Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-How-Texas-Longhorns-commits-fared-over-the-weekend-on-the-high-school-gridiron-136623136/

How Texas commits fared this weekend

By  CLINT BUCKLEY       2 hours ago

• Bijan Robinson, RB, Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic — Robinson became the state of Arizona’s all-time leading rusher by running nine times for 133 yards and four touchdowns in Salpointe’s 58-13 over Tucson Sahuaro. Salpointe hosts Casa Grande (Ariz.) on Friday.
  • Hudson Card, QB, Lake Travis — Card completed 8 of 8 passes for 164 yards and two touchdowns in Lake Travis’ 59-7 rout of Kyle Lehman. Lake Travis plays host to rival Austin Westlake on Friday night.
  • Ja'Quinden Jackson, ATH, Duncanville — In Duncanville’s impressive 61-0 shutout of Dallas Skyline, Jackson was 9 of 12 passing for 170 yards and five touchdowns, and ran three times for 26 yards. Duncanville hosts Richardson Lake Highlands on Friday.
  • Quentin Johnston, WR, Temple — In Temple’s 66-34 rivalry game win over Belton, Johnston caught two passes for 87 yards and a touchdown. Temple entertains Killeen on Friday.
  • Vernon Broughton, DT, Cypress Ridge — Cy Ridge was off last week, and resumes its season Friday vs. Cypress Creek.
  • Prince Dorbah, OLB, Highland Park — Highland Park was off last week, and continues its season Friday at home against Mansfield Legacy.
  • Xavion Alford, S, Alvin Shadow Creek — Shadow Creek remained unbeaten with a 34-0 shutout of Texas City. There were no individual stats available for Alford. Shadow Creek plays at Galveston Ball on Friday night.
  • Jake Majors, C, Prosper — Prosper was off last week, and is back in action Friday night at Dallas Jesuit.
  • Troy Omeire, WR, Fort Bend Austin — Omeire caught 11 passes for 114 yards and a touchdown in Austin’s 48-7 loss to Fort Bend Ridge Point. Austin meets Fort Bend Travis on Friday night.
  • Jerrin Thompson, S, Lufkin — Lufkin picked up a 24-18 win over Mangolia. There were no defensive stats available for Thompson. Lufkin plays host to College Station this Friday night.
  • Princely Umanmielen, DE, Manor — Manor was off last week, and returns to action Thursday night at Leander Rouse.
  • Logan Parr, OG, San Antonio O’Connor — O’Connor was off last week, and is back in action Friday night at San Antonio Brandeis.
  • Joshua Eaton, CB, Aldine MacArthur — MacArthur scored a 32-29 win over Aldine Eisenhower. There were no defensive stats recorded for Eaton. MacArthur plays at Aldine on Friday.
  • Van Fillinger, DE, Draper (Utah) Corner Canyon — Fillinger finished with five tackles (one for loss) in Corner Canyon’s 48-7 win over Saratoga Springs (Utah) Westlake. Corner Canyon plays host to Lehi (Utah) Skyridge on Thursday night.
  • Ty Jordan, RB, West Mesquite — West Mesquite was off last week, and is back in action Friday night at John Tyler.
  • Andrej Karic, OT, Southlake Carroll — Carroll picked up a crucial 46-34 district win over Denton Guyer. There were no individual stats available for Karic, but Carroll racked up 504 total yards of offense. Carroll plays host to Trophy Club Byron Nelson on Friday night.
  • Jaden Hullaby, ATH, Mansfield Timberview — Timberview was off last week, and returns to the field Thursday at home against Dallas Samuell.

NOTE: Jaylen Garth, and Ethan Pouncey are both injured and out for the season.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hard to say. We know he’s injured, and we know he’s out for the season, so we can assume that he’s out for the season because he’s injured, unless it’s for another reason. But he’s definitely out for the season and injured. 

I noticed that Jaylen Garth is out for the season as well. Were they injured together? Is it something to be worried about? I know one guy mentioned ebola but that is more of a sickness than an injury. I guess if you are bleeding out though, it is easy to lose an ear or a penis or something.

28 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I noticed that Jaylen Garth is out for the season as well. Were they injured together? Is it something to be worried about? I know one guy mentioned ebola but that is more of a sickness than an injury. I guess if you are bleeding out though, it is easy to lose an ear or a penis or something.

These guys need to learn the difference between hurt and injured. 

I mean, yeah, maybe you're bleeding uncontrollably from your eyes, ears, and anus. But you can still run cant you???

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rivals article about Texas and Louisiana recruits potentially becoming 4*'s.  Crawford and Karic on the list.  BOMC.

https://n.rivals.com/news/who-s-closing-in-on-a-fourth-star-in-texas-and-louisiana-

Composite has Crawford as #180 overall, #11 CB and #27 in Texas

247 has him at #172 overall

Rivals has him listed as an athlete, the #20 overall athlete and #50 in Texas.

man, he is going to get a really nice bump if Rivals classify him as a CB and actually grade him in line with everyone else, and based on how they talked about him sounds like they may reclass him?

