Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m all for it. 

LSU weekend it is, then. Someone needs to plan. Some young dipshits with more time. We can make it a party. 

The race should start at the LBJ Fountain and finish at Dedman, while the LCL concert is taking place. 

1 minute ago, Burntcowboy said:

Hold on

EAlwgG_WsAE6n6e?format=png&name=900x900

This is what Kurelic actually said:

Early this morning I posted on the Front Row message board that I had flipped my Crystal Ball pick for Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic running back Bijan Robinson from Ohio State to “foggy.” I didn’t give many details, just that I had been told by a source I trust that Robinson was no longer going to Ohio State. There were two reasons I did not give many details. One of the reasons was that at that point I did not have many details, and the other reason I will get to at the end of this article.

But the main thing early this morning was that I felt very confident in my source and wanted to get the most important bit of information out there - that Robinson had decided not to go to Ohio State.

This was very unexpected. The Crystal Ball was 100% Ohio State until I made my flip to foggy. Ohio State did not expect this development. It really seemed to come out of nowhere.

So, why the change of thinking for Robinson? I don’t have a definite answer on that yet, but I can give you some things I have been told. First, Robinson feels his heart and faith are leading him elsewhere. Also, I have been told for a long time that Robinson has family that is interested in seeing him stay closer to home.

And that leads to the next question. So where is Robinson now headed? Today Steve Wiltfong flipped his Crystal Ball pick from Ohio State to Texas. Texas insider Mike Roach flipped his pick from Ohio State to “foggy.” What I am told is that Robinson is not headed to Arizona. A good source I have in Arizona told me that Robinson is going to USC. A long time ago this source indicated Robinson loves Los Angeles and wants to be out there. I do not know for sure where Robinson is going, but I expect it to be either USC or Texas. When I feel more confident in one of the two I will switch from “foggy” to that school.

This does not have anything to do with Kendall Milton. I don’t expect Milton to be a Buckeye. Could this help with Jaylan Knighton? Perhaps. He is more important now to the Buckeyes than ever. Could Robinson change his mind back to Ohio State? I never like to say never in recruiting, but I don’t expect Robinson to change his mind back. I look for him to end up at either USC or Texas.

So what do the Buckeyes do now? For one they certainly want Knighton. Can he be an every down back? He absolutely sees himself that way. But as I wrote a few days ago, if he goes to the Florida State Saturday Night Live it will get very interesting. And Knighton did go to that. But either way he is a guy the Buckeyes want. And whether they get him or not, they are going to pursue other backs. E.J. Smith and Michael Drennen are on the board. And I expect others to surface too. The staff will aggressively pursue all their options including the possibility of flipping someone. The staff will sign at least one running back and they continue to want two.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s Texas. I’ll keep saying it. Some have known for a few days. The Ohio State guys don’t know a fucking thing at this point. 

In fairness, their mod pretty much said that. It’s their fans taking things out of context. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Just now, Chili dog said:

Fong is usually money, but USC has always made me uneasy. LA being like a second home. Reggie Bush being his hero. I’ve always thought the USC option flew under the radar. CTJ’s confidence comforts me a little, though. 

If BOTH CTJ and Fong are wrong then no one knows a damn thing and recruiting is for people who hate happiness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Fong is usually money, but USC has always made me uneasy. LA being like a second home. Reggie Bush being his hero. I’ve always thought the USC option flew under the radar. CTJ’s confidence comforts me a little, though. 

If they had even a bit of stability and coaching competence, this whole thing would have been wrapped up long ago and he'd have been happily committed to LA's second-best institution of higher learning.

But they don't, and his family seems smart and has their shit together, so here we are.

46 minutes ago, Froghorn717 said:

I’ve got a long stretch of parking lot you can use. I’m sure the other tailgates won’t mind. 

I've got a SUV with a spare tire mounted on the back and I'll spring for the Life is Good cover. 

• Like 6

Just now, texifornia said:

If they had even a bit of stability and coaching competence, this whole thing would have been wrapped up long ago and he'd have been happily committed to LA's second-best institution of higher learning.

But they don't, and his family seems smart and has their shit together, so here we are.

Seems like I have heard this before.  Can’t peg where. 

• Like 3

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Left town Friday afternoon for the mountains and just returned to only see one commit from way back on Friday night after the camp. 

Soooooo to where should I dial the panic up?

Hahaha oh brother, this is not a panic situation. More of a mildly premature raucous celebration.

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Let’s be clear, if this guy were to wind up committing to Arizona, the level of unhinged I think we could accomplish would reach new territory. I’m talking, there’s-a-killer-in-a-clownsuit-on-this-yacht -level of panic and shrieking. I’ll be riding shotgun on the hysteria. If this guy isn’t going to Ohio State, we have got to get him on board. 

Invoking the specter of a deranged clown run amok is a new, but welcome , wrinkle.

• Like 1