Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

34 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Once again another dipshit conflating stealing signs within the confines of the game to a an all out scouting scheme of recording and syncing signals to film. Michigan's performance vs spread before and after scheme started says it matters.

The bolded is you.....so fucking stupid for even typing out that dogshit paragraph. 

I am intentionally conflating them because they are the same fucking thing. Of course it matters. Why is it illegal?

• Fuck You 10

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

I am intentionally conflating them because they are the same fucking thing. Of course it matters. Why is it illegal?

Because it's unfair. 

If you have teams sending guys to all your games to steal your signs, you are going to have to spend twice as much time trying to change all your signs than fucking learning the plays and practicing. 

Teams shouldn't have to come up with the most elaborate confusing shit on Earth to keep meatchicken from stealing the calls. 

It only worked out for TCU because they knew and had WEEKS to practice and change everything. Other teams don't have that luxury week to week. 

It was against the rules for a reason. Everyone agrees to abide by those rules, except meatchicken. Fuck them. 

Also, it's not the same thing, you stupid fucker.

One thing is within the rules of the game, the thing meatchicken is doing is against the rules. It's a huge scandal for a reason. 

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So I’m reading this rube’s drunkstumble into this thread with his equivocations.  I’m like “this is a new guy. geez. “ Then I see that he’s got plenty of posts and rep. I’ve never seen the handle. 

Then I checked his activity. Shockingly, he’s a Cloak Roomer who pops out of that shithole every now and then to post about the NBA and neg other posters on random sports threads. 

Fucking Cloak Room. 

He's mad mad.

image.thumb.png.962f1552453e0c6c6d55d72416c3e1d9.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

So I’m reading this rube’s drunkstumble into this thread with his equivocations.  I’m like “this is a new guy. geez. “ Then I see that he’s got plenty of posts and rep. I’ve never seen the handle. 

Then I checked his activity. Shockingly, he’s a Cloak Roomer who pops out of that shithole every now and then to post about the NBA and neg other posters on random sports threads. 

Fucking Cloak Room. 

Can you show us where the Clock Room touched you? Do you enjoy just making shit up? I looked at his last 4 pages of his posts because I am procrastinating on making a chart for work and 27% of his posts are in CR. He's a fucking idiot to be sure but he has more posts in both Football (proving the fucking idiot part) and basketball than CR. CR doesn't claim him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

I feel the same about this as I do about sign stealing in baseball or any sport. It makes no sense for this to be illegal. One team can communicate with secret signals but the other team can't try to figure out the system? So stupid. You can watch hours and hours of video of players from dozens of angles but you can't watch the coaches? So stupid.

Boombox Shut Up GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Parliament said:

The NFL has suggested they'll respect an NCAA show cause.  I doubt that, but it's out there.

I don't know, I think they might. The current, negative-publicity averse league office is probably having nightmares where the number one story heading into next season is Las Vegas hiring a coach that was drummed out of the college game for systemic cheating.

Edited by ultimaton

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Now, you should probably get back to that mediocre graphic you're making for your boss' TPS report before they discover that you're doomscrolling in the snack room on your phone again.

You take that back. It's going to be an excellent graphic. I am using animations and everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Now, you should probably get back to that mediocre graphic you're making for your boss' TPS report before they discover that you're doomscrolling in the snack room on your phone again.

Hey - I have made a career out of completing TPS reports; someone wants them, and they pay me money, I am going to produce them. Produce them as financial statements, or charts, graphs, gifs, maybe even sneak in a photo of your mom from last night (oops sorry thought it was South Austin calling us out).

And now for something completely different - back to Coach Harbah
Fuck Michigan!

• Like 2

Just now, Wally Fairway said:

Hey - I have made a career out of completing TPS reports; someone wants them, and they pay me money, I am going to produce them. Produce them as financial statements, or charts, graphs, gifs, maybe even sneak in a photo of your mom from last night (oops sorry thought it was South Austin calling us out).

