Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

3 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

He could think Penn State deserved much worse than they got and that Michigan deserves more than what Penn State got but less than what Penn State should have gotten. 

Or he really thinks what Michigan did is worse because he’s a sicko. Which I think is more likely 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juicy keeps implying that it's a nothingburger and that Michigan will come out unscathed out of this. Even if that were true, how do you assume that Harbaugh keeps winning at the current rate without the stolen signals? He wasn't really setting the world on fire until the last couple of seasons, and they haven't been recruiting that well in the last few years either. This ship is about to tank with or without any major sanction by the NCAA.

42 minutes ago, Juicy said:

100% this. You always take care of the guy who knows where the bodies are burried

Legit think theres a chance if the Astros had just re-signed that rat Mike Fiers to 1 more contract instead of letting him go to Oakland and then shelling him so bad in 2019 that the whole sign stealing thing doesn't get out...or at least remains the domain of hearsay and rumor. Gotta take care of the guys who know things...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Legit think theres a chance if the Astros had just re-signed that rat Mike Fiers to 1 more contract instead of letting him go to Oakland and then shelling him so bad in 2019 that the whole sign stealing thing doesn't get out...or at least remains the domain of hearsay and rumor. Gotta take care of the guys who know things...

User name and all that.  

Won't happen but if the remaining big 10 schools on the Michigan schedule refused to play the game that would rattle some cages.

Their needs to be an unprecedented action for Michigan to not get away with this. If that is game boycott or post season ineligibility being handed down. However,  Michigan would tie that up in court to have any teeth and they will play the games. 

Michigan weighing the potential consequences and saying "a national title victory today is far greater than any punishment down the road" knowing they can get away with it in the moment. 

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Juicy keeps implying that it's a nothingburger and that Michigan will come out unscathed out of this. Even if that were true, how do you assume that Harbaugh keeps winning at the current rate without the stolen signals? He wasn't really setting the world on fire until the last couple of seasons, and they haven't been recruiting that well in the last few years either. This ship is about to tank with or without any major sanction by the NCAA.

Harbaugh has the one thing that has proven to hide the flaws of average coaches. A transcendent QB. Look at what Jimbo got from a season of Crab Legs. With or without the plays Michigan still has a boatload of seniors on the team, and a QB that is going to end up in New York on Heisman night. That is good enough to beat up on any of the teams in the big ten and at least get them back to the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Harbaugh has the one thing that has proven to hide the flaws of average coaches. A transcendent QB. Look at what Jimbo got from a season of Crab Legs. With or without the plays Michigan still has a boatload of seniors on the team, and a QB that is going to end up in New York on Heisman night. That is good enough to beat up on any of the teams in the big ten and at least get them back to the playoffs. 

A transcendent QB who knew the defensive calls. You're not appreciating how big of an advantage it is to know your opponent's every call. Michigan is NOT going to the playoffs this year. Starting next year, your recent recruiting will also catch up to you. 

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Juicy said:

No offense, but transcendent QBs don't typically throw 2 pick-sixes in the playoff semifinals.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

Regarding the south Carolina DC, didn't OU coaches fly out to Tuscaloosa to give info to bama before our Rose Bowl game?  I seem to remember something like that and nobody said a peep about that being a rule problem (just a little petty if you ask me).

Now I have no idea what they shared or how they got it, but if they had our signs I guarantee that was shared. Is sharing scouting with opposing coaches illegal?  Or is it only if the info was obtained illegally and the recipient knew or should have known?  Kind of an insider trading fiduciary duty concept, which ironically was a rule established in an SEC (securities, not football) case brought against Barry Switzer. Proving that it all comes back to college football eventually.

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

A transcendent QB who knew the defensive calls. Even a shitty team like SC was able to beat an excellent Tennessee team last year because  they knew the signals. You're not appreciating how big of an advantage it is to know your opponent's every call. Michigan is NOT going to the playoffs this year. Starting next year, your recent recruiting will also catch up to you. 

Have you seen the big 10? I am not saying that knowing the calls wasn't a help but Michigan could tell the rest of the big ten what they are doing and would still win this conference with ease. 

3 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

No offense, but transcendent QBs don't typically throw 2 pick-sixes in the playoff semifinals.

Let's hope he doesn't do it again this year. 

3 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Regarding the south Carolina DC, didn't OU coaches fly out to Tuscaloosa to give info to bama before our Rose Bowl game?  I seem to remember something like that and nobody said a peep about that being a rule problem (just a little petty if you ask me).

Now I have no idea what they shared or how they got it, but if they had our signs I guarantee that was shared. Is sharing scouting with opposing coaches illegal?  Or is it only if the info was obtained illegally and the recipient knew or should have known?  Kind of an insider trading fiduciary duty concept, which ironically was a rule established in an SEC (securities, not football) case brought against Barry Switzer. Proving that it all comes back to college football eventually.

Teams buy/sell/trade scouting info all the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m also curious as to where the narrative that TCU destroyed Michigan is coming from. The final score was 51-45 and Michigan had the ball last with a chance to win. They also had an unforced fumble at the goal one that cost them 7. It was a 41-38 game early in the 4th.

The 50+ points and 270 rushing yards allowed is where it's coming from.  

10 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Have you seen the big 10? I am not saying that knowing the calls wasn't a help but Michigan could tell the rest of the big ten what they are doing and would still win this conference with ease.

