Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

My definition of a refrigerator vegtable drawer: A place to refrigerate your vegetables prior to eating them in a few days or so.

My wife's definition of a refrigerator vegtable drawer: A place to refrigerate your vegetables for weeks on  end until they go bad and rot all over the other vegetables which have not yet gone bad unless my husband cooks or eats them before then.  Also a place that my husband cleans out because I think it's too gross.

On of my wife's favorite things to do is go to the farmer's market....to buy buy vegetables....face palm.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

On 1/26/2024 at 5:35 PM, Nivek said:

No you didn't.  But you just pretend you do.  

I came home to kids and a slurring paranoid bitch still in her PJs, draining her daily Black Box of merlot.  Every evening was a fresh new hell.  She still got half my shit when we split.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

On 1/27/2024 at 3:22 AM, Enemy07 said:

I am close to perfect though. What else does a person need in this world but food, shelter, clothing, transportation, and commmunication?  I give her all of that when needed. Sex is a bonus. I make her life very easy.

She will remind you constantly that your are nowhere near perfect and then proceeds with listing your greatest fuck-ups.  Over and over.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Budkudzu said:

I came home to kids and a slurring paranoid bitch still in her PJs, draining her daily Black Box of merlot.  Every evening was a fresh new hell.  She still got half my shit when we split.   

Man, that's not funny and all.  Can't imagine drinking a whole "box" of Black Box in one day.  The headache the next morning can only be cured by more Black Box.  Sorry for that, and the kids' experience.  

• Hook 'Em 1

My wife's definition of a refrigerator vegtable drawer: A place to refrigerate your vegetables for weeks on end until they go bad and rot all over the other vegetables which have not yet gone bad unless my husband cooks or eats them before then.

bf56022d4bc7054fd9b1899a35f27e69.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

My definition of a refrigerator vegtable drawer: A place to refrigerate your vegetables prior to eating them in a few days or so.

My wife's definition of a refrigerator vegtable drawer: A place to refrigerate your vegetables for weeks on  end until they go bad and rot all over the other vegetables which have not yet gone bad unless my husband cooks or eats them before then.  Also a place that my husband cleans out because I think it's too gross.

On of my wife's favorite things to do is go to the farmer's market....to buy buy vegetables....face palm.

In my house, the vegetable drawer is just a staging station for the compost piles.   I probably have the most expensive compost in the county.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, hullabelew said:

In my house, the vegetable drawer is just a staging station for the compost piles.   I probably have the most expensive compost in the county.  

Though we probably live in different counties, I accept your challenge. 

Half the reason I started composting was to help my garden. The other half was to make myself feel a little bit less ragey about all the food my wife wastes. 

Edited by NorthLoop
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

[Wife out of town for 5 days that ends over the weekend.]
{Today, Tuesday}
wife: I guess you heard that so and so’s grandma is not doing well and won’t last a week it looks like.

me: oh yeah. So and so was talking about that last Friday. Very sad. But 103 is a good run.

Wife: well, it would have been nice to know. When it comes to our friends you need to share stuff with me like that.

Me: uh you were at a conference. She’s your friend. And you literally text in your group chat every day. I just assumed you already knew. 
Wife: You can text. 
Me: to get this straight, when you’re not around and I’m with your friends AND they are discussing family matters you want me to live tweet it Ang give you a blow by blow account? 
Wife: [Gives a look] Uhh. You’re so ridiculous and always take everything to the extreme. You know what I meant.

[Context]
this is the same woman who just dropped on a Wednesday sometime back that she’s getting a second opinion bc her gyno wanted to give her a full gutting and that the second one is going to check for cancer just to make sure…. Just out of the blue.

I was shocked and asked if there was anything I could do, if she wanted to talk about it, and how long this had been and issue.

Wife: I don’t want to talk about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

[Wife out of town for 5 days that ends over the weekend.]
{Today, Tuesday}
wife: I guess you heard that so and so’s grandma is not doing well and won’t last a week it looks like.

me: oh yeah. So and so was talking about that last Friday. Very sad. But 103 is a good run.

