Obi-Wan Series on Disney+ Staring Ewan McGregor

Viper

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Only weak part is precocious lea, but Disney gonna Disney. 

It was a decent misdirect. Just like the fake Jedi who was trying to help people.  And it actually made sense that they would use her to draw Obi out without them realizing who she was.  He was close with her dad in the Clone Wars.  

Was hoping he’d team up with the homeless clone trooper he gave money to.  

Deborah Chow is doing fantastic.  Effects and world building are cinema-quality.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

Kumail showing up as a fake Jedi was awesome.  
Loved both episodes but have similar quibbles as others.  The Leia chase scene on Alderaan was bad.  Design of Inquisitors does not translate well to live action.  The Jedi escaping all three inquisitors in the bar was pretty lame as well.   Really picking nits, because overall I loved it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I kind of thought that was on purpose to catch Obi-Wan or other Jedi.  

Same. It seemed to me they let him escape, thinking he’d lead them to other Jedi. 

Edited by Dutch

Hmmmm…..  I want to like it and the story is solid.  I thought the acting other than Kenobi and Owen was really bad.  Thought the production value up to the action scene at end of second episode was pretty bad too.  The story and where they are going with it is great.  Liked that Obi Wan finds out now that Vader is Anakon. 

…and was that first Jedi a Saatchi brother?

Edited by A-Tex Devil

I give a 9/10 overall.   Thought the actress playing Reva could have done better, she didn't seem like a good fit for the role.   The chase scenes involving Leia lasted a little too long, and the rooftop parkour was a little cringe.   

She’s good but her voice…no way to say this without it coming out wrong so fuck it…could they have worked on her delivery so she doesn’t sound like she’s straight outta Compton?

Only real problem is that Leia fucking sucks. What a little asshole.
  • Like 2

Thought it was fantastic. Only 2 complaints:

1. Reva's vocal style immediately reminded me of Gail from Letterkenny when she was tauntingly calling out Obi-Wan in the final scene of Ep. 2.
  2. Actress playing Leia is not 10yo but more like 7yo or 8 at most. Kinda looks like a toddler running in the chase scene.

Minor shit. Otherwise, loved it. Ewan plays a great downtrodden, depressed Ben.

2 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Liked that Obi Wan finds out now that Vader is Anakon.

Obi Wan and Yoda saw the security video at the Jedi Temple where Palpatine called Anakin by Darth Vader. He just didn’t know he was still alive. That’s why he gives the facial expression and she senses his feelings after she mentions taking him to Lord Vader. 

I thought the chid actress did fine, but she runs like a 6 year old. Made the forest chase scene a little ridiculous. I thought she and Obi wan had good chemistry though 

The discarded clone trooper scene was good.  And sad, especially after just watching the last episode of clone wars. 

I like how broken down and disconnected they show Obi wan.  He’s so shut off from the force he almost can’t do something as simple as force grabbing a small girl. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TOR said:

Leia's foster mom has huuuuuge tracts o' land.

This is pretty good.

Hmmm…there’s still a chance for Jabba to kidnap the foster mom…

I really wish they’d gone as far to make Obi Wan a drunk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I really wish they’d gone as far to make Obi Wan a drunk

Can a Jedi get drunk?  My lore isn't what is used to be, probably mistaken.  The Dark Side is their heroin, though.

1 hour ago, TOR said:

Can a Jedi get drunk?  My lore isn't what is used to be, probably mistaken.  The Dark Side is their heroin, though.

I think EU they could regulate it if they wanted to. But Obi wan is so clearly cut off that he couldn’t, and I’m not sure he’d want to as beaten and broken as he is 

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought it was great.

Leia did seem a little small for a 10-year-old, but then Carrie Fisher was also pretty tiny, so it makes sense. I thought they got her temperament just right. That’s exactly how I imagine 10-year-old Leia would act.

Fake-Jedi Dinesh was perfect, lol. 

And I guess we got the answer for the Fanboys whining about how the Grand Inquisitor didn’t look enough like the Grand Inquisitor in Rebels, lol.

15 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I thought it was great

And I guess we got the answer for the Fanboys whining about how the Grand Inquisitor didn’t look enough like the Grand Inquisitor in Rebels, lol.

