Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

And just like the know-nothing idiots dismissing steroids as irrelevant, those of us that understand this shit is a big deal know that the morons dismissing it are flatly on the wrong side of history. These fuckers have tilted the game in ways that fuck with the very fabric of it. 

I wish the league would have threw their hands in the air 20 years ag and said F-it:  Do all the steroids you want and if you want to switch to aluminum bats, go ahead.  Third base players would be the highest paid since they would be in the hospital the most. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch Michigan fans call for Harbaugh to be canned after their team reverts back to their pre-cheating performance. Their recruiting hasn't kept up with the elites as of late. I am not convinced they would be a very good team right now without the cheating. I predict they will lose at least 2 games this season and more next season.

7 minutes ago, Juicy said:

The rule is the rule. Staffers can't attend games. The staffer didn't attend games. I am sorry that offends people but pushing the limits of the rule seems to be pretty common. I guess we will see what the ncaa ultimately rules, but its a spirit of the law letter of the law situation. 

So where does it say it has to be a staffer?

11.6 Scouting of Opponents.
11.6.1 Off-Campus, In-Person Scouting Prohibition. Off-campus, in-person scouting of future opponents (in the
same season) is prohibited, except as provided in Bylaws 11.6.1.1 and 11.6.1.2. (Adopted: 1/11/94 effective 8/1/94, Revised:
1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, 1/19/13 effective 8/1/13, 1/15/14)

11.6.1.1 Exception -- Same Event at the Same Site. An institutional staff member may scout future opponents also
participating in the same event at the same site. (Revised: 1/11/94 effective 8/1/94, 10/28/97 effective 8/1/98, 1/19/13 effective
8/1/13, 9/19/13, 2/7/20, 6/30/21 effective 8/1/21)

11.6.1.2 Exception -- Conference or NCAA Championships. An institutional staff member may attend a contest in
the institution's conference championship or an NCAA championship contest in which a future opponent participates (e.g.,
an opponent on the institution's spring nonchampionship-segment schedule participates in a fall conference or NCAA
championship). (Adopted: 1/15/14, Revised: 2/7/20, 6/30/21 effective 8/1/21)

So where in that does it say it has to be a staffer instead of someone being paid by the staffer?

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, Juicy said:

What a fucking snowflake. Oh he has a different opinion than me, I need to cry about it and let everyone know! I feel sorry for your family, snowflake. 

You're doing it to yourself. I told you 20 pages ago that if you were going to show up here to fuck with the discussion, it was going to be a problem. Just assume that most people posting here aren't going to fall for or allow the idiotic junior high rhetorical tactics that you keep deploying and you'll be fine. You know what you're doing. If you want to be banished to Surly Tarturus, have at it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

You're doing it to yourself. I told you 20 pages ago that if you were going to show up here to fuck with the discussion, it was going to be a problem. Just assume that most people posting here aren't going to fall for or allow the idiotic junior high rhetorical tactics that you keep deploying and you'll be fine. You know what you're doing. If you want to be banished to Surly Tarturus, have at it. 

What exactly is the problem? That I have a different opinion than you? Or that I am not going to let some random clickbait articles dictate the way I feel about something? I get that you are really high on your horse but serious question. Are you that sensitive that you can't stand someone to have a different opinion? Literally anyone who has said they didnt think this was a big deal you immediately attack with some bullshit about how great you are. 

• Fuck You 12

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So where does it say it has to be a staffer?

So where in that does it say it has to be a staffer instead of someone being paid by the staffer?

Staffer or not, the information is making it back to the coaches on the field and is being weaponized against other teams to such an extent that virtually the entire conference has turned against them

What exactly is the problem? That I have a different opinion than you? Or that I am not going to let some random clickbait articles dictate the way I feel about something? I get that you are really high on your horse but serious question. Are you that sensitive that you can't stand someone to have a different opinion? Literally anyone who has said they didnt think this was a big deal you immediately attack with some bullshit about how great you are. 

You're an idiot. It's fine to have the take that the NCAA is a joke and is powerless to do anything, or that the big 10 wouldnt dare do anything for now. But to straight up hand wave it away and act like its actually nbd is clown ass shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're an idiot. It's fine to have the take that the NCAA is a joke and is powerless to do anything, or that the big 10 wouldnt dare do anything for now. But to straight up hand wave it away and act like its actually nbd is clown ass shit.

This is why it is no big deal to me. The Astros still have their World Series banner and their rings. IMO if it was a big deal the NCAA would do something about it. A token fine shows me that the NCAA feels about it the same way I do, not that big of a deal. 

