Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Central Michigan’s head coach Jim McElwain addressed photos that appear to show Connor Stalions on CMU sideline. Saw this on Cowherd’s show. Jim McElwain said Connor’s name wasn’t on any of the passes and they are trying to get to the bottom of it. Pictures (this is tailor made for SNL):

IMG_7864.jpeg

IMG_7865.jpeg

IMG_7866.jpeg

All respect due to our Surly Jarheads, and whether the pics are or are not Stalions, the guy just flat doesn't look like anyone I ever knew who had - or mighta had - the birdie on a ball somewhere on his body. You go to USNA, you owe six years active Navy or Marine Corps when you graduate. From the brief bios I've seen, that's what he did. Four in school, six after is ten - I'm not certain, but I've got a hard time believing that qualifies as "retirement" service. I guess it sounds better than "quit", though.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Ummm... the shields I've noticed are keeping fans on their own side from seeing. If the blocks were in front, their own players wouldn't see. 

Regardless, the TCU - Meatchicken result is more meaningful than all of the sideline and camera bullshit put together. It's too bad for the Frogs that UGA didn't steal their signs.

I’m don’t understand the Shield thing precisely because all the signs being given by the coaches/players are directed to the field and not the crowd behind sideline.  And if someone is bent on stealing signs, they are going to sit opposite somewhere with binoculars have full view.     Really they look stupid out there, IMO 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I’m don’t understand the Shield thing precisely because all the signs being given by the coaches/players are directed to the field and not the crowd behind sideline.  And if someone is bent on stealing signs, they are going to sit opposite somewhere with binoculars have full view.     Really they look stupid out there, IMO 

Ed Zachary

5 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Maybe the shields are used when pressbox is behind the sideline so a spotter in the coaches box with binoculars can't get a good view?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Perhaps someone w/ a really good camera could take pictures/videos of the play sheets at the same time as the signs are being sent to the players.  And it could possibly result in less time for decrypting... Just a random thought.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Maybe the shields are used when pressbox is behind the sideline so a spotter in the coaches box with binoculars can't get a good view?

That's right, for the current game, but it doesn't seem likely that future opponents would be in your pressbox. They'd have to buy tickets in the opposite stands, and bring a camera with a decent telephoto lens, and... oh, wait...

29 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

They also serve to form a solid "background" to make it easier for the signals to be seen by the players

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

Looks like he is saying "Run right" and then the DC calls his alignment...

Stalions: “run right” Minter: “ ___ zero blitz” *repeated* OSU runs the ball right. Everyone on UM defense but the CB’s in Man 2 Man Blitz. Hard to run the ball against that D!

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

All respect due to our Surly Jarheads, and whether the pics are or are not Stalions, the guy just flat doesn't look like anyone I ever knew who had - or mighta had - the birdie on a ball somewhere on his body. You go to USNA, you owe six years active Navy or Marine Corps when you graduate. From the brief bios I've seen, that's what he did. Four in school, six after is ten - I'm not certain, but I've got a hard time believing that qualifies as "retirement" service. I guess it sounds better than "quit", though.

Time as an academy Midshipman doesn't count as time in service. He did his initial commitment and "got out", as we call it. You are correct on that not qualifying as a "retirement". That word implies one did at least the full 20 years of service and received the retirement benefits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

It’s a 5 years active duty requirement after you graduate. And after learning Adam Driver was a marine I’ll believe anyone was one. They aren’t all hulks. 

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Imagine being a player for UM and your draft stock plummets because people are wondering if you can actually play or did you just know the play ahead of time. 

Imagine letting these fuckhead cheaters in the playoffs

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

It’s a 5 years active duty requirement after you graduate. And after learning Adam Driver was a marine I’ll believe anyone was one. They aren’t all hulks. 

I have a couple of family members who graduated from USNA and one from USMA. I would swear their obligations were eight years, with six active and two ready reserve. Those were all last century, so it either changed or my recall is faulty.

5 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Time as an academy Midshipman doesn't count as time in service. He did his initial commitment and "got out", as we call it. You are correct on that not qualifying as a "retirement". That word implies one did at least the full 20 years of service and received the retirement benefits.

I'm pretty sure it counts for purposes of retirement calculation, although not for anything that refers specifically to "officer" time. Twenty-year retirees get - or used to get - half of current pay for their retirement rank, and thirty year guys get - or got - three-quarters. Not a bad thing. But ten years? Nah. 

FWIW, I played college football on the defensive side at a major D1 program (walk-on with some PT, not a real guy, though!).

There seems to be a thread here where the media, who has an obvious interest in keeping a story going, and internet people are making a big deal of this.

And with rare exception, most former players, former coaches, and current coaches without a vested interest are like "sign stealing, yeah, we've done it, they've done it. It's part of the game." For my part, I can say that against pretty much every team we played in the early 2000s, we had their signs and we also practiced until we got their favorite base 5-10 plays down cold.

So I don't see the big deal. Good on Meatchicken for being good at what everyone does. The only way I think Michigan meaningfully gets hurt on this is if the NCAA trumps up some sort of technicality.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 10

7 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I'm pretty sure it counts for purposes of retirement calculation, although not for anything that refers specifically to "officer" time. Twenty-year retirees get - or used to get - half of current pay for their retirement rank, and thirty year guys get - or got - three-quarters. Not a bad thing. But ten years? Nah. 

