Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

38 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I do not follow your logic at all hear. It’s ok to be bothered by stupid behavior by your coach even though it’s not as bad a systematic rape cover up. Herman is a raging prick who just shit the bed on the field and is metaphorically giving us all the middle finger in his coaching search. 

This is just one more fucking data point for me. The guy is an arrogant asshole who cannot avoid fucking up a LHN segment. 

Herman managed to taint (not ruin) what is a great day for these families and recruits. These families should only be talking about how great it is to have signed with the University of Texas at Austin. Instead, they are probably being asked about the flipping off of cameras by the coach. They are all big boys and can handle it plus relatively it is no big deal. The thing is that if our coach just showed a tad bit of maturity these kids and families would not have to be answering that question today and could be completely focused on celebrating. I guess it is cool for some of you and you even like it. I think it is crass and unnecessary for the face of our program.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Herman looks to deliver a Top 10 class, #1 in conference while taking only 16 players (currently) and people in here talking about Herman giving the double birds.

go away gtfo GIF

He can be a good recruiter and a dumbass fart-sniffing pants-shitting dipshit at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, fellside said:

If we went 11-1 and Herman gave the double birds, no one here would care.  If we went 12-0 and Neal Brown said Herman was an asshole, no one would care.  If we won a Big 12 championship and Herman seemed awkward and weird in interviews, no one would give a shit.

You don't like him because he's losing.  And that's fine. That's how it's supposed to be. But you all sound like the Boston fucking media with all of these side stories about him, as if you have to justify your disdain.

If he sucks next year, he'll get fired.  If he doesn't, you'll stop giving a shit about his character.  The incessant hand wringing about his personality isn't going to improve your station in life until then.

You from the football board? Stick around for awhile, you'd like it here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SDG said:

Is there a presser today?  

3PM

Just now, MoJames said:

Don't forget Ringo...

Interesting, only 20 of the top 100 on 247 have yet to sign LOI.

He did not follow through on his OV to Texas in December due to his state tournament. It has been reported he signed today and will announce at the UA game. If he did in fact sign today, he would not be allowed to take more OVs, effectively eliminating us as an option. He OVd to Oregon and Georgia.

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

3PM

He did not follow through on his OV to Texas in December due to his state tournament. It has been reported he signed today and will announce at the UA game. If he did in fact sign today, he would not be allowed to take more OVs, effectively eliminating us as an option. He OVd to Oregon and Georgia.

Not that it really matters in regards to Ringo, but didn't PJ Locke take his official visit to UT after NSD?

3 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Not that it really matters in regards to Ringo, but didn't PJ Locke take his official visit to UT after NSD?

I don't know. The rule is: After a player signs their letter of intent to any given school, they are not allowed to take an official visit (on another program's dime) to any program they did not sign with.

So, if he signed with Texas today, he could OV here at any time. If he did not, he is not allowed to OV. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Kevontre Bradford is still there for the taking. If Ohio State wants him, so do I. Didn't someone mention that he was listening to the coaches now that they showed interest?

Yeah, sounds like he might be one of those recruitments that pretty much restarts after everyone's board resets today.

55 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I don't know. The rule is: After a player signs their letter of intent to any given school, they are not allowed to take an official visit (on another program's dime) to any program they did not sign with.

So, if he signed with Texas today, he could OV here at any time. If he did not, he is not allowed to OV. 

He can always enter the transfer portal

17 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Well, what better way to explain it than saying its what I saw OU fans doing.  Ha, it's a lie, but i can get behind this.  Fuck Ou.

He's told the story multiple times before. Just never included the double bird when telling it publicly.

https://www.si.com/college/texas/football/texas-football-tom-herman-talks-red-river-rivalry/

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

The LHN is a branding, marketing machine. It’s a sign of stupidity to have your coach on there acting like a sophomore in high school flipping off the camera. Ultimately it obviously does not matter but holy shit man what a terrible look. Especially from someone who people think is a raging asshole to begin with. 

I've already consulted my pastor to see where I go from here with this unbearable weight on my shoulders. Maybe you should too. 

• Like 2