And now for something completely different - back to Coach Harbah
Fuck Michigan!

YARN | World needs plenty of bartenders. Two weeks with pay. | The Departed  (2006) | Video gifs by quotes | e59fa214 | 紗

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Detroit Tigers Time GIF by MLB

Pete Thamel is reporting a decision by the B1G won't come until at least 48 hours because the conference bylaws allow for the school to be given reasonable time to respond. It's possible the commissioner already told Michigan what the penalty was going to be and now we wait for Michigan's response.

• Hook 'Em 1

Then why did they even bother with firing Stalions?
On second thought, this one is on me for even taking that paragraph seriously. My bad for addressing any of that. You laid on your back, pulled your knees to your chest, held a lighter to your ass, lit your flatulence, and here i am giving it a serious performance review. Again, my bad. 

How did the East German judge score it?

2 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Detroit Tigers Time GIF by MLB

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Pete Thamel is reporting a decision by the B1G won't come until at least 48 hours because the conference bylaws allow for the school to be given reasonable time to respond. It's possible the commissioner already told Michigan what the penalty was going to be and now we wait for Michigan's response.

@Juicy c'mon insider man - give us the juice on what is happening

• Drool 1

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-sign-stealing-452b6a83bb0d0a3707f633af72fe92ac

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — A former employee at a Big Ten football program said Monday it was his job to steal signs and he was given details from multiple league schools to compile a spreadsheet of play-calling signals used by Michigan last year.

The employee said he recently shared the documents, which showed the Wolverines’ signs and corresponding plays — as well as screenshots of text-message exchanges with staffers at other Big Ten schools — with Michigan. He spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he feared the disclosures could impact his coaching career.

Potential sign-stealing feedback loop

45 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

This reminds me of the time when a business partner owed me money and I kept threatening to sue him if he didn't pay up immediately. I was praying that he would be scared of the lawsuit and pay up instead of me having to go through the hassle and cost of suing. Didn’t really work, so we ended up settling. Not sure it's going to work for Michigan either.

53 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Cool.  So a current Michigan staffer that used to work at different Big 10 school admitted to ascertaining Michigan signals in methods that did not include sending contacts for in-person scouting and videotaping opponents signals on a phone (all reimbursed by UM).  I'm not sure that's the flex they think it is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38833724/michigan-football-players-embrace-villain-role-amid-criticism

Harbaugh said he has seen his players stay focused, and he mentioned after the 41-13 win over Purdue that the controversy has been the ultimate motivator for his players. While he said he is not able to comment on the investigation, he addressed the criticism and how he is viewing what is being said about him and the team.

"Nobody wants criticism, that's why I work so hard to do everything right, both on and off the field," Harbaugh said. "Because it's been that way for a long time, since I was 22 years old. But if the criticism is directed to me and not my adolescent kids or the players on the football team, then I'm OK with it."

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Fucking Cloak Room. 

Have a Snickers, Donald.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Cool.  So a current Michigan staffer that used to work at different Big 10 school admitted to ascertaining Michigan signals in methods that did not include sending contacts for in-person scouting and videotaping opponents signals on a phone (all reimbursed by UM).  I'm not sure that's the flex they think it is.

Wrong. This guy never worked at Michigan. He’s saying the big 10 school he did work at instructed him to try and steal Michigan’s signs by any means. 

Edited by Helobious

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Wrong. This guy never worked at Michigan. He’s saying the big 10 school he did work at instructed him to try and steal Michigan’s signs by any means. 

Sign stealing isn't illegal.  So what rule did he break?  Because it seems pretty clear that in person scouting is an actual rule that was apparently broken repeatedly by Michigan.  Coaches share info on opponents all the time when it benefits them.  So is there an actual rule that was broken or is Michigan just trying to sway public opinion?

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

@Juicy c'mon insider man - give us the juice on what is happening

Not much info on the 9.95s. the big ten formally announced their intentions to suspend harbaugh for 2 games (the maximum the conference can dole out) Michigan has 48 hours now to respond. 

