Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Just now, Goodman said:

He's that dumb and immature? How many kids does he have already? Does he buy weed by the brick? Is he almost 6'5 now?

He’s a big explosive athlete just like Randy Moss and with his wing span/ jumping ability he might as well be 6’5. And chill out on the “dumb” remark.

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

So will he have to sit this year, or will they let him off the hook?

He will sit out or go to some private school if he wants to play. With the report of IMG having tutors doing kids school work and taking SAT/ACT's it'll at least get him ready for Texas Agriculture & Mechanical since he will not have to attend a single class in person to gain his degree.

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

He will sit out or go to some private school if he wants to play. With the report of IMG having tutors doing kids school work and taking SAT/ACT's it'll at least get him ready for Texas Agriculture & Mechanical since he will not have to attend a single class in person to gain his degree.

I think you missed the reference. 

5 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Lazy take. 

Maybe you have some stellar test scores I’m not privy to? Is it lazy of me not to dig up his SAT scores or his IQ? Is it not fair to observe a pattern of self-destructive behavior and think the mother fucker was stupid for actively taking measures to potentially ruin his life? 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

In my experience, Jesuit schools stop taking transfers after Soph year. Exceptions would probably be made if transferring from another Jesuit school

I guarantee that there are plenty of self-important private schools in the San Antonio area who would gladly enroll him an hour before their first game.  

37 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Maybe you have some stellar test scores I’m not privy to? Is it lazy of me not to dig up his SAT scores or his IQ? Is it not fair to observe a pattern of self-destructive behavior and think the mother fucker was stupid for actively taking measures to potentially ruin his life? 

his Wonderlic was a 12. the average janitor scores a 14. dude was very lucky to be athletic.

Edited by po elvis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

Princely was kind of a luxury take if you assume Collins is onboard. If our class is full and someone like Ringo wants in, Princely could put himself in an unfortunate position. Anyway, Giles is on the case so no worries.

Herman isn't going to process Princely to make room for Ringo or anyone else. The 25 and 85-man limits aren't an issue this year anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chili dog said:

If you fuck up free rides at both Notre Dame and Florida State because you can’t follow rules and get your shit together, you’re a fucking idiot. 

1.  First thing he did was beat the shit out of a racist who was messing with his friend.  Second was weed, not necessarily things that make you dumb at 18.

2.  Maybe he was playing 4d chess because either of those colleges had shitty QBs at the time while Marshall had Chad Pennington

• Like 4

8 hours ago, randygilman said:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8974b798ea64f5d366d34 

The end of lazy recruiting and evaluation by Texas is the end of TCU and Baylor. Especially Baylor where their entire existence recently was based solely on our inability to identify players properly in state. 

Jalen Reagor should have lived in an orange house. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 1

The end of lazy recruiting and evaluation by Texas is the end of TCU and Baylor. Especially Baylor where their entire existence recently was based solely on our inability to identify players properly in state. 
Jalen Reagor should have lived in an orange house. 

They tried and failed to get Reagor, for whatever reason, but ya your point still stands.

If you besmirch the great Randy Moss, you're probably a miserable loser who sucks at parties

Demas is great, and is probably the best prospect in the state. Too bad for him he's going to Jimbo's offense that sucks at highlighting talented receivers. Unless he ends up at IMG with a conveyer belt of bags from Georgia, Bama, and the Florida schools arriving to his dorm. 

8 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

I’ve been complaining about those first two paragraphs for a while. Glad to see some one else feels the same way.

I think you $9.95ers should get together and craft a recruiting handbook. You could then take it and present it to Tom Herman and crew and really teach them something about how it all should be done. I think they’d really appreciate seeing the end result after some real pros get their mitts on the process. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think you $9.95ers should get together and craft a recruiting handbook. You could then take it and present it to Tom Herman and crew and really teach them something about how it all should be done. I think they’d really appreciate seeing the end result after some real pros get their mitts on the process. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Although Johnston showed up to practice decked out in all burnt orange and singing "The Eyes of Texas", I'm not quite ready to put in a crystal ball pick for Texas.

...but what shirt was he wearing to college day at school?

(ducks)