The NCAA could have stopped situations like this from happening by allowing headsets in helmets at any point. The fact that they still haven't done it lends credence to the fact that they already said stealing signs was not a major competitive advantage

Edited by Juicy
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

This is not a difference of opinion - this is one side willfully ignoring, obfuscating, and outright dismissing evidence and allegation's for the "home team" because it's not a "big deal" 

This is why it is no big deal to me. The Astros still have their World Series banner and their rings. IMO if it was a big deal the NCAA would do something about it. A token fine shows me that the NCAA feels about it the same way I do, not that big of a deal. 

The investigation is not over on numerous issues, so dont start counting chickens just yet.  No idea what MLB and the NCAA have in common on your unrelated comparison .

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This is not a difference of opinion - this is one side willfully ignoring, obfuscating, and outright dismissing evidence and allegation's for the "home team" because it's not a "big deal" 

I thought this was america. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

The NCAA could have stopped situations like this from happening by allowing headsets in helmets at any point. The fact that they still haven't done it lends credence to the fact that they already said stealing signs was not a major competitive advantage

You'd have the exact opposite opinion if Ohio St did it. That's what makes you a clown.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I say leave Juicy alone. I appreciate having other teams' fans and perspectives here, even if I think their takes are iditioc at times.

Juicy is being blindly obtuse on this, as are some other posters. Some Longhorn fans would act the same if it were Texas, though I think most of us would not. It is clear that Michigan took this way farther than any CFB program we are aware of. I am hoping positive change comes to the NCAA as a result.

I also hope it ends with Brent Venables being banned from CFB for being a cheating piece of shit.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I guess my biggest problem is that I can't figure out whether you are actually dumb enough to believe the shit you're saying or if I'm right in thinking that you're running interference in this thread and carrying water for Michigan here on purpose because you don't like the discussion. 

Outside of that, I have no problem. You're a gnat on this board's ass if you keep it up. You'll be gone in hours. That won't be because I'm a big meanie. It will be because you're a tedious shitheel that we all got tired of seeing insert himself into the news and updates and genuine dialogue with his what-abouting and JAQing off. 

Also, one of the things I do get thrown at me a lot on this board and in real life is how sensitive I am. You've got me straight. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You'd have the exact opposite opinion if Ohio St did it. That's what makes you a clown.

And you would have the exact opposite opinion if texas did this. It is why fan is short for fanatic. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I guess my biggest problem is that I can't figure out whether you are actually dumb enough to believe the shit you're saying or if I'm right in thinking that you're running interference in this thread and carrying water for Michigan here on purpose because you don't like the discussion. 

Outside of that, I have no problem. You're a gnat on this board's ass if you keep it up. You'll be gone in hours. That won't be because I'm a big meanie. It will be because you're a tedious shitheel that we all got tired of seeing insert himself into the news and updates and genuine dialogue with his what-abouting and JAQing off. 

Also, one of the things I do get thrown at me a lot on this board and in real life is how sensitive I am. You've got me straight. 

I must be the biggest dumbass in history, because I don't understand how continuing the conversation regardless of the side runs interference. The conversation is still here. It isn't like I am posting old box scores or completely unrelated shit to get people to ignore the sign stealing saga. Fans support their team. This isn't the fucking cloak room, no one is carrying water for anyone. 

• Fuck You 4

On 10/27/2023 at 4:54 PM, Helobious said:

If you’re a betting person bet your entire life on Purdue beating Michigan next week. Purdue eats top 5 teams for lunch, and with all this distraction swirling it just makes perfect sense. 

This makes taking Michigan and laying the points as much of a sure thing as you’re ever going to find in the sports betting world. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I say leave Juicy alone. I appreciate having other teams' fans and perspectives here, even if I think their takes are iditioc at times.

Juicy is being blindly obtuse on this, as are some other posters. Some Longhorn fans would act the same if it were Texas, though I think most of us would not. It is clear that Michigan took this way farther than any CFB program we are aware of. I am hoping positive change comes to the NCAA as a result.

Here's the issue. I, and many others here, experienced this kind of story unfolding for a team that we were/are passionate about when it all happened with the Astros. I know how I would react, because it already happened. It's embarrassing. I'll take the bragging rights and the title experience, but I also understand that what they did was corrupt and took sign stealing to a level that cannot be defended.

So when I hear shit about 2017 while wearing Astros gear, I'll give it right back to someone, but what I won't do, and what I have mocked many times, is try to equivocate about it or defend it.