The 9.95ers are split on the Michigan is going to fight this to the death, or Michigan is going to accept this and have Jim out for the next two games which puts him back on the sidelines for Ohio State (Oh what the ratings will be there) 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Sign stealing isn't illegal.  So what rule did he break?  Because it seems pretty clear that in person scouting is an actual rule that was apparently broken repeatedly by Michigan.  Coaches share info on opponents all the time when it benefits them.  So is there an actual rule that was broken or is Michigan just trying to sway public opinion?

The distribution to other teams of the spreadsheet he allegedly created about it seems to violate some Big 10 sportsmanship policies (the exact same ones the big 10 is trying to bust Michigan for). However it’s unclear if it violates policies at the NCAA level.

It does piss me off, same with the Patriots and Astros, both of whom had no real repercussions. I'm more pissed about UNC and KU basketball getting away with total cheating while hammering Oklahoma State and others. Hell, just punish Indiana for this, or maybe Oklahoma State, because why not, that's seemingly how this works. 

• Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It does piss me off, same with the Patriots and Astros, both of whom had no real repercussions. I'm more pissed about UNC and KU basketball getting away with total cheating while hammering Oklahoma State and others. Hell, just punish Indiana for this, or maybe Oklahoma State, because why not, that's seemingly how this works. 

The Astros fired multiple people including the Manager and GM, at the league's behest. They were fined the league-max allowable amount of $5M. They lost 1st and 2nd round draft picks for 2 consecutive seasons.

What in the fuck are you talking about with "no real repercussions"? That is about as ignorant a take as one could have on that subject. Good fucking grief, dude.

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Still have the ring, banner, and trophy, right? Who cares about fucking money and draft picks.

So unless MLB more or less just shut the fucking organization down, there were "no real repercussions". Had they taken the title, people would be bitching about the org still being around. 

It's obvious you don't know shit about program building in baseball if you don't think losing the 1st and 2nd round picks for 2 years is a very big deal to an org. 

Yeah, people care about draft picks. Tucker, Correa, Bregman, McCullers, and Justin Verlander are all former 1st round picks. Max Scherzer and Corey Seager are former first round picks who have also recently played a major role in winning multiple world series. 

People care about losing highly accomplished executives. Losing Luhnow fucking hurts to this day.

Strong take, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Episode 8 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

No, he couldn't be more wrong. I am not surprised that you wouldn't understand. His point wasn't that they still got to keep the title, his original point was that the organization cheated without significant retaliation from the league. You should be able to understand the difference and his attempt to move the goalposts.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

No, he couldn't be more wrong. I am not surprised that you wouldn't understand. His point wasn't that they still got to keep the title, his original point was that the organization cheated without significant retaliation from the league. You should be able to understand the difference and his attempt to move the goalposts.

Go bang some trashcans astros fan. BE GONE!

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I'm just now noticing that this is an actual story. Can someone cliffnotes how this is worse than Belichek, who is still coaching, and as far as I recall whose punishment was a few fines and an "Oh You" from the commissioner?

They have headphones in the helmet in the pros, so advanced scouting (stealing signs in other games) isn't illegal like it is in the NCAA. 

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So unless MLB more or less just shut the fucking organization down, there were "no real repercussions". Had they taken the title, people would be bitching about the org still being around. 

Really trying not to get pulled into another argument with dipshits on the internet like @'stache about Astros sign stealing or the so called lack of punishment but this is the most true statement I have seen about it. Whatever MLB did was never going to be enough for some morons who won't admit that the team they root for was probably doing something similar, just they weren't good enough to win it all and because of that didn't get caught. 

At least the Astros didn't have a unibomber lookalike running around doing all this shit Stallions allegedly did and supposedly without any knowledge of the organization (lol), total rogue agent with a manifesto I'm sure no one at Michigan knew anything about what he was doing...

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
  • Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan