Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

Mrs. CHIEF, CHIEF Jr., his gf, and I are sitting around the living room the other night bullshitting, and Mrs. CHIEF gives me the "you need to quit interrupting me, its rude" line. The only time I interrupt is to tell her to "please, get to the point." Which may be a time or two in an hour long socializing conversation . CHIEF Jr. proceeds to rattle off about a dozen, "MOM, let dad finish what he was saying, you're being rude!" in a little less than five minutes. After the last one, he turned and gave me a wink. I don't think I have been more satisfied in my life. It was like the end of round three in the sack, when we were newlyweds.
CHIEF

I’m quite sure she learned her lesson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

I’m quite sure she learned her lesson

One of the main reasons she has hardly ever made an appearance on this page, is she owns up to her shit. She actually apologized and said she never realized she was worse about it than I am.  She will even admit when I'm right, and she is wrong, a true unicorn.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

31 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

One of the main reasons she has hardly ever made an appearance on this page, is she owns up to her shit. She actually apologized and said she never realized she was worse about it than I am.  She will even admit when I'm right, and she is wrong, a true unicorn.

CHIEF

Get that shit right up on out of here, if you please...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Mrs. CHIEF, CHIEF Jr., his gf, and I are sitting around the living room the other night bullshitting, and Mrs. CHIEF gives me the "you need to quit interrupting me, its rude" line. The only time I interrupt is to tell her to "please, get to the point." Which may be a time or two in an hour long socializing conversation . CHIEF Jr. proceeds to rattle off about a dozen, "MOM, let dad finish what he was saying, you're being rude!" in a little less than five minutes. After the last one, he turned and gave me a wink. I don't think I have been more satisfied in my life. It was like the end of round three in the sack, when we were newlyweds.

CHIEF

My wife does this. Instead of saying "please, get to the point" try "short story long....". Your wife will appreciate it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Calm your titties just earned me a strange glance. My wife is a genuine hero whose daily routine deals with heinous shit that you and I cant imagine. (She was up at 2:30 this morning waiting on a dad flying in from out of state to pick up two toddlers that were kidnapped, to top off a day that started with an ER doc reporting vaginal lacerations on a little kid then went straight to a few hours in court testifying about a mom leaving her 2 year old at home alone while she turned tricks and bought drugs. The speaker of the house’s wife was ad litem on that one, she’s a good egg)

Still, this:

c8bd59c8f96b9dd2a9c7469309ccb3a7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Calm your titties just earned me a strange glance. My wife is a genuine hero whose daily routine deals with heinous shit that you and I cant imagine. (She was up at 2:30 this morning waiting on a dad flying in from out of state to pick up two toddlers that were kidnapped, to top off a day that started with an ER doc reporting vaginal lacerations on a little kid then went straight to a few hours in court testifying about a mom leaving her 2 year old at home alone while she turned tricks and bought drugs. The speaker of the house’s wife was ad litem on that one, she’s a good egg)

Still, this:

We have a friend that’s a forensic interviewer for CPS. Daily stories of the worst of the worst. Can’t imagine. 
My sister and her husband did defense work for their entire careers. Those folks, the prosecutors, the police, they all see the worst side of humanity daily. It almost invariably leads to cynicism and hardness, using dark humor to cope, which is the least harmful coping mechanism. 
Sounds like you and your wife are doing well with it. Good for you. It’s a brutal career and I’m glad someone does it. I couldn’t. 

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Still, this:

You took a bath?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

You don’t?

She keeps the AC at 65 at night, I use the hot bath to get warm and pop my spine, then rinse off in the shower. Not every day but I had a 6 am flight and woke up shivering.

.No, not since about 2nd or 3rd grade I'd guess. A hot shower in the morning would have fixed the shivering 

• Like 1

We have a friend that’s a forensic interviewer for CPS. Daily stories of the worst of the worst. Can’t imagine. 
My sister and her husband did defense work for their entire careers. Those folks, the prosecutors, the police, they all see the worst side of humanity daily. It almost invariably leads to cynicism and hardness, using dark humor to cope, which is the least harmful coping mechanism. 
Sounds like you and your wife are doing well with it. Good for you. It’s a brutal career and I’m glad someone does it. I couldn’t. 

She’s the invest supervisor. Maxing out the 3 year wage scale for pension.

She grew up around LEO, her dad was the only fed who could stomach being present at James Byrd’s autopsy.

I’m the analytical one, so after a tough day I start counting up the resources the state spends to stick a finger in the leaky dam of criminal/shitty parenting and I’m “hmm, so cops, overhead, CPS, overhead, lawyers, overhead, by my count that addict just cost society $40k minimum.

Did y’all know that kids in the foster care system get a full ride to state universities?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Still, this:

Jesus, just how much did she drop? I drop some every morning but have never had to get any of it out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth. All kinds of microscopic parasites and organisms having sex all around me.

That’s some people’s fetish, to be sure. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1