Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

The thing that makes Demond stand out, aside from his leaping ability and hands, is that laser timed 4.43. If he does that in 4 years at the combine weighing 200+ with the production we’re expecting, he’s a first round NFL pick. 

QJ looks plenty fast on tape, but no real time to show. And no winning fastest man races at elite camps. That’s the biggest difference I see. Super pumped to have QJ obviously. 

2 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Good lord I want this young man in Burnt Orange. He's an out-of-this world prospect, a 5-star talent. Some guys you just watch warming up and and know they're special and he is one of them. 

His build and the way he moves in those videos reminds me a little of AJ Green.  

• Like 3

Roach just posted an update: 

I was driving home from work today when apparently I took a wrong turn and ended up in Temple. While I was asking for directions at the gas station, the clerk said “Sir, this is a high school and you are parked on the football field.” Turns out QJ was practicing at this gas station, so I took out my phone and filmed him until the police came. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The thing that makes Demond stand out, aside from his leaping ability and hands, is that laser timed 4.43. If he does that in 4 years at the combine weighing 200+ with the production we’re expecting, he’s a first round NFL pick. 

QJ looks plenty fast on tape, but no real time to show. And no winning fastest man races at elite camps. That’s the biggest difference I see. Super pumped to have QJ obviously. 

Yea the raw athleticism is what sets Demas in a tier of his own. But, QJ is still elite in that respect and has all the other tools as him

7 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

See my post yeaterday about this exact topic. They’ve had every class of ours since 2013 below the composite, but the majority of years had aggy’s classes well above the composite, so it seems to be more of a UT-specific thing, which would make sense with Farrel being their main ratings guy and them now having an SEC a homer as their Texas regional guy. 

He was on Terry Price’s shoulders.

Wait. So Wells actually told it as if he believes it’s a true story? lulz.

spacer.png

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I hope this gives Gary Patterson the sad. 

Pretty sure Herman being at UT in general has given Patterson a sad. Herman’s kept a lot of talented players from TCU the past few years, and he’s going to be beating that pregnant-bellied sweatstain’s ass for years to come. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I hope everyone realizes that QJ bursting on the scene combined with Demas being ruled ineligible is potentially setting us up for an all-time aggy ranking meltdown.

If QJ had gone to any camps this summer, or even if he goes to one of the all star games at the end of the year, there’s a very good chance he ends up a 5 star. There’s just not many athletes like him in the nation. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I hope everyone realizes that QJ bursting on the scene combined with Demas being ruled ineligible is potentially setting us up for an all-time aggy ranking meltdown.

I don’t think Demas’ stock is going to drop much if at all. Everyone knows he’s freaky 

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Pretty sure Herman being at UT in general has given Patterson a sad. Herman’s kept a lot of talented players from TCU the past few years, and he’s going to be beating that pregnant-bellied sweatstain’s ass for years to come. 

He's a sweaty, negative recruiting cockroach.  Scurry on fat fuck.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Princely told Buckley today that he still plans on OVing to OU and A&M in addition to Texas.

Princely was kind of a luxury take if you assume Collins is onboard. If our class is full and someone like Ringo wants in, Princely could put himself in an unfortunate position. Anyway, Giles is on the case so no worries.

28 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If QJ had gone to any camps this summer, or even if he goes to one of the all star games at the end of the year, there’s a very good chance he ends up a 5 star. There’s just not many athletes like him in the nation. 

I’m not sure I would go that far, but a high four star absolutely. Enough to make aggy cry BOMC even though Herman’s evals have been on point.