Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So just to reset the day:

alford is scheduled to announce at noon central. 

Johnston is not scheduled to announce, but @closetojumping said yesterday that it would be today. 

Is this all correct?  Normally I’d think they would want their own day, but QJ doesn’t seem like he cares. 

Yep. Of course, recruiting is fluid and such. It's not like QJ has been consistent about anything other than being disinterested in recruiting and being mysterious. But yeah, that's the thinking.

1 hour ago, Stampeder said:

Appreciate the reset.  What's the consensus on the timing of Eaton's announcement? 

Next week. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We need an update and where this Gif is showing up on Twitter, and more responses from the aTm sites. @texifornia needs to cut off his motherfucking truffle hunting expedition or whatever the fuck he's doing this morning and start being a team player, the dark piss having motherfucker. 

I'm on the subway. The babka place is closed until September and they didn't put it on their website, the bastards.

giphy.gif

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Thanks for the intel. However, I’d appreciate these updates more if you stuck with the preferred $9.95 writing style of utilizing “I’ve been told” repeatedly and crafting rather incoherent run on sentences. 

I've been told by those closest to the situation that this one will be down to the wire.  I'm extremely optimistic for reasons I can't reveal now, but everything is subject to change, which is why I'm also skeptical.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I'm not sure he knows where he will commit. I've heard there is a chance he could make the decision as he is walking to the podium. Needless to say, the situation is fluid. Stay tuned.

50 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I've been told by those closest to the situation that this one will be down to the wire.  I'm extremely optimistic for reasons I can't reveal now, but everything is subject to change, which is why I'm also skeptical.

Both of you amateurs forgot to tell us who has the momentum.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

As you can tell from the late decision announcement, this one isn't close to over. While he made a soft commitment to our friends on I-35, it is pretty clear that he is going to take his visits and my sources say an OV to Aggieland is in the works. As it should be obvious by now, Jimbo is a relentless recruiter and I expect this one to swing back and forth over the season. If I have learned anything, it is to never count Jimbo out. That being said, after reviewing his game tape, he is going to fall just out of the Luicci 44. 

It’s Jimbo and Co. otherwise, flawless. 

5 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

As you can tell from the late decision announcement, this one isn't close to over. While he made a soft commitment to our friends on I-35, it is pretty clear that he is going to take his visits and my sources say an OV to Aggieland is in the works. As it should be obvious by now, Jimbo is a relentless recruiter and I expect this one to swing back and forth over the season. If I have learned anything, it is to never count Jimbo out. That being said, after reviewing his game tape, he is going to fall just out of the Luicci 44. 

Jimbomentum?

• Like 2