To be fair, B1G has consistently been shitty except for one or two teams, but that didn't help Michigan until the last couple of years when the cheating started. They still have to play at Penn state and Ohio State. I wouldn't be counting those games as wins. The CFP is not going to let a one-loss UM in this year.

Edited by UTEE97

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m also curious as to where the narrative that TCU destroyed Michigan is coming from. The final score was 51-45 and Michigan had the ball last with a chance to win. They also had an unforced fumble at the goal one that cost them 7. It was a 41-38 game early in the 4th.

image.png.6f13a047766712f6928bb7b283cb3eef.png

That highlighted portion of this is the only time that game was ever in doubt.

There was a good athletic article discussing how rampant "legal" sign stealing is including an interview with an anonymous sign stealer at another program.  Essentially that if you put in the work and teams don't consistently switch it up, your signs will get stolen (while also acknowledging what Michigan did would make his job infinitely easier and was crossing the line).  He also said when they think someone has their signs they move to wristbands with play calls which negates the advantage. 

Takes me back to that TCU game last year. Doesn't it seem like they had our signs?  They shut our offense down to a level nobody else came close to.  I always assumed Jared Wiley likely helped them and reading that article reminded me of that game.  Of course, it that did happen, it's really on Sark for not being prepared for it.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Well, that’s on them for not getting the sign that they were going to fumble the ball.  They didn’t do a good enough job getting signs help from the Pope.

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

There is so much that is wrong about this. No one at the university wants harbaugh gone. He is great for michigan. As far as the fast tracking.... Michigan has 90 days to respond to any notice from the ncaa, which means they do not even have to respond to the complaint until after the playoff is over. 

One guy who works for Eastern Michigan is the person who hates Harbaugh, he graduated from Michigan. Harbaugh is always a net positive for Michigan as long as he is there. He bought himself a ton of good faith by taking the pay cut, and then donating all of his bonuses to staffers impacted by covid. He will be at Michigan for as long as he wants to be. 

We will see.  He's great for the university until he get's them nailed.  Michigan isn"t aggy or Baylor, nor do they want a 2 year ban from playoffs, especially with the expanded coming next year.  This isn't a little infraction.  This could set Michigan back worse then the App St fiasco did. 

41 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

It was alleged. Whether anyone checked Flight Radar or not, I don't know.

Keep in mind, 0U's DC at the time was Venables.

2 minutes ago, John80 said:

I want to see how Michigan's QB performs against Penn State and Ohio State when you aren't cheating. Those are the two schools with similar talent levels.

Have you seen him play? He’s got wheels and a legit cannon. Former 5 star recruit, everything points to him just being a really good QB. 

The real test is how their defense does. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Funny that this quarterback threw three interceptions against Bowling fucking Green earlier this season.

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Not sure Michigan fans have grasped this yet. To college football fans their program is dirty as fuck now. That doesn’t wash off quickly or easily. Ask SMU and Baylor. 

Even Penn State tried taking showers and that still didn’t work for them. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

You do know that SEC stands for Surely Everyone Cheats, right?

You've been here for a long time. You surely understand the Texas fan's perspective on some level. Ripping on the Big 10 or a particular school and comparing that to another conference or school is in no way our way of showing favor. We hate all of you fucking assholes. We're going to the SEC for money and power. Same as it ever was. There will be no spirit of camaraderie and no new positive bias towards how most of us see that conference or the largely backwater schools and fanbases inside of it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You've been here for a long time. You surely understand the Texas fan's perspective on some level. Ripping on the Big 10 or a particular school and comparing that to another conference or school is in no way our way of showing favor. We hate all of you fucking assholes. We're going to the SEC for money and power. Same as it ever was. There will be no spirit of camaraderie and no new positive bias towards how most of us see that conference or the largely backwater schools and fanbases inside of it.

Yeah, I get the perspective and it wasn't a dig at Texas but at the ways of the SEC in general.

15 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

And here I thought we were going to the SEC because we were sick and tired of getting screwed by the conference whose weight we carried.

I tried to keep it brief. There are many reasons and you cite a good one. Being in a conference where we weren't the only two blue bloods was certainly attractive to Texas and OU as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I tried to keep it brief. There are many reasons and you cite a good one. Being in a conference where we weren't the only two blue bloods was certainly attractive to Texas and OU as well.

Be nice to just be another opponent for most of our conference mates and not their season-defining game.

Somebody has a serious hard-on for Harbaugh (obviously the NCAA, but someone outside).  The dude must have pissed off everyone in the coaching world and killed some powerful leader’s puppy. The normal line of thinking is, sensitive information doesn’t just get out unless someone wants it out. For sure the “fan” is a complete moron the way he went about things, but the speed AND the depth of the information leakage makes me think this goes beyond just cheating.

Harbaugh is seriously boned as far as collegiate coaching goes, Michigan will sacrifice him in an effort to save the “Harvard of the West” rep. Will an NFL team scoop him up? Hell, Belichick is still coaching, so…

19 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

KU hoops was basically complete lack of institutional control and they barely got slapped on the wrist.  UM will be fine.  Hope I’m wrong   

Maybe they give Baylor the death penalty and alls well that ends well.  

For a dirty Sooner piece of shit, you’re a pretty good guy.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan