Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

4 hours ago, Ok. Caol Hook Em! said:

It truly is hilarious witnessing goober ass subscribers realizing that they’re wasting 9.95 a month. 

I don't subscribe to any of these sites but the dumbest thing in sports now is fans not understanding how their own demand for instant news is more at fault than the people supplying it.

The Kawhi thing was another example of how things change but fans just enjoy saying I told you so to anyone who reported information before the change.

If a 9.95er wasn't optimistic about Robinson a month ago then they weren't dialed in.  It's childish for fans to blame the reporters for reality itself.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Two commitments today and we’re melting down. It’s almost like an Ohio State coach let a certain silent running back commit out of the bag, leading to a flood of crystal balls, and shitting on our day.

That’d be cool if true. Can’t imagine said RB would appreciate someone taking away his moment

Let me explain... No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

we seem to have problems with some areas for recruiting, and do well in another.  the below is what i've learned from this board

dl: 3 "problems"  

1. our scheme which is negatively recruited but is the same scheme that other schools run (bama, lsu, others) and don't have our problems with dl recruiting

root cause: shitty recruiting by our coach specifically giles and indirectly orlando because we can't counter that scheme message like other schools.  

fix: fire giles, make orlando recruit better (or at least tell a better fucking story of our scheme), and do something to balance the glaring imbalance in numbers of offensive vs defensive coaches

2. giles sucks as a recruiter

root cause: he sucks as a person and will steal your dog

fix: fire giles, hire someone less sucky

3. shitty draft performance by dl 

root cause: scheme (maybe?) and shitty players, which begs the question why aren't we developing our recruits into "better" players

fix: recruit better, fire giles, have on campus players play better which goes back to coaching, maybe?

rb: 2 "problems"

1. our scheme and playcalling is negatively recruited.  qb run first.  

root cause: scheme, play calling, rb and oline are all shitty?, which all goes back to recruiting and player development and play calling.  the coaches have to know what the neg recruit story is now, the fact that they haven't come up with a convincing response baffles me.

fix: never run the ball.  just pass all the time.  fuck rb recruiting.

2. our rbs suck

root cause: scheme, play calling, rb and oline are all shitty?, which all goes back to recruiting and player development and play calling.  the coaches have to know what the neg recruit story is now, the fact that they haven't come up with a convincing response baffles me.

fix: never run the ball.  just pass all the time.  fuck rb recruiting.

lb: 2 "problems"

1. lack of quality lb recruits

root cause: every 6'0 - 6'2" texas high school player wants to be a wide receiver or dback.  texas high school coaches do know how to coach/develop lbs.

fix: orlando needs to fucking recruit better.  so there's less of a population of lbs to recruit.  just means we have to be fucking stellar at recruiting the few there are.  

root cause: fire a fucking worthless pos coach on the offense and hire a LB defensive coach to focus on lb recruiting, do a better job early identifying and recruiting the only 2 or 3 lbs in each class

2. we are slow to identify and recruit lbs

fix: orlando needs to fucking recruit better.  so there's less of a population of lbs to recruit.  just means we have to be fucking stellar at recruiting the few there are.  

root cause: fire a fucking worthless pos coach on the offense and hire a LB defensive coach to focus on lb recruiting, do a better job early identifying and recruiting the only 2 or 3 lbs in each class

db: we do not seem to have a problem other than too stacked a cupboard.  our success seems to come from our dbu reputation and the scheme that we run which can put numerous dbs on the field.  but coaches need to counter the neg recruiting that we are too stacked, which is apparently how we lost washington.  he would rather go play for a school which doesn't have one nfl player on d roster than to play with our stellar dbs.  how the fuck did we lose that recruitment if that is the reason????????????????????????????

did i capture the gist of the last 30 pages?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

shes next level trolling.  Her son is gonna spurn her like that one SEC clown a few years back 

I appreciate the cold, dark shot of reality...perfect timing, just as my hopes were starting to escalate. 

23 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Let me explain... No, there is too much. Let me sum up.  we seem to have problems with some areas for recruiting:  1) dl: 3 "problems" , 2) rb: 2 "problems" , 3) lb: 2 "problems

did i capture the gist of the last 30 pages?