I can't abandon a team I grew up rooting for because of that level of shit that they pull. I already lost the Oilers. Wherever the line is drawn for me and many others in terms of what it would take for me to be out is somewhere between this kind of shit and the institutionalized horrific shit that was done to humans in various places. I now know that, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate why what happened angers so many other fans and they feel jilted about that period. 

Is that what Juicy is doing? No. There is a ton of data that has been produced. There is solid math pointing to long term corruption. There are real journalists covering this, citing sources, getting fact-checked and being validated. As a fan, he doesn't need more information to take a position that is defensible here as a Michigan fan. But he can't do that, largely because he's a fuckhead with no humility about his program no matter what shit they pull and cannot be rational or thoughtful about them while doing so. It's meathead shit and worthy of derision. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Juicy said:

And you would have the exact opposite opinion if texas did this. It is why fan is short for fanatic. 

As I just posted, no, most of us here would not be doing what you're doing. We know that for a fact. 

It is unbelievable to me how wrong I was about Michigan's worldview. I always thought of them as similar to us when it comes to cheating. But no, not just here with Juicy, but with Michigan callers and media water-carriers, they're all pulling the old OU/SEC "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' " mantra. It's kind of stunning. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, closetojumping said:

Is that what Juicy is doing? No. There is a ton of data that has been produced. There is solid math pointing to long term corruption. There are real journalists covering this, citing sources, getting fact-checked and being validated. As a fan, he doesn't need more information to take a position that is defensible here as a Michigan fan. But he can't do that, largely because he's a fuckhead with no humility about his program no matter what shit they pull and cannot be rational or thoughtful about them while doing so. It's meathead shit and worthy of derision. 

I don't disagree that it is worthy of derision. He is just deflecting. He certainly grasps that it makes Harbaugh look like an even bigger autistic freak than we already knew he was.

I just see Juicy as a shaggy/surly institution not unlike Mr. Phlegm or Randolph Duke, both of whom are most likely currently living IN an institution. He is who he is.

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't disagree that it is worthy of derision. He is just deflecting. He certainly grasps that it makes Harbaugh look like an even bigger autistic freak than we already knew he was.

I just see Juicy as a shaggy/surly institution not unlike Mr. Phlegm or Randolph Duke, both of whom are most likely currently living IN an institution. He is who he is.

I haven't declared jihad on the guy, personally. All he has to do is stop being willfully ignorant and show a smidgeon of objectivity, or just shut the fuck up about it.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here's the issue. I, and many others here, experienced this kind of story unfolding for a team that we were/are passionate about when it all happened with the Astros. I know how I would react, because it already happened. It's embarrassing. I'll take the bragging rights and the title experience, but I also understand that what they did was corrupt and took sign stealing to a level that cannot be defended.

This is exactly what I am doing. I have admitted multiple times that this story fucking sucks to deal with. But go out and win games and shut everyone up about it. Asterisk or whatever, for the rest of the season go out and win, no one is going to be able to say they kept stealing signs after this. So go do it on the field. 

Yes this sucks, it is embarrassing, but also, I don't give a shit if they win. If the completely collapse and can't beat a pathetic penn state team, or the worst buckeyes team in 10 years, then it will damn sure look like the only reason they did beat them was the sign thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fwiw, you are very likely the only Astro fan in the world that feels this way. Spend some time on the baseball board. Not a single one of the astro fans thinks Houston did anything wrong at all. 

I think what Michigan did was wrong. I don’t know that it was clearly explicitly against the rules, I need more evidence to form an opinion. I also think people are overrating how bad Michigan was before this was alleged to have started. Harbaugh had three 10 win seasons and one 9 win season in the 5 years before 2020 (which is a useless season to count). It’s not like them taking a step forward after hiring new coordinators was impossible to imagine. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Fwiw, you are very likely the only Astro fan in the world that feels this way. Spend some time on the baseball board. Not a single one of the astro fans thinks Houston did anything wrong at all. 

I think what Michigan did was wrong. I don’t know that it was clearly explicitly against the rules, I need more evidence to form an opinion. I also think people are overrating how bad Michigan was before this was alleged to have started. Harbaugh had three 10 win seasons and one 9 win season in the 5 years before 2020 (which is a useless season to count). It’s not like them taking a step forward after hiring new coordinators was impossible to imagine. 

I hate myself for responding to this because I know these thoughts just drift into the idiot abyss, but so be it. 

