Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Everyone poo-pooing the double rods is full of shit. It's fucking unnecessary, dumb, and embarrassing that Hermanfuckface can't get out of his own way long enough to just let the day be about the class. They were talking about it this morning on XM84 without any hate - they were just saying it's goofy, and it is. 

Sure, it isn't a big deal. And TexPete comparing it to the horrible shit elsewhere as a way of equivocating this shit is fucking rich and silly. But why do it? Why is this the thing that people are talking about with Texas today? 

Tom Herman is an asshole and a dipshit. I hope he's actively being investigated because it's almost certain that he's doing something dumb enough to get his sorry ass fired for cause. 

Call me crazy, but I think there is a chance that your attitude towards Herman just MIGHT be affecting your ability to look at this situation objectively.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Call me crazy, but I think there is a chance that your attitude towards Herman just MIGHT be affecting your ability to look at this situation objectively.

Huh? I just think the guy is a dipshit who can’t get out of his own way. Do you have a fact-based, objective counter to that? Or is this one of those things where it just felt right to be smug condescending guy even if you didn’t really have a point?

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Huh? I just think the guy is a dipshit who can’t get out of his own way. Do you have a fact-based, objective counter to that? Or is this one of those things where it just felt right to be smug condescending guy even if you didn’t really have a point?

You have been a bit more tirade-y than usual, if that's possible.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is no defense for the consistently dip shittery we see from Herman from trying to fight the OSU sideline to head butting his players to now flipping off a live camera. In the absence of any kind of rational argument if favor of Herman’s constant fuck ups all one can do is resort to condescending remarks. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t think it is ever okay to be smug or condescending. We should all strive for constant kindness and starting each interaction with the notion that the other person has positive intent and something to teach us. 

arent you one of the more condescending people on this board? Granted, I like it.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

There is no defense for the consistently dip shittery we see from Herman from trying to fight the OSU sideline to head butting his players to now flipping off a live camera. In the absence of any kind of rational argument if favor of Herman’s constant fuck ups all one can do is resort to condescending remarks. 

The counterargument is that literally none of that matters if he wins next year. I sincerely struggle to see how anyone who isn't a geezer really cares about that surface-level stuff. He bought himself a bad year with an NY6 victory. Now he has to go win again.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 3

Just now, texifornia said:

The counterargument is that literally none of that matters if he wins next year. I sincerely struggle to see how anyone who isn't a geezer really cares about that surface-level stuff. He bought himself a bad year with an NY6 victory. Now he has to go win again.

First, no one here not even CTJ who hates Herman with the passion of a thousand suns has ever suggested this is material and will matter to keeping him more than wins. You and a few others have tried to project that view on me and that’s complete and total nonsense than no one has suggested. So try starting with understanding our point first. 

No fucking shit if Herman wins he is staying our head coach. No shit flipping the bird is not as bad as rape cover up or the Holocaust or whatever else people want to bring up.. But it’s still another data point in a long list that points to who he is and it’s annoying as fuck. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

First, no one here not even CTJ who hates Herman with the passion of a thousand suns has ever suggested this is material and will matter to keeping him more than wins. You and a few others have tried to project that view on me and that’s complete and total nonsense than no one has suggested. So try starting with understanding our point first. 

No fucking shit if Herman wins he is staying our head coach. No shit flipping the bird is not as bad as rape cover up or the Holocaust or whatever else people want to bring up.. But it’s still another data point in a long list that points to who he is and it’s annoying as fuck. 

I think people are struggling with why this clearly matters so much to you

Anyway, it's Bijanukkah. After a trying few weeks, this was a good day.

• Like 3

And now, collectively, we move on.

The LHN is a branding, marketing machine. It’s a sign of stupidity to have your coach on there acting like a sophomore in high school flipping off the camera. Ultimately it obviously does not matter but holy shit man what a terrible look. Especially from someone who people think is a raging asshole to begin with. 
.8bc0a82a0160298e7718a6e6761faf42.gif
  • Like 7

It cracks me up how some posters will be all "Who gives a shit? It doesn't matter." Are the same ones saying "Tom's an asshole and it's going to cost him his job." Even more lulz worthy are the people proclaiming this as a plus for Herman. 

This is just another data point that he's not mature nor experienced enough for this job. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The countercounterpoint is that you must know nothing about leadership, culture or brand if you think the repeated bullshit from the clown in the most visible role in our fucking university’s organization doesn’t matter.

The “how” matters, it always fucking matters. That’s true in every God damned organization on this fucking planet. “Only winning matters” is Switzer/Paterno/Briles/Casey Horny shit and being blasé about it is your own nonsense, and certainly not what the rest of the fan base should have to own.

It is bizarre watching your sunshine-pumping and defending of this fucking guy. You downplayed the coaching changes and futility of the season in regard to recruiting and that blew up like a shit grenade in your face and yet you trudge forward. It’s impressive in some sort of perverse manner. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The countercounterpoint is that you must know nothing about leadership, culture or brand if you think the repeated bullshit from the clown in the most visible role in our fucking university’s organization doesn’t matter.

