Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

51 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Teacher conference with your wife yesterday because daughter Suzie can't seem to stay off her phone during class. Your wife says she will speak to Suzie about this issue.  Today Suzie's phone rings and she  asks  if she can step outside and take a call from her mother.

Solid.

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

Teacher conference with your wife yesterday because daughter Suzie can't seem to stay off her phone during class. Your wife says she will speak to Suzie about this issue.  Today Suzie's phone rings and she  asks  if she can step outside and take a call from her mother.

QONVIyz.gif?noredirect

2 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Shut it down.

3 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Was she calling to remind her to stay off her phone during class?

14 hours ago, Mudcat35 said:

My wife and I recently bought a really old house that we're going to renovate.  First step is to pull down some badly-installed sheetrock in the entryway to expose the original shiplap boards underneath.  We want to paint those so that we get the effect of having the exposed wood.  She was trying to put together a project plan last night.  For reference, I'm a project manager by trade, so it's clear this wasn't going to go so well.  Two of the steps involve pulling down the existing sheetrock, and finishing the boards underneath, and she could not figure out what order to do this in.  I spent 20 minutes explaining why you had to pull the sheetrock down first before you could paint the boards underneath.  I have no idea how I managed to not run screaming from the building.  She kept saying "I have to think visually".  Ok, I get that, but we finally got to the point where I said "you're ready to paint, but you haven't pulled the sheetrock down yet.  What are  you painting?".  The answer is "sheetrock", not what she was looking for.  I'm still not sure she believes me.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that your house flipping business is going to fail. Quit now. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 5:20 PM, Flg8rfan said:

So my wife has been having stomach issues (whatever that means), and thinks it might be gluten related. Maybe packing your lunch instead of take out every day at work would be a better start but what do I know........

I now have a ton of gluten free food in the house that the kids and I won’t eat and she won’t cook or take to work (because takeout).

Guess what I’ll be throwing away shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hopefully whatever dignity she may have remaining.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:30 PM, Upgrayedd said:

Got back last night from a week-long trip to Colorado skiing.  We drove.

I pack the car.  I also unpack the car.  Luggage, skis, boots, gear, etc.  Skis and poles go in the roof box.  This time so did the boots.  She assists with the unload.

Her:  Why did you put the boots in the roof box?  They were in my boot bag.

Me:  I pulled them out so I could flatten the boot bags.  Easier to see out the back with the rear-view mirror.

H:  They were in the bag though.

M:  Yes.  Yes they were:

H:   I didn't want them up there.

M:  What difference does it make?  It's storage space for shit we don't need in the car.  They were up there on the ride up too.  

H:  I wanted them in the bag.  Especially on the ride up because I don't like putting on cold boots.  You could have put the bag to the side.

M:  The boots had all night to get to room temperature, so that's not a good reason.  Tell you what, next time you can load the gear.

So she doesn't like my tone.  And because she's irritated, instead of setting my skis down on the concrete driveway like they should, she decides to de-tune the edges by setting the tips down and sliding them across the driveway until she puts the tails down.  I know her and she didn't do it on purpose out of spite - more likely she's frosted about the boot thing and not paying attention.

M:  The fuck you do that for?

H:  ????

M:  I could hear the edges grinding on the driveway (someone may accurately point out that edges on the tips should be de-tuned anyway, but it shouldn't be with the driveway method, so that's not the point).

H:  They're fine.

M:  You'd have a conniption if I did that to your gear.  Help me get the roof box off please.

The roof box is light, but bulky.  Helps to have two people.  I slide the front of the box off the rack towards her to grab.  I have the back and am ready to lift.

M:  Ready?

H: . . . . . . . . .

M:  Ok?

H: . . . . . .

M:  It's customary to have a verbal acknowledgment if you are asked if you are ready or not.  Ready?  Yes or no?