Wife: well, it would have been nice to know. When it comes to our friends you need to share stuff with me like that.

Me: uh you were at a conference. She’s your friend. And you literally text in your group chat every day. I just assumed you already knew. 
Wife: You can text. 
Me: to get this straight, when you’re not around and I’m with your friends AND they are discussing family matters you want me to live tweet it Ang give you a blow by blow account? 
Wife: [Gives a look] Uhh. You’re so ridiculous and always take everything to the extreme. You know what I meant.

[Context]
this is the same woman who just dropped on a Wednesday sometime back that she’s getting a second opinion bc her gyno wanted to give her a full gutting and that the second one is going to check for cancer just to make sure…. Just out of the blue.

I was shocked and asked if there was anything I could do, if she wanted to talk about it, and how long this had been and issue.

Wife: I don’t want to talk about it.

Good lord. Just how hot is this woman?

• Like 1

Close to 10 years of marriage, 2 kids, sometimes working 2 extra jobs so she can spend more time with the kids, and little shit like making sure her vehicle always has gas but I've been told that peeling an orange for her is a sign of love.

We don't argue very often, but I came close to telling her to GFY.

Man, you are going to love, Love, LOVE marriage counseling! Can’t wait for the update.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a gf back in the day and when we would start in on the where to eat nightmare, I would tell her ok I’m just driving to Whataburger. If you pick something before I arrive I’ll tune and go to your place. If not, I’m eating Whataburger. She always appreciated that.

Had a gf back in the day and when we would start in on the where to eat nightmare, I would tell her ok I’m just driving to Whataburger. If you pick something before I arrive I’ll tune and go to your place. If not, I’m eating Whataburger. She always appreciated that.

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Did you date twins at different times?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck You 1

My wife would name some place that's 100 miles away. 
Yours actually names a particular place? Lucky you.

When mine says "anywhere", I start rattling off places I know she won't actually want & upon "No... no, no" responses, I remind her "Well, you DID say "anywhere", right?"

/tone

1 minute ago, ROFL BOX said:

Your actually names a particular place? Lucky you.

When mine says "anywhere", I start rattling off places I know she won't actually want & upon "No... no, no" responses, I remind her "Well, you DID say "anywhere", right?"

/tone

I was referring to that video 

10 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I do this with Via 313. If family cannot get their shit together to pick a place we are ordering pizza. 

Usually just have to tell them once though 

10 hours ago, tbone_ said:

So a double Whataburger?  Cheese and jalapeño.. or no?

• Hook 'Em 1

Dear Abby,

Our sex life is pretty predictable... not in the sense of frequency, but in what happens first, second, etc.

Recently she got mad about something and said she's done sucking dick, period. 

Should I leave her now? Or at least wait until the kids are off to college?

9 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:

Not to get too sentimental, but your post revived fond memories of the time I took your mom to Pound Town. 

So you’re the one. I was really young but I remember her telling us about you at the dinner table. Said she had seen a lot of dick in her time, but yours was actually inverted. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

So you’re the one. I was really young but I remember her telling us about you at the dinner table. Said she had seen a lot of dick in her time, but yours was actually inverted. 

<insert bass pro shops naked guy pic>

15 hours ago, Superhero said:

Dear Abby,

Our sex life is pretty predictable... not in the sense of frequency, but in what happens first, second, etc.

Recently she got mad about something and said she's done sucking dick, period. 

Should I leave her now? Or at least wait until the kids are off to college?

Now.

Or side chick.

File under stupid shit husbands do...

• wife and I have been fighting non-stop for three weeks
  • both of us are tired and exhausted so don't have time to resolve the issue
  • I emphasized that we are both really sick, lack sleep, and generally stressed because of work/ life. No one did a wrong, but we need to prioritize our own health so we are less shitty to each other
  • Tonight: She APOLOGIZED and THANKED me for caring about her and offered unlimited services
    • Me, "I appreciate that you recognize you were a complete bitch the whole time"
    • Me, "....................................I fucked up"
    • Wife walks away

Guess I can expect no services tonight.

• Like 2
  • Prepare your anus 2