Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

22 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Interesting: Andrew Ellis (tOSU guy) just put in a CB for Ryan Watts to tOSU. Would imagine that has something to do with how hard OU is pushing for Eaton. Looks like Watts decommitted from OU tonight too.

21 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Watts just de-committed

Good on both sides; talented corner winds up out of conference and Eaton gets snacked up.  I respect CTJ and others on here, but I just don't see it with Eaton.  Tight hips, doesn't change directions well, doesn't like contact, a bit stiff.  He's a wr masquerading as a corner, and if it comes to him being a wideout, I'll take a Marcus Washington or JSN. 

Someone said he's a more athletic Chris Brown.  He's never been that nor will he ever - Brown has been a hitter and tough SOB since Elsik - you either like contact or don't. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

Good on both sides; talented corner winds up out of conference and Eaton gets snacked up.  I respect CTJ and others on here, but I just don't see it with Eaton.  Tight hips, doesn't change directions well, doesn't like contact, a bit stiff.  He's a wr masquerading as a corner, and if it comes to him being a wideout, I'll take a Marcus Washington or JSN. 

Someone said he's a more athletic Chris Brown.  He's never been that nor will he ever - Brown has been a hitter and tough SOB since Elsik - you either like contact or don't. 

So Eaton's CBs don't got you lit? User name doesn't check out.

3 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

I appreciate the respect, but I’m not in love with Eaton. He’s fine as one of the last guys in the class, but I’m not counting on him for much. 

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I appreciate the respect, but I’m not in love with Eaton. He’s fine as one of the last guys in the class, but I’m not counting on him for much. 

Alford seems all in and mutually exclusive from Eaton, which satisfies my need for him.  From your earlier Eaton posts, why do you think Herman and Washington care about this one enough to send coaches to his game on an off week?  What are they seeing that we're not? 

Edited by CB'sGotMeLit

9 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Had no idea we had such a large Dos Rios contingent. I think I paid $600 or so in 2008. Less than 5 mins to Dirty Martin's, Torchy's, and the Zeta house. Life was good. 

Same for me. Even got some knocked off when the idiot tow truck druver towed my stickered car.

9 hours ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

There's your problem

Edited by Post Oak
Fuckin autocorrect

Super K on LB recruiting. The Josh White stuff sounds more like wishcasting but it's worth watching

Texas is still in the market for linebackers in this 2020 class. A couple of noteworthy things happened yesterday on the linebacker front.

***First, Texas offered 2020 Ole Miss linebacker commit, Jaqwondis Burns (IMG Academy).

Despite playing at IMG and being committed to Ole Miss, Burns is originally from Texas so I imagine this is going to be one to watch.

I’ll see what I can find out here and when we can expect a visit.

***On the Josh White front, I’ve mentioned for a while that Texas has continued their pursuit in hopes of flipping him from LSU. He was one of the players Herman went to see during the bye week.

This isn’t necessarily anything definitive but certainly worth noting, yesterday, LSU offered in-state linebacker and Sooners commit, Edgerrin Cooper.

I spoke with a source on the OU side about it and was told that they believe this may be a sign that LSU is feeling less confident about holding on to Josh White.

When the Sooners began pursuing Cooper, it didn’t seem like an LSU offer was in the cards for him. So, my read would be similar to that of the Sooners. With White, LSU has two inside linebackers committed in the class which we believe is what they are looking for.

LSU isn’t going to offer an in-state player (Cooper is from Louisiana) if you aren’t prepared to take his commitment. So, again, whether it’s White or Sampah (their other ILB commit), it does seem LSU is concerned about losing someone.

I do expect White to make it to Texas for an official visit at some point but he’s been pretty quiet since his LSU commitment, playing things close to the chest.

• Like 1

One thing to keep in mind on LSU is that their recruiting process is to push recruits hard to commit early. As a result, many recruits commit there to hold their spot while they wait to see how other programs perform during the year. White may be waiting to see how the season plays out for Texas. With that said, LSU does a very good job of getting guys to stick once committed, so who knows whether they will be successful flipping him.

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

One thing to keep in mind on LSU is that their recruiting process is to push recruits hard to commit early. As a result, many recruits commit there to hold their spot while they wait to see how other programs perform during the year. White may be waiting to see how the season plays out for Texas. With that said, LSU does a very good job of getting guys to stick once committed, so who knows whether they will be successful flipping him.

$9.95 venmoed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Super K on LB recruiting. The Josh White stuff sounds more like wishcasting but it's worth watching

Hide contents

Texas is still in the market for linebackers in this 2020 class. A couple of noteworthy things happened yesterday on the linebacker front.

***First, Texas offered 2020 Ole Miss linebacker commit, Jaqwondis Burns (IMG Academy).

Despite playing at IMG and being committed to Ole Miss, Burns is originally from Texas so I imagine this is going to be one to watch.

I’ll see what I can find out here and when we can expect a visit.

***On the Josh White front, I’ve mentioned for a while that Texas has continued their pursuit in hopes of flipping him from LSU. He was one of the players Herman went to see during the bye week.

This isn’t necessarily anything definitive but certainly worth noting, yesterday, LSU offered in-state linebacker and Sooners commit, Edgerrin Cooper.

I spoke with a source on the OU side about it and was told that they believe this may be a sign that LSU is feeling less confident about holding on to Josh White.

When the Sooners began pursuing Cooper, it didn’t seem like an LSU offer was in the cards for him. So, my read would be similar to that of the Sooners. With White, LSU has two inside linebackers committed in the class which we believe is what they are looking for.

LSU isn’t going to offer an in-state player (Cooper is from Louisiana) if you aren’t prepared to take his commitment. So, again, whether it’s White or Sampah (their other ILB commit), it does seem LSU is concerned about losing someone.

I do expect White to make it to Texas for an official visit at some point but he’s been pretty quiet since his LSU commitment, playing things close to the chest.

Flipping White and domino-ing a recruit from OU to LSU would be pretty sweet.

Also, Coventry Place resident here circa 1991-ish. Also lived in the Gazebo directly across the alley behind Ken's and Dos Rios (and Coventry too, for that matter). The smell of Ken's donuts was borderline erotic for the first month I lived there. After that (and numerous late night baked feeding frenzies), the smell made me nauseous. 

52 minutes ago, hobbs said:

Um, negative.  Just think it's a cool first name and, if he's worth a shit (is he?), it'd be cool to hear Herman talk about a guy named Bear in a presser.

1. Would it change your opinion if you knew his given name is Keithian?

2. Is it cool to hear Kirk Herbstreit get betting advice from a guy he calls Bear?

TOP DEFINITION
A czech, russian and slavic variation of the Greek name Andrew, meaning "warrior". Other variations are Andrei, Andrey, Andrzej, Andre, and Andres.

This person is the most amazing kisser! Very high appeal and very romantic. He has a GREAT personality & an INCREDIBLE sense of humor! Loves to joke & is usually the life of the party. He is not a fighter, but will kick your ass good if it comes down to it. Someone you should hold on to!
I love Andrej!
by Kaytee_Stylz February 02, 2010

52 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I still feel like I’m living in some fantasy land because we are getting to redshirt our talented OL recruits from 2019. Having depth on the lines again feels so foreign to me. 

You dont like to dreaded feeling each year having only 6 scholarship lineman each season with occasional walkon taking reps during the ousux game?

• Like 1