I'm on the baseball board. I also live in Houston. You are confusing the belief that what the Astros did didn't change the outcome of that season with the idea that Houston didn't do anything wrong. The majority of people I read and talk to see it similar to the way I do, and absolutely know that the shit they pulled was corrupt and not just "everyone steals signs in baseball, that's sportsmanship!" 

As to your take about Harbaugh being good at Michigan before the cheating, you're just wrong. 10 win seasons aren't enough at a blue blood. 9 wins sure as shit aren't. Will you take them? Sure. Given the last 13 years, 10 wins this year, just like in 2018, can be rationalized for a blue blood fanbase on some mediocre level. But Harbaugh was clearly not advancing beyond that. It got to the point that the guy had to renegotiate his deal due to performance in order to get an extension. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

The Stalions are favored by 31 against Purdue this week.  I wonder if the cheating revelations have impacted the line at all.  Purdue probably isn't the greatest litmus test.

Michigan doesn’t need to know Purdue’s play calls to cover that spread. Purdue is dreadful, the weasels are pissed, and Harbaugh won’t hesitate to run up the score. It’s a night game at the big house and Michigan has had two weeks to prepare. Purdue, who is coming off a double-digit loss at Nebraska, of all places, is walking into a buzzsaw. 

If Juicy is a t-shirt fan his stance makes perfect sense. If he is an alum, holy fuck. I would care if my alma mater's reputation suddenly torpedoed itself and call for some heads in the hopes of restoring it. Maybe they wouldn't listen, but why have a known scumbag cheater as the face of your school? Damn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

If he is an alum, holy fuck. I would care if my alma mater's reputation suddenly torpedoed

This.  I obviously am a fan of and love Ohio State athletics but I'm far more proud of the work being done at the Stephanie Spielman Comprehensive Breast Cancer Center than anything done by a sports team.

• Hook 'Em 1

I guess this kinda seems simple to me. I think/hope if I were a Michigan alum I would say “I went to Michigan. I did not go to Harbaugh.  If the football/basketball/baseball/equestrian/meat judging head coach sufficiently embarrasses Michigan he has to go.  That’s it.  Don’t care how good he is, how coveted he is, how big a legacy he is, or how much it hurts. “

I mean, I get football>basketball and orders of magnitude and difference in type of accusation and all that, but see Chris Beard.

I do admit that feeling like that coach was in process of absolutely owning ou would make it hurt a lot more.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Michigan doesn’t need to know Purdue’s play calls to cover that spread. Purdue is dreadful, the weasels are pissed, and Harbaugh won’t hesitate to run up the score. It’s a night game at the big house and Michigan has had two weeks to prepare. Purdue, who is coming off a double-digit loss at Nebraska, of all places, is walking into a buzzsaw. 
My book has it at -32 though.

35 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

If Juicy is a t-shirt fan his stance makes perfect sense. If he is an alum, holy fuck. I would care if my alma mater's reputation suddenly torpedoed itself and call for some heads in the hopes of restoring it. Maybe they wouldn't listen, but why have a known scumbag cheater as the face of your school? Damn.

If he's an alum, Michigan has some really low admission standards.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 10/26/2023 at 5:19 PM, USC_TMB said:

Somebody has a serious hard-on for Harbaugh (obviously the NCAA, but someone outside).  The dude must have pissed off everyone in the coaching world and killed some powerful leader’s puppy. The normal line of thinking is, sensitive information doesn’t just get out unless someone wants it out. For sure the “fan” is a complete moron the way he went about things, but the speed AND the depth of the information leakage makes me think this goes beyond just cheating.

Harbaugh is seriously boned as far as collegiate coaching goes, Michigan will sacrifice him in an effort to save the “Harvard of the West” rep. Will an NFL team scoop him up? Hell, Belichick is still coaching, so…

Not outside. Inside. Surprised no one has addressed this yet. Michigan insider John U. Bacon was a guest on Bobby Carpenter’s Columbus radio show last week and he pointed at Michigan alum/booster and Minnesota Vikings minority owner Jim Stapleton as being the leaker. He said he hates Harbaugh and blackballed him as a candidate for the Vikings’ coaching job. He’s a former regent for Eastern Michigan University and is currently on the NCAA infractions committee. Bacon isn’t the sort to make up anything out of whole cloth so it’s a good bet that his allegation is at least credible.

You can lists to his interview here:
https://www.971thefan.com/episode/john-u-bacon-johnubacon-michigan-author-10-25-23/

11 minutes ago, woohorn said:
38 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

My book has it at -32 though.

