Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

Holy shit. Rivals sucks ass. First time I’ve looked at their rankings all year. Not sure what they’re basing the ratings off of, but they fucking suck at their jobs. 

They base it on their AA game camps, Adidas friends & family and which coaching staff is friendly. They're trash.

Edited by Goodman

7 hours ago, Fud said:

I've always thought that Rivals earlier rankings were terrible, and they wouldn't get much better until the final rankings after the all American practices. At least 247 will drop one of the "early on the scene" overrated kids as soon as they show signs of being overrated, and their drops can be brutally far

Seems right. They favor kids with Adidas trainers/7v7 and that play in their AA game. After all AA games they then rank closer to their peers. 

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If he commits to Texas, Eaton may see a lot of special teams time to see what he's really made of...

Herman likes his starters on special teams.     He wants his best 11 for every play, and tells his team that if they want to start they had better be on special teams. 

Perroni...into...my...veins

Almost everybody has backed off Eaton to an extent. He wasn't even sure to have a spot at Texas. Him not having a spot was why he was likely to be an Aggie and then things changed.

If A&M does a 180 on him, they could get their foot back in there for sure. But the Aggies decided they liked their two CBs plus the potential of Dontae Manning. And they really, really liked both safeties in Alford and Johnson. At the moment, they couldn't justtify taking six DBs.

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah, aggy is so great at s and cb that they couldn’t possibly take 3 at each position 

They have recruited the hell out of the safety position. Williams, Richardson, Young, and Jones. Of course, they think Young and Jones are CBs.

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Not really amped about Eaton and Alford but at least the aggy tears will be delicious 

There won't be near the amount of tears that you think there will be. Lucci and perroni have already gotten them brainwashed that Jimbo has others higher in the board 

2 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

There won't be near the amount of tears that you think there will be. Lucci and perroni have already gotten them brainwashed that Jimbo has others higher in the board 

Nah. Liucci is kind of melting right now per Frenzy's twitter page. Saying they need to win the Princely and Alford type battles. 

EB5JPd1X4AEbAMR?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, utfan87 said:

Obviously they don't understand that having a class almost completely comprised of OOS prospects is harder to keep together, especially should they go 7-5.

15 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I really have no opinion on these two other than I need my fix on Aggy tears.

This.

I am very meh on the idea of taking these 2 guys. However, it is so amazing to see them melting down at the thought of losing Alford, that I cannot help but be encouraged. It almost makes me forget that we whiffed on Washington, Ransom, Rogers, or Thompson.