FIFY

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Is there a reason why the football-crazed state of Texas struggles to consistently produce many high quality linebackers. It always seem to ebb and flow with some years being stacked. Is it scheme, player development, and/or 7 on 7 culture?

Yes 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Is there a reason why the football-crazed state of Texas struggles to consistently produce many high quality linebackers. It always seem to ebb and flow with some years being stacked. Is it scheme, player development, and/or 7 on 7 culture?

Arthur Ray Briles.  Mike Leach out front shoulda told ya. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

All of the athletes who are big enough, strong enough, and fast enough to play linebacker have left this noble game behind and are now playing women's soccer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Is there a reason why the football-crazed state of Texas struggles to consistently produce many high quality linebackers.

The competitiveness also leads to putting developmental guys in the wrong spots due to need. Look around at TXHS rosters and see how many 6'0-6'2, 240lb d-lineman there are. Some of those guys are playing above their natural weight and compromising linebacker potential to do it.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Nah, I agree recruiting-wise, but recruiting shouldn't dictate playcalling.

is it wrong to give keontay the ball on the goal line?  I guess that’s possible.  but yeah if he had 15 tds last year it would no doubt help in recruiting a back. 

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

The difference is in the win column so while they'll pay, they have elite recruits commit just based on performance. Just my take

They usually are in the CFB playoffs, they have multiple recent Heisman winners & they have players highly drafted.  We should try that.  

34 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

They usually are in the CFB playoffs, they have multiple recent Heisman winners & they have players highly drafted.  We should try that.  

I would not surprise me if there were bags given to Kyler and Jalen. 

53 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Great... she has one of Demas’s hats on the table. 

After an hour session of yoga she is about strip down to take a shower, and she doesn’t want to wash her hair.  Demas on the other hand, wears his everyday to prevent flying jizz and drool from the aggy faithful.

Edited by ShowmeyourTDs

42 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

After an hour session of yoga she is about strip down to take a shower, and she doesn’t want to wash her hair.  Demas on the other hand, wears his everyday to prevent flying jizz and drool from the aggy faithful.

What the hell is this comment 

3 hours ago, fellside said:

I don't subscribe to any of these sites but the dumbest thing in sports now is fans not understanding how their own demand for instant news is more at fault than the people supplying it.

The Kawhi thing was another example of how things change but fans just enjoy saying I told you so to anyone who reported information before the change.

If a 9.95er wasn't optimistic about Robinson a month ago then they weren't dialed in.  It's childish for fans to blame the reporters for reality itself.

I was referring to the constant sunshine pumping that IT continues to provide for their subs. And no, at the time, every 9.95er was optimistic about Bijan. It’d be idiotic to blame them for our staffs failure to close.

Even the reply that Nahlin gave indicated they don’t have the humility to admit they were wrong. Also, they continue to stand by the fact that we’re gonna end up around the top 5 mark, which is obviously not gonna happen. 

17 minutes ago, Ok. Caol Hook Em! said:

I was referring to the constant sunshine pumping that IT continues to provide for their subs. And no, at the time, every 9.95er was optimistic about Bijan. It’d be idiotic to blame them for our staffs failure to close.

Even the reply that Nahlin gave indicated they don’t have the humility to admit they were wrong. Also, they continue to stand by the fact that we’re gonna end up around the top 5 mark, which is obviously not gonna happen. 

Obviously?   I don’t know about that.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yep. Somehow land 2/3 of Broughton/Collins/Princely and this class looks completely different. Odds of that happening are obviously not high, but doable 

Not to be a pedant, but there's a bit difference in this class between landing Broughton and Collins and Collins and Princely. But I do agree with your point. 

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

IDK how others feel, but Fillinger's film looks better to me than Princely.  More explosive off the ball.

That’s fine but do we really have much of a chance with him? If we can’t hit our primary, in-state targets, why do we think we have much of a chance with him? Odds are higher we miss on both, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s fine but do we really have much of a chance with him? If we can’t hit our primary, in-state targets, why do we think we have much of a chance with him? Odds are higher we miss on both, IMO.

Visited twice in a 3 week span on his own dime and will take an OV in the fall.  I'd say we have a real good chance if we push.