Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If we're not, then I don't know what the fuck we've been doing here as a message board for the last 3-4 years. 

Slow play. He's been pushing for an offer for years. He's got great intangibles. Whatever he lacks in coherent thought and writing skills, he makes up for in grittiness and late night posting activities. Got to keep those types warm in case the cdt23's and echeese's of the world decide to ply their skills elsewhere.

Mookie Cooper can fuck off. He's not going to be a part of this class. Good luck not playing school at Ohio State, dumbass.

So it sounds like IT believes that LVBS is the priority and Dixon is the back up. Could be. It will be interesting to watch. My understanding is that the interest in KDixon is real, and there's an incredibly high shot of flipping him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's because they want to drop Demas some and Evans a lot and have figured that that is going to cause more than enough emails and bullshit they need to wade through from aTm lunatic fans for one recruiting cycle. 

31 minutes ago, Viper said:

I mean I know this is a joke, but, knowing aggy, is it really?

It’s not really a joke. aggy lost their mind and hounded 247 at the end of last year’s rating cycle. I think they lost quite a few subs from gigem 247 in the aftermath, so there might actually be some hesitation from 247 national guys on something like this.

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I mean which degenerate Surly poster on here hasn’t done something similar?

Though I guess releasing a video of banging South Austin’s mom is really just a drop in the ocean at this point. 

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s not really a joke. aggy lost their mind and hounded 247 at the end of last year’s rating cycle. I think they lost quite a few subs from gigem 247 in the aftermath, so there might actually be some hesitation from 247 national guys on something like this.

I mean which degenerate Surly poster on here hasn’t done something similar?

Though I guess releasing a video of banging South Austin’s mom is really just a drop in the ocean at this point. 

Gotta think bigger

58 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Maybe he can be mentored by Case McCoy, he's probably got some time on his hands and knows his way around a camera.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mookie Cooper can fuck off. He's not going to be a part of this class. Good luck not playing school at Ohio State, dumbass.

So it sounds like IT believes that LVBS is the priority and Dixon is the back up. Could be. It will be interesting to watch. My understanding is that the interest in KDixon is real, and there's an incredibly high shot of flipping him.

He’s committed to Arkansas. Jerry Jones probably wishes he could flip right about now. 

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Your track record has proven to be better than the 9.95ers so I will assume you are correct. It seems like Dixon is a no brainer - relative of a current starter, in state, no red flags that we are aware of, legitimately talented prospect with a good positional projection. 

LVBS is a cali kid with some academic red flags who might be swayed at the last minute when USC breaks the bank for their next head coach. I know which one I would take. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

LVBS is officially visiting Nebraska this weekend (don't remember if this was previously posted).

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/LV-Bunkley-Shelton-sets-visits-with-Nebraska-Texas-and-USC--136067165/

"LV Bunkley-Shelton locks in first three official visits". 

On the recruiting front, Bunkley-Shelton has narrowed his list of schools down to a workable five or six and will take his first official visit to Nebraska this weekend.  

Bunkley-Shelton also locked in visits with Texas and USC.  “I’m going to Texas October 19 for the Kansas game and USC will be November 24, after the season,” Bunkley-Shelton said. “I wanted to visit Texas for the Oklahoma game but it's a neutral site game and you're not allowed to take official visits. You can go to the game as a guest but can't take a visit. I loved my unofficial visit there over the summer so I'm excited to get back. 

44 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

From the Twittersphere, Texas pick for Collins:  

Texas 🔮 pick for Alfred Collins

2020 SDE / 6-5 / 275

🏫 Cedar Creek, Bastrop, TX

✍️ By Nick Harris (Baylor Insider)

#cloUT2020 #HookEm 🤘🐂

I assume this is a shot in the dark/educated guess vs Harris actually knowing anything?