Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

11 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

I always enjoy watching Bowie lose. 

Hudson Card is so fuckin' smooth. He looks really advanced for a HS senior. And they seem to be running a really similar offense as us. 

Bowie is the biggest waste of athletic talent in the city for all sports. 

23 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

I always enjoy watching Bowie lose. 

Hudson Card is so fuckin' smooth. He looks really advanced for a HS senior. And they seem to be running a really similar offense as us. 

Their OC was a QC coach here. It's the same offense. Some LT fans apparently prefer the old offense, fwiw. 

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, Chad Morris looks like he will be available soon.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if Morris gets canned, I would be strongly in favor of Herman hiring him as an offensive coach/offensive analyst.

I seem to remember some rumblings during Herman's UH days that they didn't care for each other, though, so maybe that would be a no-go.

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if Morris gets canned, I would be strongly in favor of Herman hiring him as an offensive coach/offensive analyst.

I seem to remember some rumblings during Herman's UH days that they didn't care for each other, though, so maybe that would be a no-go.

I heard Morris hates Herman from his SMU days. Don't think Herman has much of an opinion about him, either way. 

32 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, Chad Morris looks like he will be available soon.

if fired before Jan 2023, he is owed 70% of his remaining salary & compensation, like $9m

Bielema is paid $320k/month until the end of 2020

Ark has money but paying those two guys 500k a month + the new coach's buyout/salary is a bit much there...

https://footballscoop.com/news/chad-morris-contract-buyout-situation-arkansas/

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

if fired before Jan 2023, he is owed 70% of his remaining salary & compensation, like $9m

Ark has money but paying those two guys 500k a month + the new coach's buyout/salary is a bit much there...

SEC schools are irrational, impatient, and have a fuck ton of money. Some coaches will get fired that will surprise fans who thought the buyout made that a non-starter. 

Anyway, here are where some of the SEC teams rate on the coacheshotseat.com, with their buyouts if fired after this season listed (I'm using the numbers after the drop after certain dates, like South Carolina going from $22mm to 18.75 if fired after Jan 1)

1) Tennessee- $9.12mm

3) South Carolina- $18.75mm

4) Arkansas- $9.8 I think, but I've seen various numbers in that range, give or take $2mm

17) Vanderbilt- buyout number not available 

27) Ole Miss- $6.5mm

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

3 well known pig families can afford that without a blink, I imagine there are plenty more that are not known. I just don't think he is in any danger right now, Jerry will protect him for at least a few more years. Now if they win 1-3 games this year, Jerry will not have a choice after the '20 season and he'll likely foot the bill. 

21 minutes ago, Fud said:

I heard Morris hates Herman from his SMU days. Don't think Herman has much of an opinion about him, either way. 

It stems from a comment Herman made during an interview while at UH.  Here's the excerpt:

We understand the price of a championship. That price is the same for Alabama as it is for Ohio State and UH. In order to pay that price, you've got to be willing to invest. There's a price for nine-win seasons and prices for eight-, seven-, six-win seasons. Those prices are a lot easier to pay.

And if you're satisfied with going 7-5 and going to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl, then great. Then you're in the wrong program and we'll find a place for you to go. I hear there's a private school up in Dallas that's really looking to try to get to seven wins. We can certainly find you a home.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

It stems from a comment Herman made during an interview while at UH.  Here's the excerpt:

We understand the price of a championship. That price is the same for Alabama as it is for Ohio State and UH. In order to pay that price, you've got to be willing to invest. There's a price for nine-win seasons and prices for eight-, seven-, six-win seasons. Those prices are a lot easier to pay.

And if you're satisfied with going 7-5 and going to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl, then great. Then you're in the wrong program and we'll find a place for you to go. I hear there's a private school up in Dallas that's really looking to try to get to seven wins. We can certainly find you a home.

Damn that's good shit, though.

8 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

I hear there’s a public school in Arkansas that’s really trying to get to 4 wins. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Herman and Meekins will watch Omeire tonight, then Herman will join Jason Washington to watch Eaton play.

Herman, Drayton, Washington, etc. will see Ringo and Bijan tomorrow.

Not to get ahead of myself, but if we somehow get Ringo, I think it's worthy of a holiday. 

What do we name it?

Malikmas

Bijanukkah 

Ringo-?

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So, it sounds like they'd still take two more WRs out of the remaining three that they've been working on. Dixon brings the advantage of being a potential nickel or gadget back as well. Sounds like they want Fuonji to visit, they're working Dixon hard, and if nothing falls with both of them, that LVBS visit will happen. 

The desire to take four guys if they can get them is driven by new thoughts around attrition. It's reasonable to assume Moore ain't coming back and that someone like maybe a Woodard will want to transfer. 

They're at 21 + 2 WRs + Ringo + JUCO LB or White = 25 There's a decent shot that they could hit the max number, in my mind. Also decent shot of finishing at 23. 

While I recognize that multiple $9.95ers are stating that the Ringo hope is more fleeting than a fart in the wind, I continue to believe that Texas has more than a puncher's chance, for multiple reasons. Not the least of which is that there are major smoking embers inside the UGA camp being stoked by early rumors of an NCAA investigation. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Herman and Meekins will watch Omeire tonight, then Herman will join Jason Washington to watch Eaton play.

Herman, Drayton, Washington, etc. will see Ringo and Bijan tomorrow.

Ringo and Bijan are playing at the same time tomorrow night in different cities.  Herman might need a helicopter to get from Phoenix to Tucson to see both.  Hmmmm.....

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So, it sounds like they'd still take two more WRs out of the remaining three that they've been working on. Dixon brings the advantage of being a potential nickel or gadget back as well. Sounds like they want Fuonji to visit, they're working Dixon hard, and if nothing falls with both of them, that LVBS visit will happen. 

The desire to take four guys if they can get them is driven by new thoughts around attrition. It's reasonable to assume Moore ain't coming back and that someone like maybe a Woodard will want to transfer. 

They're at 21 + 2 WRs + Ringo + JUCO LB or White = 25 There's a decent shot that they could hit the max number, in my mind. Also decent shot of finishing at 23. 

While I recognize that multiple $9.95ers are stating that the Ringo hope is more fleeting than a fart in the wind, I continue to believe that Texas has more than a puncher's chance, for multiple reasons. Not the least of which is that there are major smoking embers inside the UGA camp being stoked by early rumors of an NCAA investigation. 

CalmSkeletalAsiantrumpetfish-size_restri

• Like 7
  • Haha 1