Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

Mrs. Brat makes a batch of 2 Alarm Chili (preseasons the ground sirloin before mixing in the packaged seasoning) to spread over the Fritos & Del Rio Tortilla Factory original tamales. And then tops it with chopped 1015 onions & shredded cheddar cheese.

The 4th stent implant in January was worth it. 

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, Modessit said:

I taught my wife long ago that if she asks for my help with something then I get to do it my way. Otherwise she can do it herself. Works out well.

This.  My stance is "you can tell me what to do or how to do it.  Not both."

Last night she was trying to put the baby down and I was trying to convince my sick son to watch a crappy stream of Longhorn baseball w/ me while he plays hot wheels.

“We don’t get to watch much TV together. Let’s try and do that on Sundays. Get them down early...oh, did you see the trailer for GoT final season?!”

No.

*pulls it up on phone. We watch. Premieres April 14th on screen*

“What day of the week is April 14th?”

Tommy Lee Jones NCFOM.jpg

“...well how would I know if they changed to like a Tuesday for the premiere for this season...”

More TLJ.

“What?!?”

Train of thought brought on by discussing Sunday nights. Decades of Sunday prime time programming by HBO tons of which we’ve watched together. Yeah I’m sure the final season of their highest watched, critically acclaimed, award winning show they’re going to switch to a weekday release of Tuesday at 6 Eastern.

Wife decided that today would be a good day to let our 5 year old play with rice.

She also decided that today would be a good day to loan the vacuum cleaner to her dad.

Did I mention that the cleaning lady cleaned the house only yesterday?

• Like 1

Last night we’re about ready to go to bed and she’s locking up, turning off lights, etc... She checks the garage to make sure the door is closed and yells at me, "the car is not in the garage." I ignore her because she knows why her car isn’t in the garage - she parked it in the driveway. 2 minutes later she yells again from the other side of the house , "the car is not in the garage.”

My response was, “is my truck in the garage?
Her - yes
Me - “ that’s because when I come home, I park in the garage. Now...Would you like me to pull in YOUR car for you?”
Her - no (in a mopie tone)

I normally do the gentleman bit and pull in her car without her even asking. However, i was beat and also saw the behavior I’ve created ... so I decided to be a smart ass instead.

I’m glad I was being stubborn because her stupid cat was apparently being especially stupid and getting near the car when she pulled in. I heard her pull forward and back 3 times! Good thing for the cat she took care of it because I would have let Darwin do his thing.

• Like 2

My wife and I are both teachers.  Today her school had field day.  She came home acting like her school's field day was akin to basic training.  "I'm absolutely exhausted and need a break from everyone..."

It was 70 degrees today.

She was on cup stacking duty.

In the gym.

Those that have either manned field day as a teacher or parent will know how ridiculous this is.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Wife decided that today would be a good day to let our 5 year old play with rice.

She also decided that today would be a good day to loan the vacuum cleaner to her dad.

Did I mention that the cleaning lady cleaned the house only yesterday?

And, just so we're absolutely clear on this, she did suggest the idea and help show my daughter how to play with rice. It's not like my daughter got into the rice on her own.

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

And, just so we're absolutely clear on this, she did suggest the idea and help show my daughter how to play with rice. It's not like my daughter got into the rice on her own.

Bro, we already know this. We've been there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

My wife and I are both teachers.  Today her school had field day.  She came home acting like her school's field day was akin to basic training.  "I'm absolutely exhausted and need a break from everyone..."

It was 70 degrees today.

She was on cup stacking duty.

In the gym.

Those that have either manned field day as a teacher or parent will know how ridiculous this is.

why would I need either to know how ridiculous it was, you're dealing with a woman, I believe you.  We all do.

• Like 1

She's out of town.  When she was packing for this trip, I suggested a pullover shirt, because it can get chilly there at night.  No, no, she has a jacket, she'll be fine.

Just got a text:  It's cold, I wish I had a long sleeve shirt.  I have to wear my jacket inside.

I'm somewhere between

jones.bigiside.jpg

and

tommyleejones-idontcare.jpg

Edited by miguelito
TLJ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

My wife wanted a spill-proof coffee mug because her special-ed students sometimes knock it over. So I got her a nice one. Lately I noticed she was using her old one. I asked her why and she said her new one was dirty and she hadn't washed it yet. This went on for a week or so and I kept asking her when she was going to wash her new one. I got tone.

Then this happened:

6ec7259550d88a824dc04ab081882bc2.jpg

She was using the new cup on Friday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miguelito said:

She's out of town.  When she was packing for this trip, I suggested a pullover shirt, because it can get chilly there at night.  No, no, she has a jacket, she'll be fine.

Just got a text:  It's cold, I wish I had a long sleeve shirt.  I have to wear my jacket inside.

I'm somewhere between

jones.bigiside.jpg

and

tommyleejones-idontcare.jpg

Make sure to post a picture of the pullover she is going to buy. 

• Like 2

Real Frito pie is when the chili and cheese comes from the machine at gas stations or food trucks. You people who do homemade shit are the same who call melts grilled cheese.

Dude. The cheap-ass champion move was to hit the 7-11 on MLK. Two hot dogs for .99 with free plastic pump chili and cheese. Take hot dog out of the container, fill with chili and cheese, put hot dog on top. That way, you got two bowls of chili and cheese and two hot dogs for .99.

Also, you got the shits.

But hey, 99 cents.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude. The cheap-ass champion move was to hit the 7-11 on MLK. Two hot dogs for .99 with free plastic pump chili and cheese. Take hot dog out of the container, fill with chili and cheese, put hot dog on top. That way, you got two bowls of chili and cheese and two hot dogs for .99.

Also, you got the shits.

But hey, 99 cents.

I can’t even imagine the kinds of chili or cheese that would be given away for free. And out of a pump??

Couldn’t decide which thread this best fits but it goes here. 10 year old is eating dinner and watching tv. He has his hand down his pants (that trait comes from my side of the family). Goes something like this:

Wife: what are you doing? Why is your hand down your pants?

Kid: dumb look

Wife: You’re eating. That’s gross. You’re putting your hands on your private parts and then eating food. You can get sick with the germs.

Kid: Removes hands from pants.

A few minutes later, with the kid out of earshot.

Wife: Don’t you think that’s dirty? Eating after having your hands on your junk?

Me: deadpan

Wife: I think it’s gross.

Me: You know you skip the whole middle part of that process from time to time.

Wife: deadpan

Me: You put my penis in your mouth.

Wife: (hamster wheel turning) Well maybe I won’t do that anymore!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Couldn’t decide which thread this best fits but it goes here. 10 year old is eating dinner and watching tv. He has his hand down his pants (that trait comes from my side of the family). Goes something like this:

Wife: You’re eating. That’s gross. You’re putting your hands on your private parts and then eating food. You can get sick with the germs.

Wife: Don’t you think that’s dirty? Eating after having your hands on your junk?

Clackles:  deadpan

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

7913b3a3fe1acc544e52261999aacc8176e89920

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

Wow.  Impressively dumb on your part.

Almost as bad as that guy who shot himself in his jewels the other day.

We’ve been together 20 plus years and married 15 plus. The battle lines are drawn. The trenches are well established. Withdrawing oral at this point is not in the cards. That would cause a cataclysmic rupture in the married-with-kids work-life balance.