Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

34 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

We know you've got them admissions/advising sources for the One Who Got Away, but your group chat sources are not well established.

Oh absolutely, you won't have to come back to neg me, you can just do it now, it was a troll for the loll. But if my shit sticks like a $9.95er be sure to POS rep after. 

Come January silent-and-last-second-commit-season it's my time to shine though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yesh said:

But seriously though, JQJ is running it by the staff before he tells some kid he can't be part of the class, right?  Right??

Yes, but remember Coach Herman will not cut any player that comes out to play for him, Jackson respects his policy, but sometimes you got to cut a man loose.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Sterns needs 4 years of college development to be ready for the NFL. He could leave next year, but he's not getting drafted before the 4th round.

Sterns' issue at draft time is going to be speed, which isn't really going to change whether he leaves after next year or further down the road. No way he's a five-year player, so you play him this year if he can play. 

Edited by Redmen62
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Redmen62 said:

Sterns' issue at draft time is going to be speed, which isn't really going to change whether he leaves after next year or further down the road. No way he's a five-year player, so you play him this year if he can play. 

The LJ conundrum...not gonna improve significantly in speed so why come back for another year of great play only to still have questions about speed impacting draft position 

4 hours ago, Redmen62 said:

Speed isn't the only issue with Sterns. Watch the film. When he went out, there was not a drop-off in play. Now, maybe he has had lingering issues, but when people start wondering if something is wrong with a guy because of his play that isn't a good look. I'm not being a hater, but I get tired of fans worried about guys leaving early who clearly have no business leaving early.

Your conclusion is correct, though. Herman will play his best players. If Sterns is ready to go, they aren't going to sit him so he can have an extra year of eligibility. That isn't how we operate.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

My guess is it's overreaction to JQJ slamming somebody hard on DMs behind the scenes. Probably Demas or some such. We may never known. We should almost definitely never really care.

we are 36,000 posts in on football recruiting. we are literally the only people who actually may care even a little.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Siap... I might have missed this

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/LV-Bunkley-Shelton-sets-visits-with-Nebraska-Texas-and-USC--136067165/

"LV Bunkley-Shelton locks in first three official visits". 

On the recruiting front, Bunkley-Shelton has narrowed his list of schools down to a workable five or six and will take his first official visit to Nebraska this weekend.  

Bunkley-Shelton also locked in visits with Texas and USC.  “I’m going to Texas October 19 for the Kansas game and USC will be November 24, after the season,” Bunkley-Shelton said. “I wanted to visit Texas for the Oklahoma game but it's a neutral site game and you're not allowed to take official visits. You can go to the game as a guest but can't take a visit. I loved my unofficial visit there over the summer so I'm excited to get back. 

"USC has stepped up their recruitment of me and I have a good relationship with them right now. They like me as an athlete and feel I can play on both sides of the ball. I've liked USC for awhile now and have been going to their camps for years so my comfort level with the school itself has always been very strong. Washington and Arizona State are still on my list as well. I haven't set up a visit date with either yet but I'm talking with them and have high interest in both."

Bunkley-Shelton's plan is to make his commitment at the All-American Bowl January 4th. 

12 hours ago, Goodman said:

@OnAComputer You continue to impress me, great move having Darius on the podcast. Darius is tremendous and he obviously has a great eye for the game, his comments ring very true. I thought it was some of your best work, Hook'em!

Darius sock confirmed.

giphy.gif

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 1

I am encouraged by the receiving clips in that video. Ty-Coreous is going to be an awesome APB/slot. How the fuck is he a 3 star? I get it for our other 3 stars, Hullaby (good H-back prospect but not amazing at anything in particular), Fillinger (plays in Utah, good not great tape and measurements), and Karic (war crimes), but the only knock on Jordan is his size, which doesn't matter for the position he is going to play. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I am encouraged by the receiving clips in that video. Ty-Coreous is going to be an awesome APB/slot. How the fuck is he a 3 star? I get it for our other 3 stars, Hullaby (good H-back prospect but not amazing at anything in particular), Fillinger (plays in Utah, good not great tape and measurements), and Karic (war crimes), but the only knock on Jordan is his size, which doesn't matter for the position he is going to play. 

I was encouraged by the West Side Story advertising in that video. Ty-Coreous is going to be an awesome Shark. How the fuck is he a 3 star? I get it for our other 3 stars, Hullaby (good dancer, but not amazing at snapping his fingers or doing the hair flick), Fillinger (comes out of a theater program that doesn't allow kissing on stage) and Karic (war crimes), but the only knock on Jordan is his lack of a leather jacket, which doesn't matter since it's too hot here to wear one anyway.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
  • Like 3

Just now, texifornia said:

Also I hope we pull a Gary Johnson

For a second, I thought you were going to suggest we all go have 14 kids to try and throw numbers at the LB problem.

Shouldn't some of CTJ's progeny be of football age by now? We know they'll have the speed necessary for the position.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

IT hinted there was an extenuating circumstance behind his rating. No fucking clue what it could be (except war crimes), there haven't been academics rumors.

Wasn't that Roach? I don't think IT has inside info on where commits are going to be ranked 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

IT hinted there was an extenuating circumstance behind his rating. No fucking clue what it could be (except war crimes), there haven't been academics rumors.

It's because they want to drop Demas some and Evans a lot and have figured that that is going to cause more than enough emails and bullshit they need to wade through from aTm lunatic fans for one recruiting cycle. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's because they want to drop Demas some and Evans a lot and have figured that that is going to cause more than enough emails and bullshit they need to wade through from aTm lunatic fans for one recruiting cycle. 

I mean I know this is a joke, but, knowing aggy, is it really?

13 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

For a second, I thought you were going to suggest we all go have 14 kids to try and throw numbers at the LB problem.

Shouldn't some of CTJ's progeny be of football age by now? We know they'll have the speed necessary for the position.

No, we just need to wait till Britt Hager has sons that get to be college age.

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I wonder if the staff is keeping on eye on Tray Bishop

https://247sports.com/Player/Tray-Bishop-85334/junior-college-239534/

His only reported offer is TCU and he's struggling with some legal stuff, but boy would I enjoy watching a 6'3/210 ILB with a 4.4 40 and a 4.2 shuttle

Nah, a former top 100 prospect with great measurables playing out of position at QB? That's not a guy Patterson turns into a heat seeking missile playing a hybrid LB/S. Pass. 

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I wonder if the staff is keeping on eye on Tray Bishop

https://247sports.com/Player/Tray-Bishop-85334/junior-college-239534/

His only reported offer is TCU and he's struggling with some legal stuff, but boy would I enjoy watching a 6'3/210 ILB with a 4.4 40 and a 4.2 shuttle

Filmed a sextape without asking the girl. Pretty sketchy, but not career-ending.

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/football/report-georgia-defensive-back-tray-bishop-arrested-on-eavesdropping-surveillance/article_1b84e59a-6077-11e8-9043-ab9461d5e779.html

Edited by texifornia

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Sounds like a big time culture fit at TCU.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

TFB has a Mookie Cooper update behind the paywall, and a tweet saying he’s noticed what’s duvernay has don’t this year so far. 

Wonder if that's who JQJ was shaming on twitter, if that's what he was doing. 

Agree with other posters, Mookie Cooper can fuck off. I guess you don't turn down talent like him typically, but doesn't seem like a culture fit, and hopefully we're about to lock up JoJo Earle anyway. Whittington can just as easily play in the slot as Jake Smith moving forward if we want to go that way. 

• Like 1