Spoiler

We were all aware of the speed that Crawford brought the table, especially as he transitions into a full-time role in the secondary, but the biggest question mark was his ability to cover. Crawford sees much more action at cornerback than he does in the backfield for John Tyler nowadays, and the added focus on coverage showed in a big way against powerhouse Longview earlier this season.

Crawford is fast and sticks with receivers downfield. He’s a lockdown cover corner in man-to-man coverage and has fantastic instincts to break on passes in the air and jump routes. Of course, he still needs to polish up certain aspects of his game, but early on as a full-time cornerback, Crawford has the right makeup of speed, athleticism and ball skills that should allow him to carve out a big role at Texas.

36 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

aggy is gonna come unglued when pouncey and Garth get their BOMC ratings bumps. 

Jesus, man. Are you still drunk from last night? Wrong CB and OL. Garth and Pouncey are Both 4 stars and are out for the year, so they’re likely not getting bumps. Crawford and Karic are the ones that will get bumped. 

• Like 1

Wells on Dixon

When two of the top teams in the state meet up, you should expect some fireworks. When both teams combine for at least seven D1 prospects, that's even better.

No. 2 Carthage knocked off No. 1 Pleasant Grove, 35-14 on this night. It was 14-all entering the final stanza, but the Bulldogs pulled away late, mostly because PG couldn't get Carthage off the field. The Hawks ran out of gas and the 2nd ranked team in 4A proved triumphant.

There were a dozen colleges on hand (A&M, Texas Tech, La Tech, SMU), and Arkansas HC Chad Morris flew in the Hog-Copter.

I caught up with a handful of UT offers and targets for some thoughts on the night, the season, and their recruiting.

Carthage three-star athlete Kelvontay Dixon put in work. The 6-foot, 180-pound athlete played running back, slot, and outside receiver. He was used on jet sweeps, curl routes, and when he went vertical on 3rd down late in the first half, his touchdown grab with under a minute remaining gave the Bulldogs life and tied the game at 7-all going into halftime.

"The most physical team was going to win tonight and that was us," said the elated Dixon. "We went with the quick passing game and jet sweeps to neutralize their strengths (defensive line). And it worked. That big play before halftime changed the game. It gave us momentum going into the half."

Dixon, in front of Morris and Arkansas RB coach Jeff Traylor, is currently a Razorbacks pledge, but he's keeping his options open.

"I want to make sure I make the right decision so I'm weighing everything out," Dixon said. "I might visit Arkansas in a few weeks (vs Auburn). I might see Texas again. I love watching my brother (UT tailback Keaontay Ingram) play."

Right now, I'd call his pledge to Arkansas soft as Charmin. I also will reiterate that I believe Dixon ends up in UT's Class of 2020. Stay tuned here, y'all.

Edited by Machinator

12 hours ago, Richter said:

Thanks.  Is the injury the reason he’s out for the season or is he out due to some other cause?

I remember seeing Pouncey get hurt on kick coverage vs WV...looked like a shoulder or collar bone?  He was walking fine and favoring his arm

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Jesus, man. Are you still drunk from last night? Wrong CB and OL. Garth and Pouncey are Both 4 stars and are out for the year, so they’re likely not getting bumps. Crawford and Karic are the ones that will get bumped. 

i wasnt saying shit about Karic and Crawford. i was saying aggy would flip if 2 kids who were injured all year got BOMC bumps. 

fuck off

14 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hard to say. We know he’s injured, and we know he’s out for the season, so we can assume that he’s out for the season because he’s injured, unless it’s for another reason. But he’s definitely out for the season and injured. 

Where do I send my $9.95?

15 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Pay this man dammit 

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Sorry it's not recruiting related, but I'm somehow out of the loop on DC-G. Is he injured? Just not very good? Malcontent? His high school film was damn good, I remember everyone at the time thinking we got ourselves a real steal.

Fat and Lazy. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Sorry it's not recruiting related, but I'm somehow out of the loop on DC-G. Is he injured? Just not very good? Malcontent? His high school film was damn good, I remember everyone at the time thinking we got ourselves a real steal.

out for the year - he has spinal stenosis, will be re-evaluated in Jan 2020

wrong dude, that was DGF, not D-CG (or is he just D-C now?)

Edited by NoName

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

He was diagnosed with spinal stenosis. He is sitting the year out to see if there’s improvement in his condition. 

Just now, NoName said:

out for the year - he has spinal stenosis, will be re-evaluated in Jan 2020

Dyslexics identified.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NoName said:

hot damn, i didn't realize anyone actually cared about Christmas in October 2019

is he listed on Joe Cook's participation report like 5 posts up? (image host is blocked at work)

Walmart does. 

Christmas trees everywhere already. 

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gabe Brooks gave the Arkansas 247 board the "heads up" that we're pushing for Kelvontay Dixon. The flip can't be too far away, now.

He is about the same size as his brother. I think Keaontay Ingram was listed as 6'1" 190lb in high school and 6'0" 205lb now. Kelvontay is listed as 6'0" 180lb. It looks like Kelvontay may be a little faster. I didn't see either play in high school. How do they compare? Obviously its difficult because they play different positions, but Ingram was much higher rated, fiw.