It will probably move farther. 

• Like 1

Most posters here only think about Ohio State - Michigan once a year when the game is on.  The last 20 years completely broke Michigan's brains and legitimized in their minds any and all tactics Harbaugh employed to turn the series around.  The Michigan fanbase would have reacted entirely different if this story broke in 2000.  

98 November 24, 2001 Ann Arbor Ohio State 26–20
99 November 23, 2002 Columbus No. 2 Ohio State 14–9
100 November 22, 2003 Ann Arbor No. 5 Michigan 35–21
101 November 20, 2004 Columbus Ohio State 37–21
102 November 19, 2005 Ann Arbor No. 9 Ohio State 25–21
103 November 18, 2006 Columbus No. 1 Ohio State 42–39
104 November 17, 2007 Ann Arbor No. 7 Ohio State 14–3
105 November 22, 2008 Columbus No. 10 Ohio State 42–7
106 November 21, 2009 Ann Arbor No. 9 Ohio State 21–10
107 November 27, 2010 Columbus No. 12 Ohio State† 37–7
108 November 26, 2011 Ann Arbor No. 15 Michigan 40–34
109 November 24, 2012 Columbus No. 4 Ohio State 26–21
110 November 30, 2013 Ann Arbor No. 3 Ohio State 42–41
111 November 29, 2014 Columbus No. 6 Ohio State 42–28
112 November 28, 2015 Ann Arbor No. 8 Ohio State 42–13
113 November 26, 2016 Columbus No. 2 Ohio State 30–272OT
114 November 25, 2017 Ann Arbor No. 9 Ohio State 31–20
115 November 24, 2018 Columbus No. 10 Ohio State 62–39
116 November 30, 2019 Ann Arbor No. 1 Ohio State 56–27

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Most posters here only think about Ohio State - Michigan once a year when the game is on.  The last 20 years completely broke Michigan's brains and legitimized in their minds any and all tactics Harbaugh employed to turn the series around.  The Michigan fanbase would have reacted entirely different if this story broke in 2000.  

98 November 24, 2001 Ann Arbor Ohio State 26–20
99 November 23, 2002 Columbus No. 2 Ohio State 14–9
100 November 22, 2003 Ann Arbor No. 5 Michigan 35–21
101 November 20, 2004 Columbus Ohio State 37–21
102 November 19, 2005 Ann Arbor No. 9 Ohio State 25–21
103 November 18, 2006 Columbus No. 1 Ohio State 42–39
104 November 17, 2007 Ann Arbor No. 7 Ohio State 14–3
105 November 22, 2008 Columbus No. 10 Ohio State 42–7
106 November 21, 2009 Ann Arbor No. 9 Ohio State 21–10
107 November 27, 2010 Columbus No. 12 Ohio State† 37–7
108 November 26, 2011 Ann Arbor No. 15 Michigan 40–34
109 November 24, 2012 Columbus No. 4 Ohio State 26–21
110 November 30, 2013 Ann Arbor No. 3 Ohio State 42–41
111 November 29, 2014 Columbus No. 6 Ohio State 42–28
112 November 28, 2015 Ann Arbor No. 8 Ohio State 42–13
113 November 26, 2016 Columbus No. 2 Ohio State 30–272OT
114 November 25, 2017 Ann Arbor No. 9 Ohio State 31–20
115 November 24, 2018 Columbus No. 10 Ohio State 62–39
116 November 30, 2019 Ann Arbor No. 1 Ohio State 56–27

Absolutely. Look at that chart it is insanity that "the greatest" rivalry in college football was that one sided. For 20 years I would get so hyped up every morning, get ready and think there was a chance. Then just dick punched for 18 of 20 years.  That 2018 and 2019 game really put it over the top. Yeah there were some whoopings when Michigan wasn't that good under cHoke and DickRod but to see Ohio state put up 108 points in 2 games was gross. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

I know they aren't equivalent sins, but I believe the Beard stuff less than a year ago can guide you on how most of us would feel and expect that hypothetical situation get handled.

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Could this keep an undefeated UM out of CFP?

The B1G conference commissioner has the authority to keep a member out of the post season I think.  Next question is would he.  You have 12 B1G members who are mad enough to raise a stink about Michigans chicanery and you'd think they'd tell the commish to drop a ban hammer.  On the other hand, money.

The more I think about it the more I think Michigan won't fire him in-season and the B1G won't ban them.  They'll wait for the NCAA to investigate for 18 months or whatever then deal with the repercussions then.

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan