Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

That DE with dual-sport dreams from Arizona, Jason Harris, whom A&M is pinning their hopes and dreams on, dropped out of the 250.

I think you have Harris's that play defensive end mixed up. Aggy is banking on the former Miami commit that reclassified.

https://247sports.com/Player/Donell-Harris-46048344/

18 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I think you have Harris's that play defensive end mixed up. Aggy is banking on the former Miami commit that reclassified.

Oooh, challenging the boy. Bold move. 

Still love this guy as a 6’4 200 lb defensive end, but prince dorbah is a tweener as a LB for us. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
Damn you, Macklin

35 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

I don't think Rivals really knows Texas high school football very well. All Texas high school players seem to be pretty undervalued by them.

See my post yeaterday about this exact topic. They’ve had every class of ours since 2013 below the composite, but the majority of years had aggy’s classes well above the composite, so it seems to be more of a UT-specific thing, which would make sense with Farrel being their main ratings guy and them now having an SEC a homer as their Texas regional guy. 

39 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

How could Jimbo get spiked in the face with a volleyball if the pool was 5’ deep?

He was on Terry Price’s shoulders.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The best part was Wells told the story, and followed it up with “and that’s the kind of aggression you’re looking for in football players”.

Wait. So Wells actually told it as if he believes it’s a true story? lulz.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

So, Collins, Garth, Crawford and Pouncey don’t even make the top 250, and Majors is a better prospect than JQJ.

Ok.

Give us ~25 players a year who are as good as JQJ and we will win shit every year, regardless of rankings.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oooh, challenging the boy. Bold move. 

Still love this guy as a 6’4 200 lb defensive end, but prince dorbah is a tweeter as a LB for us. 

Disagree. Dorbah is not nearly active enough on Twitter to be this class’s primary tweeter at LB. we really need a Tunmise-type talent for that role.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

That DE with dual-sport dreams from Arizona, Jason Harris, whom A&M is pinning their hopes and dreams on, dropped out of the 250.

11 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Well that’s just great. Katfid’s posting history is infecting our bot’s AI.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Disagree. Dorbah is not nearly active enough on Twitter to be this class’s primary tweeter at LB. we really need a Tunmise-type talent for that role.

Well that’s just great. Katfid’s posting history is infecting our bot’s AI.

We just landed 4i Princely. Our twitter activity should increase. Tunmjse is off twitter for the season so I think his status will really drop anyways. 

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The best part was Wells told the story, and followed it up with “and that’s the kind of aggression you’re looking for in football players”.

Wait a minute ... Wells told the story as if it is true i.e. as if he believes it?

I want to see some reporter ask Jimbo about it.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

See my post yeaterday about this exact topic. They’ve had every class of ours since 2013 below the composite, but the majority of years had aggy’s classes well above the composite, so it seems to be more of a UT-specific thing, which would make sense with Farrel being their main ratings guy and them now having an SEC a homer as their Texas regional guy. 

He was on Terry Price’s shoulders.

Wait. So Wells actually told it as if he believes it’s a true story? lulz.

27 minutes ago, ioueleventybilliondollars said:

Did he report this completely true insider story as a true story on radio or did treat like a rumor?

about like redfive said.  admitted it was unconfirmed but treated it as a  little insider tidbit. 

Nobody has proven that it did not happen. In fact, aggy has not even denied the story. Certainly they would have denied it by now if it weren't true. Given the lack of denial, and the lack of any counter evidence showing otherwise, it's obviously factual - the volleyball was indeed spiked off of Ritz Bits' face. The little cracker did indeed have a troubling temper tantrum afterward.  This was all detailed in reports on The Horn radio and reported on 247. Deal with it. 

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Y’all know that if we ever play ATM while Princely is on the team, this story is going to surface. I pray it happens. 

oh and college game day can be there, since it will be the first time in howevermanyyears, and we can have all of the college game day signs with Princely's face pasted on top of Slider from Top Gun in the volleyball scene. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Nobody has proven that it did not happen. In fact, aggy has not even denied the story. Certainly they would have denied it by now if it weren't true. Given the lack of denial, and the lack of any counter evidence showing otherwise, it's obviously factual - the volleyball was indeed spiked off of Ritz Bits' face. The little cracker did indeed have a troubling temper tantrum afterward.  This was all detailed in reports on The Horn radio and reported on 247. Deal with it. 

Animated GIF