2019 Texas injury and illness

Magus Ossis

8 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He was on crutches in a waking boot. What’s your definition of good?

They put everyone in a boot for precautionary reasons. There's a clip after the game where he's not even using the crutches and jumping around in the locker room. Several people said they saw no limp. 

It's obviously speculation at this point but being in a "walking boot" or "crutches" tells me nothing. They do that with any sort of foot injury. 

I'm also sure they've already done X-Rays so there probably isn't a break or fracture. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

Shackelford having an ankle issue is the least surprising injury since something happening to Overshown which was the least surprising thing since something happening to Kirk Johnson. Not sure what would be less surprising than a Kirk Johnson injury. sarvanaash not being a pussyrubbing dipshit for a day, maybe?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Fuck_Chip_Brown_Skywriting.jpg
According to this guy^^^
"Whittington had the surgery the week after the La Tech game, and it was considered a success with a possible return date in mid- to late October." 

Well, now we know not to expect JW in October.

I'm in the minority but I think they should RS him at this point, unless Ingram or Young go down again. Football activity and healing this injury have proven non compatible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Well, now we know not to expect JW in October.  I'm in the minority but I think they should RS him at this point, unless Ingram or Young go down again. Football activity and healing this injury have proven non compatible.

Wonder how Herman/Beck plan to use Whittington in the future.  With his injury (tearing "the adductor off of his pubic synthesis, sports hernia"), I hope that Jordan's number of future carries are more limited at Texas -- maybe only 5-10 carries/game.

Seems like Jordan could be best used as more of an Alvin Kamara type back (limited carries, good receiving threat) that would be a great additional tool for this Texas offense to have.  

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I'm in the minority but I think they should RS him at this point, unless Ingram or Young go down again. Football activity and healing this injury have proven non compatible.

I would guess they view Jordan as a likely three year player (and in no event a five year player), so not really worth red shirting.

Pure speculation, but I've wondered whether they might cross train him at receiver this spring. We'll have Ingram, Bijan Ty Jordan, Danny Young and probably Roschon at RB next year. I doubt it given Ingram's injury history, but it would be nice to have Eagles, Jake Smith, Whittington and Ingram/Bijan all on the field at the same time the next two years.    

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Well, now we know not to expect JW in October.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You're not in a minority. That was a chronic injury that got to the point of needing surgical repair. Unless he heals quickly, is mostly pain free, and is in football shape, he should not see the field again this season. Let the kid heal up and work him back gradually to prevent re-injury. Thank God for Yancy.

Wonder how Herman/Beck plan to use Whittington in the future.  With his injury (tearing "the adductor off of his pubic synthesis, sports hernia"), I hope that Jordan's number of future carries are more limited at Texas -- maybe only 5-10 carries/game.
Seems like Jordan could be best used as more of an Alvin Kamara type back (limited carries, good receiving threat) that would be a great additional tool for this Texas offense to have.  

Pubic symphysis*

I don’t think this guy is a 3 year player until he shows he can stay on the field. He’s also learning a new position which will take him a while to master

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

Lights out as in like his lights aren’t on at all this year?

He's been noticeably slower this year due to the lingering injury, and he still led the team in tackles last night. Try not to be such a whiny little bitch. 

Edited by hornian
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, DreadHead said:

Caden Sterns is getting an MRI, but looking at his face when he was on the cart... I'm worried. 

Dude plays so hard and lights out, I sincerely hope it isn't something serious. 

Yea his face was pure agony, moreso than I’ve seen lately during a game. Fear his injury is devastating, hoping it was more pain than bite. 

11 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

It looked more likely to be an ac separation than a shoulder dislocation if I’m remembering the play correctly. We’ll see over the next few days. As hard as that impact looked, I wouldn’t get too optimistic about seeing him back in time for OU.

If Adimora does not try to tackle the kick returner we don’t lose Tillman, if...

36 minutes ago, bluto said:

Lights out as in like his lights aren’t on at all this year?

Plays lights out, he goes all out all the time and is a bad ass. He can shut it down, lights off.. game over. 

In no way was I trying to be negative, Caden is a baller.

Edited by DreadHead

Yea his face was pure agony, moreso than I’ve seen lately during a game. Fear his injury is devastating, hoping it was more pain than bite. 

Seems like with knee injuries the immediate pain/severity of injury relationship can be inverted...yeah, grasping at straws but hopefully that’s the case with Stearns