I wish it did, but it doesn’t. My time in service counter started when I graduated. There are some perks that being an academy grad gives you (lineal number bump for promotion), but a four year head start would be way too unfair in front of our ROTC counterparts.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, choripan said:

FWIW, I played college football on the defensive side at a major D1 program (walk-on with some PT, not a real guy, though!).

There seems to be a thread here where the media, who has an obvious interest in keeping a story going, and internet people are making a big deal of this.

And with rare exception, most former players, former coaches, and current coaches without a vested interest are like "sign stealing, yeah, we've done it, they've done it. It's part of the game." For my part, I can say that against pretty much every team we played in the early 2000s, we had their signs and we also practiced until we got their favorite base 5-10 plays down cold.

So I don't see the big deal. Good on Meatchicken for being good at what everyone does. The only way I think Michigan meaningfully gets hurt on this is if the NCAA trumps up some sort of technicality.

So we're just supposed to ignore this very convenient coincidence of Harbaugh going from hot seat, not being able to beat his main rivals, not winning his conference, and being a disappointment(reworked contract to give back money to the school...who the fuck does that?) to being dominant AFTER the sign stealing began? Then losing to shit ass TCU? Give me a break.

• Hook 'Em 8

Who did your team send to other games to record video of the signals of your future opponents?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

People are now going back through old game film and looking for Wild Stallion and what hes doing/who he is interacting with...

There will be too much stuff from TV to get away that nobody knew anything or at should have known..

Shit, Harbough is right there in that clip to hear. lol

This isn't just sign stealing within the confines of a game you dumb mother fucker. How do you even conflate the two? It's a clear obvious advantage judging from the results of the spread before and after for Michigan. 

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This isn't just sign stealing within the confines of a game you dumb mother fucker. How do you even conflate the two? It's a clear obvious advantage judging from the results of the spread before and after for Michigan. 

It has to be intentional obfuscation at this point.

Can't tell you how many people I've seen on various boards defend Michigan using this technique.

"Look I've got experience with football and this  <proceeds to describe normal sign stealing> is done all the time. <Other comments about it that carefully ignores all of the actual rule breaking> I don't think this is a big deal. It's just being blown out of proportion by people who don't know football like me."

• Hook 'Em 3

Exactly

What's the big deal? Michigan just cheated to go outside of the rules and cheat by sending people to future opponents games and stealing the signs with hidden cameras hiding on sidelines! 

The NCAA is going to trump up a cheating technicality just for breaking the rules and cheating?!?

Everyone does it! Schools like uh... Such as... Uh 

Michigan is just better at it! How can you punish a team for cheating just for cheating?!??!!

• Haha 1

Just now, TheAuditor said:

Yep,  none of the big10 coaches seems to think it's a big deal,  and they are in theory in D1 football.  

Oh wait,  what's that?  That's bullshit and they do think it's a big deal and they want the B10 Commish to act?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38798293/big-ten-coaches-urge-conference-take-action-michigan-sign-stealing-emotional-call

You didn't walk on and get some PT though....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

They want the conference to act so they can get rid of a competitor, not because they’re morally outraged. 

but but but CHEATERS.

The playoff committee already said they would decide it on the field. I would hate it if the B1G didn't let Michigan play for a conference championship. But it would be a real conundrum to see what happens with an undefeated Michigan vs a 1 loss (to Michigan) Ohio State B1G "champion" Especially if Ohio State loses by double digits again.  

Everything has played out in the media, let the actual investigation happen and see what the results are. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Fuck You 6

If you dont punish Michigan for this then there are officially no rules. Nobody will ever follow any rule ever again because why the fuck would they. It will devolve into chaos.

It's almost as if it would be a smart idea to, i dunno, have a functioning governing body that can regulate rules and prevent cheaters from ruining the integrity of the game. And no this isnt some moral stance. Its the simple fact that gambling is actively promoted now and that people with inside knowledge can make a ton of money if they know a program is going above and beyond the normal procedures for sign stealing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

43 minutes ago, alincoln said:

What I found funny was 12 of 13 teams we’re about to pinpoint Stallions buying tickets…

So my question was who was 13? Who didn’t rate scouting? Or was he scouting at CMU game from the sidelines so no need to send him to Michigan State…. Or was it Rutgers because, well Rutgers…

My guess is the B10 is trying to delay as much  as possible hoping they lose so they can then “conclude” their investigation and suspend them…. They just don’t want to kill the golden CFP goose and instead will wait till either they don’t have value anymore or they don’t have a choice…

I would be ready for a Grant Teaf goodbye game level fucking by refs if I was Michigan…

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So my question was who was 13? Who didn’t rate scouting? Or was he scouting at CMU game from the sidelines so no need to send him to Michigan State…. Or was it Rutgers because, well Rutgers…

I'd assume Indiana or Northwestern only because one is Indiana and they haven't played Northwestern since 2021.

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

What I found funny was 12 of 13 teams we’re about to pinpoint Stallions buying tickets…

Wisconsin is the 13th team, but only because they don't have full access to the records sold from SeatGeek so they simply don't have proof.

I have a honest question, if saban or kirby had to actually recruit instead of cheating their balls off would they be as successful? Do we have a couple more titles if we don't lose players to cheating ass paying programs over the last 25 years or so? I don't understand why the cheating has to be so obvious for anybody to do something about it. Michigan should pay, but so should every other cheating slimy shit hook program. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, John80 said:

The other B10 are schools are right to want punishment and I don't care what their motivation is. I always wondered what "Michigan Man" meant and now I know it means brazen cheater

It’s the equivalent of an “aggy never lies cheats or steals” or whatever bullshit phrase they hide behind

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan