Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

6 minutes ago, derp said:

Johnston's clearly an athletic freak. Roy Williams is perhaps too bold a comparison. Roy high jumped 6'10" in high school, had a 40" vertical, and also ran a 10.3 100m. Roy was also about 20 lbs heavier. So he's like Roy Williams, but not as big, fast, strong, or able to jump as high.

Roy Williams is the comparison I've heard from guys that know better than anyone and have been around since back then.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

All of the above. If there is one thing that stands out about Roy Williams, it is what an incredibly hard worker he was. Never just coasted on talent. 

Actually, I’ve gotta disagree with you here Horpio Scank.

I heard that while Roy sometimes didn’t work very hard, QJ works just as hard, so he’s like Roy except that he doesn’t work quite as hard.

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I rmr that TCU team looked so much faster than us. And then Boyd tweeted something about transferring at halftime

Post traumatic suck disorder just kicked in again.  The worst part of that whole fiasco was it looked like Texas quit after five minutes in.  It was hot as hell, sat in the upper deck exposed to that 11am kickoff sun, and left at halftime thoroughly disgusted. 

6 minutes ago, pch said:

Post traumatic suck disorder just kicked in again.  The worst part of that whole fiasco was it looked like Texas quit after five minutes in.  It was hot as hell, sat in the upper deck exposed to that 11am kickoff sun, and left at halftime thoroughly disgusted. 

Sat down at the regular sports bar with my buddies right at kickoff. Left after the first quarter, without ever getting a chance to order anything. Drove to the movies and watched two of them before heading home to wife and kids. Ended up being a decent time. I remember thinking that day how numb I'd become to losing. Fuck Chuckles and his terrible fucking coaching.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Fillinger vs. Noah Sewell (and ya know a bunch of other players on either side) tonight at 7pm Mountain Time - it'll be televised on whatever the Stadium Network is

@Longhornfrenzy, I know you'll watch any Texas-related football

Yeah. I have the stadium channel on Roku. 

I will watch for sure

• Like 1

True story. Many years ago, an aggy in the state legislature was upset that we had The in front of our name and A&M didn't so he proposed to change their name to The Texas A&M University. That became a huge joke and Baylor never wanting to miss an opportunity to mess with aggy decide that they were going to change their name as well. But instead of becoming The Baylor University, they were going to change their name to Thee Baylor University. Aggys were pissed. It was great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pch said:

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Sat down at the regular sports bar with my buddies right at kickoff. Left after the first quarter, without ever getting a chance to order anything. Drove to the movies and watched two of them before heading home to wife and kids. Ended up being a decent time. I remember thinking that day how numb I'd become to losing. Fuck Chuckles and his terrible fucking coaching.

interesting-historical-events-jonestown.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s dumb as fuck when Ohio State people do this. You look twice as stupid trying to emulate those gutter farmers 

My father was a late 40s early 50s Silver Spur and absolutely said THE University of Texas his whole life. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Fillinger vs. Noah Sewell (and ya know a bunch of other players on either side) tonight at 7pm Mountain Time - it'll be televised on whatever the Stadium Network is

@Longhornfrenzy, I know you'll watch any Texas-related football

Pluto TV App (free) has Stadium Channel... found it on Roku

(Sewell is not playing.... foot in a boot)

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Pluto TV App (free) has Stadium Channel... found it on Roku

(Sewell is not playing.... foot in a boot)

Also Roku Channel App has Stadium Network.

"In addition to the game airing nationally LIVE on Stadium’s over-the-air channels, the games will also be available via WatchStadium.com/Live, The Roku Channel, Sling TV and Samsung TV Plus." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article:  "Multi-Platform Sports Network Stadium To Televise 22 High School Football Games In 2019" 

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/multi-platform-sports-network-stadium-to-televise-22-high-school-football-games-in-2019/

Includes the schedule of HS games on Stadium Network

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2