Agree, really enjoyed it

We did not get that answer, although I’m not sure who asked the question. I just assumed that the most fitting actor was a little more round in the face. Per the new cannon comics, the same grand inquisitor has been with vadar since just after the end of Revenge. So i think we either get a bacta tank / artificial heart (most likely imo) or our first attempt at a dark Jedi clone for Palpstines (semi retconned) future plans (not likely imo, even though Favre and Filoni like to weave that stuff in there and fix it). 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Agree, really enjoyed it

We did not get that answer, although I’m not sure who asked the question. I just assumed that the most fitting actor was a little more round in the face. Per the new cannon comics, the same grand inquisitor has been with vadar since just after the end of Revenge. So i think we either get a bacta tank / artificial heart (most likely imo) or our first attempt at a dark Jedi clone for Palpstines (semi retconned) future plans (not likely imo, even though Favre and Filoni like to weave that stuff in there and fix it). 

Yeah good point.

Plus, if you’re going to cast Rupert Friend, it’s kind of a waste to only have him for like 1.5 episodes.

Another qualm: So far, the series portrays Obi Wan as a weakling… He’s a Jedi master who has led armies, cut  Darth Maul in half, bested Anakin in 1v1 combat, and defeated General Grevious. He has trained since birth as a Jedi—he’d absolutely wipe the floor with those bumbling inquisitors. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Another qualm: So far, the series portrays Obi Wan as a weakling… He’s a Jedi master who has led armies, cut  Darth Maul in half, bested Anakin in 1v1 combat, and defeated General Grevious. He has trained since birth as a Jedi—he’d absolutely wipe the floor with those bumbling inquisitors. 

fans GIF

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

He wasn't using his powers except once to prevent Leia from falling. His mission is to remain hidden until Luke is ready for training. He can't go around doing Jedi shit.

9 minutes ago, F250 said:

He wasn't using his powers except once to prevent Leia from falling. His mission is to remain hidden until Luke is ready for training. He can't go around doing Jedi shit.

He’s not just hiding it, he’s cut himself off from it between the hiding and his state of mind. It’s why he can’t communicate with quigon. He’s lost his faith. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Considering how much he seemed to struggle even to save Leia when she was falling, it’s safe to say he’s rusty. I mean he hasn’t really used the force in 10 years. That’s why he kept telling Bail Organa he’s not the man he once was. Of course peak Kenobi could take the three of the Inquisitors on at once and win. I mean, he defeated peak Vader (at least physically) but they’ve got to make it somewhat evenly matched. I’m guessing he’s gonna gradually regain his powers throughout the series leading up to a potential showdown with Vader. Obviously at this point he’d be no match for Vader.

• Hook 'Em 1

I tend to think the slaughter of the Jedi children affected Obi-wan in a terrible way.  The Force may still speak to him here, but he can't hear it. 

McGregor is fantastic as a young Alec Guinness/Obi-wan  (even if guinness hated it).

2 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

That’s…… the whole point. We are seeing Kenobi at his absolute low point at the start of this series.

He has purposely cut himself off from the Force, hasn’t continued to train and no longer considers himself a Jedi.

Hence when he told other Jedi on Tatooine, “let it go; go back to town and live a normal life.”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TOR said:

I tend to think the slaughter of the Jedi children affected Obi-wan in a terrible way.  The Force may still speak to him here, but he can't hear it. 

McGregor is fantastic as a young Alec Guinness/Obi-wan  (even if guinness hated it).

Desert must age you quickly, as we have like 8 years for him to turn into Guinness.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Did Vader know Obi Wan was still alive before they fought on the first Death Star?  I thought not, but I can't remember for sure.

It seemed like he wasn’t sure until he felt his presence. In the Rebels show after he discovered Ahsoka was alive (in approx 3 BBY), he asked Palpatine if they could use her to find Kenobi and Palpatine said “perhaps.”

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

That’s…… the whole point. We are seeing Kenobi at his absolute low point at the start of this series.

He has purposely cut himself off from the Force, hasn’t continued to train and no longer considers himself a Jedi.

Hence when he told other Jedi on Tatooine, “let it go; go back to town and live a normal life.”

And as said, he is playing a very long game. He can’t go around revealing himself because if he kills the three Inquisitors, great,  the Empire is gonna be like “wow how did these three inquisitors get killed?

• Hook 'Em 1

re-watched the first two episodes again cause nothing much else on tv today.   at the beginning of the order 66 scene, the youngling in the center of the screen, could that be Reva?   same look and hair, not sure that the age lines up though.   I thought for second that the mom and kid going through the fake Jedi to escape the planet could have been Ezra but the plants don't line up from what I know about Ezra, and also the age thing again.   

• Hook 'Em 1