The “how” matters, it always fucking matters. That’s true in every God damned organization on this fucking planet. “Only winning matters” is Switzer/Paterno/Briles/Casey Horny shit and being blasé about it is your own nonsense, and certainly not what the rest of the fan base should have to own.

It is bizarre watching your sunshine-pumping and defending of this fucking guy. You downplayed the coaching changes and futility of the season in regard to recruiting and that blew up like a shit grenade in your face and yet you trudge forward. It’s impressive in some sort of perverse manner. 

This is not remotely close to Switzer/Paterno/Briles/Casey Horny (him being employed here is the actual problem I have with Herman). I think this is stupid, but not in a way that matters at all compared to anything on the field. If anything I blame LHN.

And we dumped both our coordinators and a clutch of major assistants after a really disappointing season and still have a top 10 class. The only really irreplaceable guy we lost was QJ - the only teenager on earth who valued a relationship with Drew Mehringer. Yeah, I don't think this was the recruiting holocaust, you're right.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

So being co-cutting edge isn’t enough for you?

I can't believe you think we are on this level of (digital) marketing. Seriously, if you post anything we've put out today that is on this level I'll admit that I'm wrong.

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I can't believe you think we are on this level of (digital) marketing. Seriously, if you post anything we've put out today that is on this level I'll admit that I'm wrong.

Those OU videos are great, but you're missing the point. You never stop complaining about it even when we do cool stuff. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is not remotely close to Switzer/Paterno/Briles/Casey Horny (him being employed here is the actual problem I have with Herman). I think this is stupid, but not in a way that matters at all compared to anything on the field. If anything I blame LHN.

And we dumped both our coordinators and a clutch of major assistants after a really disappointing season and still have a top 10 class. The only really irreplaceable guy we lost was QJ - the only teenager on earth who valued a relationship with Drew Mehringer. Yeah, I don't think this was the recruiting holocaust, you're right.

There are no small corruptions. Every little thing that is done to trade style for substance causes decay. I’ve not compared double rods on tv to the great scandals of the past. I tied the Horny reference in to associate how all of this is on the same spectrum, from one-time silliness that helps nothing all the way over to full blown institutionalized rape enablement and pederasty. You say it doesn’t matter, and I say that add up every piece of shit thing this guy has done and it starts to become clear that there is no visible line and there are no boundaries. It doesn’t matter until it does. 

As to poo-pooing the loss of Fillinger, Pouncey, Eaton, Umanly and Jordan, it’s just pumper bullshit. We don’t know if those guys will be awesome or not. Not you or I. But fuck it all if we couldn’t have used them. Or whatever opportunity cost the program spent in getting them versus someone else in the first place. You are the most involved and voluminous poster on the recruiting board. Spinning that you don’t really give a shit about a fucking exodus of commits is disingenuous to your core. 

He did not follow through on his OV to Texas in December due to his state tournament. It has been reported he signed today and will announce at the UA game. If he did in fact sign today, he would not be allowed to take more OVs, effectively eliminating us as an option. He OVd to Oregon and Georgia.
He can sign with us and still take his OV to us. PJ Locke did it.

4 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:
3 hours ago, Ricky said:
He did not follow through on his OV to Texas in December due to his state tournament. It has been reported he signed today and will announce at the UA game. If he did in fact sign today, he would not be allowed to take more OVs, effectively eliminating us as an option. He OVd to Oregon and Georgia.

He can sign with us and still take his OV to us. PJ Locke did it.

If he signed, as he said he would, then takes his OV here, that would kind of defeat the idea that he is keeping it a surprise, now wouldn’t it?

Look, it’s been a tough few months with the decommits and the coaching uncertainty. But standing here on signing day 1, things aren’t bad. We have some really good players coming in, and a few really good ones still in play. I’m encouraged. Ash should be ok. Just need a good OC and 2020 should be decent.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are no small corruptions. Every little thing that is done to trade style for substance causes decay. I’ve not compared double rods on tv to the great scandals of the past. I tied the Horny reference in to associate how all of this is on the same spectrum, from one-time silliness that helps nothing all the way over to full blown institutionalized rape enablement and pederasty. You say it doesn’t matter, and I say that add up every piece of shit thing this guy has done and it starts to become clear that there is no visible line and there are no boundaries. It doesn’t matter until it does. 

As to poo-pooing the loss of Fillinger, Pouncey, Eaton, Umanly and Jordan, it’s just pumper bullshit. We don’t know if those guys will be awesome or not. Not you or I. But fuck it all if we couldn’t have used them. Or whatever opportunity cost the program spent in getting them versus someone else in the first place. You are the most involved and voluminous poster on the recruiting board. Spinning that you don’t really give a shit about a fucking exodus of commits is disingenuous to your core. 

You seem even more cantankerous than usual. May be time for a cocktail, joint, blowjob, long walk, soak in a hot tub or whatever it is that helps you properly decompress.