H.  Maybe.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mudcat35 said:

My wife and I recently bought a really old house that we're going to renovate.  First step is to pull down some badly-installed sheetrock in the entryway to expose the original shiplap boards underneath.  We want to paint those so that we get the effect of having the exposed wood.  She was trying to put together a project plan last night.  For reference, I'm a project manager by trade, so it's clear this wasn't going to go so well.  Two of the steps involve pulling down the existing sheetrock, and finishing the boards underneath, and she could not figure out what order to do this in.  I spent 20 minutes explaining why you had to pull the sheetrock down first before you could paint the boards underneath.  I have no idea how I managed to not run screaming from the building.  She kept saying "I have to think visually".  Ok, I get that, but we finally got to the point where I said "you're ready to paint, but you haven't pulled the sheetrock down yet.  What are  you painting?".  The answer is "sheetrock", not what she was looking for.  I'm still not sure she believes me.

Bro, this me falling out of the truck laughing...been there with Mrs SHOOTER

My prayers, you haz dem...

2 minutes ago, BearCountry11 said:

My wife has developed a nasty habit of leaving her car keys in the front door (on the outside of the house).  I posted this earlier in the thread but I've seen this happen 4-5 times over the past few months.  Of course, she doesn't understand why it pisses me off "because we have an alarm system".  Doesn't understand that she is not only giving an intruder access to the house, but her brand new car, too.  Her excuse is that when she is carrying stuff inside she is focused on turning the alarm off and forgets her keys.

This morning it happened again.  She was sleeping when I left the house and, sure enough, when I went to lock the door behind me, there were her keys.  She is off work today so I took the keys (she has a spare), pulled her car around the corner out of view, and left for work.  I figured she would call me in a panic that her car is missing.  It is now 11:52 AM and she has not noticed...

you really dont want to get laid in the next 6 months, do you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BearCountry11 said:

My wife has developed a nasty habit of leaving her car keys in the front door (on the outside of the house).  I posted this earlier in the thread but I've seen this happen 4-5 times over the past few months.  Of course, she doesn't understand why it pisses me off "because we have an alarm system".  Doesn't understand that she is not only giving an intruder access to the house, but her brand new car, too.  Her excuse is that when she is carrying stuff inside she is focused on turning the alarm off and forgets her keys.

This morning it happened again.  She was sleeping when I left the house and, sure enough, when I went to lock the door behind me, there were her keys.  She is off work today so I took the keys (she has a spare), pulled her car around the corner out of view, and left for work.  I figured she would call me in a panic that her car is missing.  It is now 11:52 AM and she has not noticed...

Someone doesn't want to stay married.  You don't AIS her!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BearCountry11 said:

Do you not have a garage? 

26 minutes ago, BearCountry11 said:

Working on some shelving and storage in the garage so there's wood planks and tools everywhere.  Cars are in the driveway until next week.  

she's passively/aggressively telling you to clean up the got dayamed garage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BearCountry11 said:

This is going to end well.

Fortune favors the bold, but I don’t see how this ends well for you. 

I weep for the future.

3497348226_49867899b0%5B1%5D.jpg

It looks like the mail will be late today.

Edited by Nolacycling
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, BearCountry11 said:

his morning it happened again.  She was sleeping when I left the house and, sure enough, when I went to lock the door behind me, there were her keys.  She is off work today so I took the keys (she has a spare), pulled her car around the corner out of view, and left for work.  I figured she would call me in a panic that her car is missing.  It is now 11:52 AM and she has not noticed...

did your cable need fixing?

1*UtOJHg2OuXSF8nDMeU_uyw.jpeg 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to a community meeting because I care. When the group was asked about improvements we'd like to see, a lady stood up and said she wished the train ran in front of her house. We are about 4 miles from the nearest stop at airport and lamar. Several other ladies nodded and clapped in agreement.

Groans from me and the other men in atendnence were met with stern /tone looks.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 2

She is off work today so I took the keys (she has a spare), pulled her car around the corner out of view, and left for work.  I figured she would call me in a panic that her car is missing.  It is now 11:52 AM and she has not noticed...

She lost that a long time ago and never told you. Now there’s only one set. When that one gets lost it’s going to cost an extra couple of hundred since you don’t have an existing key.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Went to a community meeting because I care. When the group was asked about improvements we'd like to see, a lady stood up and said she wished the train ran in front of her house. We are about 4 miles from the nearest stop at airport and lamar. Several other ladies nodded and clapped in agreement.

[Torbush]

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Edited by CycleTex87
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1