Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

Wife decided to trim the hedges on her day off while I was at work.  She proceeded to tangle and cut the electrical cable to the covered patio I had built.    Took me 2 hours to run the electrical line because I wanted it unseen!   I am meticulous and she is spontaneous. 

Still trying not to get mad because she DID trim the hedges but FUCK!

Edited by UTEX90

22 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Wife decided to trim the hedges on her day off while I was at work.  She proceeded to tangle and cut the electrical cable to the covered patio I had built.    Took me 2 hours to run the electrical line because I wanted it unseen!   I am meticulous and she is spontaneous. 

Did not think trimming the hedges was going to be literal at first.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Well if it was unseen then how is she to know that it was there?

6 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Did not think trimming the hedges was going to be literal at first. 

This would have been a more productive use of time.  Thankfully though, she keeps this task in regular rotation.

3 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Well if it was unseen then how is she to know that it was there?

She watched me install it.  Made fun of me for being so meticulous about it.  She plugs the damn in every weekend.

My wife, daughter and I were discussing my daughter's job and how they aren't doing well and might be closing up shop. My wife says "They don't have the gumshoe for business, I guess". Haven't laughed that hard in a while. When I corrected her, she said she thought "gumshoe" didn't sound right and she thinks she heard it on that old Carmen San Diego kid show.

• Like 5

On 10/13/2018 at 10:41 AM, UTEX90 said:

Wait until she needs you to do her a favor before fixing the cable.

Mrs UTEX90 - Can you get the Christmas lights down from the attic?

UTEX90 - Sorry I was about to fix the electrical cable that you fucked up. Maybe next year.

Mrs UTEX90 - *tone*

2 hours ago, luke duke said:

Wait until she needs you to do her a favor before fixing the cable.

Mrs UTEX90 - Can you get the Christmas lights down from the attic?

UTEX90 - Sorry I was about to fix the electrical cable that you fucked up. Maybe next year.

Mrs UTEX90 - *tone*

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bc54bdc574c673451

• Like 2

Lol.

Mine cut up 2 extension cords trying to trim the hedges.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:29 AM, Llogg said:

Rice cooker is going to kill us all. 100% of the time she uses it she leaves it in the sink overnight to soak instead of cleaning it immediately. Fucking Staphylococcus culture is all that is.

Get her cooking lessons ...shouldn’t need to soak a rice cooker

On 10/13/2018 at 10:59 PM, Sandman said:

My wife, daughter and I were discussing my daughter's job and how they aren't doing well and might be closing up shop. My wife says "They don't have the gumshoe for business, I guess". Haven't laughed that hard in a while. When I corrected her, she said she thought "gumshoe" didn't sound right and she thinks she heard it on that old Carmen San Diego kid show.

Sometimes, some crimes

Go slipping through the cracks

But these two Gumshoes

Are picking up the slack

There's no case too big

No case too small

When you need help just call

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

No, it doesn't "hurt" it, but unlike that article's premise, it does indeed take away some of the seasoning. You also have to scrub cast iron in many scenarios, and if soap is involved, your seasoning is gone. Soap on it's own won't do much, but combined with hard scrubbing absolutely does.

You should also season stainless  if you use it for eggs and such to keep it from sticking.

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

No, it doesn't "hurt" it, but unlike that article's premise, it does indeed take away some of the seasoning. You also have to scrub cast iron in many scenarios, and if soap is involved, your seasoning is gone. Soap on it's own won't do much, but combined with hard scrubbing absolutely does.

You should also season stainless  if you use it for eggs and such to keep it from sticking.

This.  It doesn't hurt it, per se, but to get it back to usable condition will require you reseason it, which is a waste of 2 hours of my life, and will stink the shit out of your house if you do it right.

2 hours ago, G650 said:

then don't take steel wool to it.  which is what it says in the article.

No, if you wanted to remove the seasoning, you'd need to either scour it with something very abrasive, like steel wool; heat it at a very high temperature for an extended period of time without any fat in it; soak it in a strong lye solution; or strip it via electrolysis. Suffice it to say, it takes quite a bit of effort to actually take the seasoning off a cast iron pan.

9 minutes ago, Flg8rfan said:

Had to ask. They last forever, even get better with age. Properly seasoned (and maintained) nothing sticks. Can use on grill, stove, fire pit, oven.

The ones I have were my great grandmothers, wouldn’t sell them for anything

2 of my favorite things on earth:

Cobbler made in a cast iron Dutch Oven

Cooking in a cast iron skillet at night time at the deer lease camp.  Venison Diane FTW  

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Apparently cast iron skillets are serious business. I know nothing about them. Can someone learn me with a quick summary?

37 minutes ago, Flg8rfan said:

Had to ask. They last forever, even get better with age. Properly seasoned (and maintained) nothing sticks. Can use on grill, stove, fire pit, oven.

The ones I have were my great grandmothers, wouldn’t sell them for anything

^This.

I do pretty much all of my serious cooking in cast iron, both raw and enameled. Skillets, dutch oven, etc...

Well in the spirit of baseball season, my wife hit a solid double on Monday. Windows all open with HVAC running full tilt, and every pan in the house dirty in the sink since she wanted to cook dinner, which was stir fry in a bag.

That’s not stupid wife stuff, that’s my everyday
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Llogg said:

wrong. can destroy the bacteria but the toxin is heat resistant and only a little bit of it is needed to make you sick as shit.

Washing does not "destroy" anything (except maybe marital strife in this case). It removes it. This includes toxins, bacteria, bodily fluids, cooties, evil spirits, and anything else you are apparently paranoid about.

I'll repeat my post:

22 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Uh, how does washing dishes work? Soaking for any amount of time is a non-issue if the dishes are washed afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Sam Lin said:

Washing does not "destroy" anything (except maybe marital strife in this case). It removes it. This includes toxins, bacteria, bodily fluids, cooties, evil spirits, and anything else you are apparently paranoid about.

I'll repeat my post:

Which is obviously why restaurants just soak their shit at the end of the night and come back to wash in the morning. Health Dept thanks that's smart. You do you, buddy, but I'm familiar enough with microbiology to know soaking a vat of rice and then washing it is riskier than just washing it straight away. I'm glad you assume your washing technique is 100% effective, but it's just not.

Edited by Llogg

8 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Which is obviously why restaurants just soak their shit at the end of the night and come back to wash in the morning. Health Dept thanks that's smart. You do you, buddy, but I'm familiar enough with microbiology to know soaking a vat of rice and then washing it is riskier than just washing it straight away. I'm glad you assume your washing technique is 100% effective, but it's just not.

Shouldn't you be dead by now?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1