Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Via TFloss:

Inside Texas had a random post hinting at WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

Very talented prospect out of Rockwall who committed to Ohio State early, so nobody has ever talked about him much.

He does not have an offer from UT currently, at least publicly.

https://247sports.com/player/jaxon-s...igba-46047353/

• Like 3

Gems from Panic Page 398:

Hornius Emeritus

*Yawn* 

Wake me up in February after Texas has a great season and Herman has the #4 ranked recruiting class in the country .....

Machinator (more of a lulz @ Perroni)

Alright, Perroni put in his CB for Broughton to A&M. Commence meltdown for real.

Burt Macklin has some knowledge:

Don’t get me wrong, if we miss on all of Robinson, Broughton, Washington, and Ransom I’ll be happy to contribute to this shitfest, but why are we acting like a Suchomel update and a Perroni CB have any meaning whatsoever?  

Hank Scorpio - oops...

Also everyone needs to calm the fuck down. We came in second for Broughton, Bijan, and Ransom. Those are three of the best players in the country. And we almost got them. That's huge. Before Herman we weren't even making the top 3 for most elite prospects, and now we're consistently coming in #2 for the top talent in the country. That's what I call progress. 

Uncle Buc - oops #2

Herman calls Giles: "Osco, you hearing this Broughton/Aggy momentum going?"

Giles: *chewing noises

Herman: "GILES!? Where TF are you?"

Giles: "Buffalo"

Herman: "NY?"

Giles: "WW" *dial tone

Preach it @USMCHorn

I refuse to meltdown in fucking June. Give me a fucking break guys.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We’re experiencing two different realities if you think Auburn gives one fat rat’s ass about optics. They’ve made no qualms about buying players and defending it publicly. They’ve graduated players that couldn’t read. They’ve let donors pursue the hiring of the next head coach while the current head coach is fully employed, on multiple occasions. They’ve been sanctioned by the NCAA damned near as many times as any other school in history. All of this shit is documented and can be googled. There is a fuckton of ignorance about histories and behaviors with programs on the recruiting board, and it’s bizarre. 

Kind of like a parking ticket, huh?

OB quotes from Princely

Spoiler

It was an unexpectedly exciting Monday for Texas Longhorn fans, with defensive end Princely Umanmielen announcing on Twitter that he has given Texas a verbal commitment.

The pledge from Umanmielen continues an amazing recruiting run for the Longhorns that has seen Texas pick up commitment after commitment over the last six weeks. Umanmielen gives Texas 15 commitments overall, with 10 of those coming in the months of June, July and the early part of August.

In landing Umanmielen, Texas wins what was a hotly-contested recruiting battle over Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Early in the process, it was the Longhorns who were creating the most buzz. Texas A&M surged into the lead earlier this spring, only to have the three-team race even out this summer and then see the Longhorns surge towards the finish line. Umanmielen said he made the decision to commit to Texas on Sunday and made the call to the UT coaches on Monday.

“Texas always been a school since they offered, I’ve been there so many times. I’ve kind of always felt I was meant to go there,” Umanmielen said. “I’ll go to A&M and I’ll love the defense, love the players. But when I’m there, it doesn’t feel like that’s where I’m supposed to be. Coach (Oscar) Giles and I have a great relationship. And I talked to Peter (Mpagi), and he told me if do everything well and be perfect, I can have all-American stats at Texas and first-round draft pick stats.”

Umanmielen said Texas really began to solidify its standing as the top school in his mind a few weeks ago. It wasn’t necessarily anything Texas A&M did wrong, he said. It was more the level of comfort he felt at Texas.

“Everything was good at A&M. I guess Texas was just the school that was in my heart,” Umanmielen said.

The 6-4, 234-pound Umanmielen, out of Manor, broke the news to the UT staff on Monday afternoon, causing a wave of celebrations in the Texas football offices.

“I had FaceTimed coach (Tom) Herman. Coach Herman was just pumped up. They didn’t know it was coming,” Umanmielen said. “He was happy, he was yelling, but then he got quiet because they were having position meetings.

“It started hitting me probably just a few weeks ago in my head. I was going through it. I was really considering A&M because I love their defense, have a good relationship with the players. I liked Texas and A&M m evenly, but would rather go to a place where I feel at home. I feel more at home at Texas.”

A four-star prospect, Umanmielen becomes the Longhorns’ third defensive line commitment, joining Vernon Broughton and Van Fillinger. He’s Texas’ second commitment of the week, joining Lufkin safety Jerrin Thompson.

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

OB quotes from Princely

Hide contents

It was an unexpectedly exciting Monday for Texas Longhorn fans, with defensive end Princely Umanmielen announcing on Twitter that he has given Texas a verbal commitment.

The pledge from Umanmielen continues an amazing recruiting run for the Longhorns that has seen Texas pick up commitment after commitment over the last six weeks. Umanmielen gives Texas 15 commitments overall, with 10 of those coming in the months of June, July and the early part of August.

In landing Umanmielen, Texas wins what was a hotly-contested recruiting battle over Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Early in the process, it was the Longhorns who were creating the most buzz. Texas A&M surged into the lead earlier this spring, only to have the three-team race even out this summer and then see the Longhorns surge towards the finish line. Umanmielen said he made the decision to commit to Texas on Sunday and made the call to the UT coaches on Monday.

“Texas always been a school since they offered, I’ve been there so many times. I’ve kind of always felt I was meant to go there,” Umanmielen said. “I’ll go to A&M and I’ll love the defense, love the players. But when I’m there, it doesn’t feel like that’s where I’m supposed to be. Coach (Oscar) Giles and I have a great relationship. And I talked to Peter (Mpagi), and he told me if do everything well and be perfect, I can have all-American stats at Texas and first-round draft pick stats.”

Umanmielen said Texas really began to solidify its standing as the top school in his mind a few weeks ago. It wasn’t necessarily anything Texas A&M did wrong, he said. It was more the level of comfort he felt at Texas.

“Everything was good at A&M. I guess Texas was just the school that was in my heart,” Umanmielen said.

The 6-4, 234-pound Umanmielen, out of Manor, broke the news to the UT staff on Monday afternoon, causing a wave of celebrations in the Texas football offices.

“I had FaceTimed coach (Tom) Herman. Coach Herman was just pumped up. They didn’t know it was coming,” Umanmielen said. “He was happy, he was yelling, but then he got quiet because they were having position meetings.

“It started hitting me probably just a few weeks ago in my head. I was going through it. I was really considering A&M because I love their defense, have a good relationship with the players. I liked Texas and A&M m evenly, but would rather go to a place where I feel at home. I feel more at home at Texas.”

A four-star prospect, Umanmielen becomes the Longhorns’ third defensive line commitment, joining Vernon Broughton and Van Fillinger. He’s Texas’ second commitment of the week, joining Lufkin safety Jerrin Thompson.

That’s gold.  Princely just gave aggy the it’s not you, it’s me break up line.  Lol!

• Like 3

I can't wait to see the spin cock smoker Billy Liucci puts out there after losing out on Princely who they thought would commit to the aggy over OU as their chief competitor for his commitment. Eaton seems primed to commit to Texas in the near future and the aggy thought they had him in the bag too. I recall Billy Liucci talking about how Herman couldn't reel in top instate talent and had to go out of state for commitments, what a fucking joke and a fraud that clown is.

• Like 8