Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Aggy outrage to follow tomorrow.......

I hope we made our payment in time. Wouldn't want rankings to go the wrong way.

Nah let’s save all the bumps for January. More impactful to jump 100-500 all at once than 30-50 several times throughout. 

5 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Flowe, Smalls and Ringo I believe want to take some officials but from what I read all intend to try to enroll early. How sweet would it be to get those guys in for the LSU game and when our defense beast on the SEC they all choose Texas. Then pull Evans and Wilson and Darnell Washington on offense!! One can dream right.

i would have to think we're gonna position the lsu game just like we did the usc game last year.  if we show similar results on the field, well, yeah...

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

that's advertising, but yeah.

metamucil.  it helps you go to the toilet.  if you don't use it, you'll get cancer and die.

jt walsh was brilliant.  great fucking movie.

Agreed on JT.

"I want to know how the fuck the word "fuck" got into the New York fucking Times"

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

On the other hand, how tough is it to ride a scooter?

Mpagi is too tall to safely ride one of those scooters. His center of gravity is so high that if the front wheel hits a seam in the asphalt/concrete wrong, he would go flying over the handle bar at over 15 mph. 

20 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Hopefully Herman bans the entire team from riding them.

I could see this being a policy soon, at least for scholarship players and walk-ons who would like to actually see the field.

I found them extremely convenient and easy on the wallet, but even at 5'9" and sober, I felt like I was pushing my luck each time I was riding one.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:25 PM, Burt Macklin said:

Reading that we’re fighting Washington, USC, and UCLA for 5 star Johnny Wilson is fucking hilarious compared to the schools we’d be fighting for a similar player in the southeast, or even in Texas. We need to continue to get a foothold out west because it’s the much, much easier direction to go for OOS talent.

It is now that U$C is a dumpster fire and Chip Kelly isn't trying.

3 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Is it common for a player to attend McCombs during their playing time on Campus?

I taught a major class at McCombs for several years.  The only athlete I ever had in a class was Kalen Thornton.  It cracked me up to see Mo Bamba saying he picked Texas because of McCombs. 

29 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I taught a major class at McCombs for several years.  The only athlete I ever had in a class was Kalen Thornton.  It cracked me up to see Mo Bamba saying he picked Texas because of McCombs. 

My completely unsolicited counterargument is that the strength of McCombs signals the success/reach of UT alumni. For athletes making a 40+ year life decision, knowing that you will have wealthy benefactors looking out for you can be a powerful draw to a school, even if you yourself are not in McCombs. A recruit wants to know that the university is positioning them for success in life after football. I hope that we continue to highlight that aspect of UT. If a player like Bru originally decided to play for the dumpster fire that is USC primarily because of their alumni network in California, you have to imagine a substantial number of Texas recruits committed to UT based in part on their attraction to the McCombs brand/reputation, especially when compared to degree mills like OU and A&M.

Edited by QuakerHorns
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, QuakerHorns said:

My completely unsolicited counterargument is that the strength of McCombs signals the success/reach of UT alumni. For athletes making a 40+ year life decision, knowing that you will have wealthy benefactors looking out for you can be a powerful draw to a school, even if you yourself are not in McCombs. A recruit wants to know that the university is positioning them for success in life after football. I hope that we continue to highlight that aspect of UT. If a player like Bru originally decided to play for the dumpster fire that is USC primarily because of their alumni network in California, you have to imagine a substantial number of Texas recruits committed to UT based in part on their attraction to the McCombs brand/reputation, especially when compared to degree mills like OU and A&M.

Plus Mo was always a one and done. He can come back and do his business degree later.