches melting down over 9.95 bullshit, what a fucking beating this thread has become to follow. And over what exactly?

Recruiting is a long game. No single recruitment is going to make or break us. Get some fucking perspective.

Fuck you all, good night.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bolero88 said:

We got Whittington. Probably gonna be better than Cain. 

We should recruit more elite athletes at WR and belatedly move them to RB once it's clear they're needed there. Heck, let's just have Mehringer recruit both positions and put Drayton out to pasture. Two birds with one stone.

• Fuck You 1

Bleacher Report on what Fucko left at FSU, LSU in the news for probable NCAA rules violations, with money to a recruits dad. And the usual Lincoln Riley to the Cowboys news. 

Our main regional competition has some big, timely negatives in the news right now. If we cant capitalize on that, then CDC needs to go in and force changes. 

12 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I may have referred to a few people here as shitbags, but that pales in comparison to the buttsweating pig fucker known as echeese.  I have a tremendous amount of disdain for that cocksucker.

He had a major hardnon for Mack and Greg.   He hates herman

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Bleacher Report on what Fucko left at FSU, LSU in the news for probable NCAA rules violations, with money to a recruits dad. And the usual Lincoln Riley to the Cowboys news. 

Our main regional competition has some big, timely negatives in the news right now. If we cant capitalize on that, then CDC needs to go in and force changes. 

I hope he’s already called saban or Dabo