Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

I lived in Mountain View, CA after college. My rent was $1000 in like 1999 for a 1BR 770sq ft apt. I remember my brother telling me what he was paying in Manhattan for the same sized place. I was shocked at how much it was. I called the other day to see how much that one bedroom rents for now - $2700. I don't know how many new grads you can fit into 770 sq. ft. but it better be a lot.

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Not to interrupt but I noticed this LB from IMG (Ole Miss commit) was showing a UT offer.  Is this new?  Real?  He's a take on name alone for me.

https://247sports.com/player/jaqwondis-burns-46078938/ 

I posted the offer earlier today but it got lost in the pizza talk.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Not to interrupt but I noticed this LB from IMG (Ole Miss commit) was showing a UT offer.  Is this new?  Real?  He's a take on name alone for me.

https://247sports.com/player/jaqwondis-burns-46078938/ 

And according to Wells, Orlando saw him on Friday in Florida. I combed the IMG prospects for 2020 and it doesn't appear that he was there for anyone else. At least not anyone with an offer yet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bevo said:

I lived in Mountain View, CA after college. My rent was $1000 in like 1999 for a 1BR 770sq ft apt. I remember my brother telling me what he was paying in Manhattan for the same sized place. I was shocked at how much it was. I called the other day to see how much that one bedroom rents for now - $2700. I don't know how many new grads you can fit into 770 sq. ft. but it better be a lot.

In 94ish, I visited friends from UT that had moved to Manhattan, 77th and 1st upper east side. Incidentally, across the street was a bar aptly named the Cowboy Bar, good times.  Anyway, the two chicks each had their own room and my buddy had the hall office nook (no door) and standup box for a closet, box spring and mattress no frame.  One full bath and a 1/2 bath for the 3 of them.  He had a deal at $750/mo, they paid $1,200 ea. $3,150 per mo.  for 1,000 sq ft.

17 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

In 94ish, I visited friends from UT that had moved to Manhattan, 77th and 1st upper east side. Incidentally, across the street was a bar aptly named the Cowboy Bar, good times.  Anyway, the two chicks each had their own room and my buddy had the hall office nook (no door) and standup box for a closet, box spring and mattress no frame.  One full bath and a 1/2 bath for the 3 of them.  He had a deal at $750/mo, they paid $1,200 ea. $3,150 per mo.  for 1,000 sq ft.

giphy.gif

"Come and knock on my door"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bevo said:

Don’t even talk to me about apartment cost after college until you split a 700 square ft efficiency for $5600 a month when you were 22. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I know most of us want JQJ to play QB but imagine a starting LB unit of Jaqwondis, Ja'Quinden, and Ja'Tavion

Where's Ja-Quell-an??

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 5

Interesting: Andrew Ellis (tOSU guy) just put in a CB for Ryan Watts to tOSU. Would imagine that has something to do with how hard OU is pushing for Eaton. Looks like Watts decommitted from OU tonight too.

Edited by Dummy