Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

5 minutes ago, jetsfan76 said:

I don't want to play A&M in any sport in any capacity ever again.

Get a grip man. College sports is all about rivalries, embrace the hate. It’s one of the real perks of supporting the school. Everyone hates us, even many in our administration. Demand we get serious and hire the best leaders for our programs and invest like you mean it. Only fb remains. Pierce might be an anxiety box of rocks but he keeps getting to the cws and cdc extended him recently.

Sark needs to close those leads out this year. No sympathy if our Defense sucks this year.

• Like 1

If Owens isn't wanting to play here, his committing to a wild card like Louisville seems ideal for us. As is the fact he's deciding now instead of further dragging out the process. I just hope he doesn't waver and suck us back into a pointless chase.

Edited by Gut Wagon

35 minutes ago, jetsfan76 said:

This is the biggest pathetic bitch-ass weaksauce bleeding vagina statement I’ve seen in literal months. You, your parents, and your ancestors should be ashamed of your crumpled spine and shriveled balls. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - Nahlin says that Texas was only going to bring him in if he had legit interest - apparently he didn't.

Who's left as a main target with Bonsu and Vickers no longer visiting?  Seems we are all in on Derek Williams.  I guess J. Johnson is a Safety

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - Nahlin says that Texas was only going to bring him in if he had legit interest - apparently he didn't.

Shocking that a recruit with a pinned tweet that says “which fan base can show the most love” didn’t have sincere interest. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AP101S said:

This is bs. $3M for a rb is nuts. Also,  why would Adidas want Owens at UL rather than a bigger profile school. 

The list of adidas schools is honestly pretty unimpressive. Miami is their biggest brand standing, after that it’s either Nebraska (a formerly huge brand that’s damn near dead now IMO) aggy, Mississippi st., Washington or Louisville.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan76 said:

I’ve really enjoyed the break we’ve had. Just been nice. I’m not exactly pumped about playing them cause they’re the most annoying program to play. But fuck I’m looking forward to kicking their ass in everything year in year out again. The excuses are going to be incredible 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’ve really enjoyed the break we’ve had. Just been nice. I’m not exactly pumped about playing them cause they’re the most annoying program to play. But fuck I’m looking forward to kicking their ass in everything year in year out again. The excuses are going to be incredible 

Maybe we should focus on Kansas before getting too cocky.

35 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Maybe we should focus on Kansas before getting too cocky.

Ouch

It was also pretty obvious the team pretty much quit after the ou debacle. Really looking forward to our offense this year. Shit if Ewers were our qb last year, we probably win 8 games give or take. We should have a pretty badass offense this year. I’m very very cautiously optimistic. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we went 5-7 again. 

I feel as though I should clarify. I'm not scared of A&M, I just never want to play those inbred, hivemind, cow college, cult fucks again. They are the most insufferable fan base there is. But, yes, being a Longhorn & a Winnipeg Jets fan, it does make me a bit of a nihilist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, jetsfan76 said:

I feel as though I should clarify. I'm not scared of A&M, I just never want to play those inbred, hivemind, cow college, cult fucks again. They are the most insufferable fan base there is. But, yes, being a Longhorn & a Winnipeg Jets fan, it does make me a bit of a nihilist.

Tv Show Woman GIF by Fetish Series

The Huddle: Scattershooting notes on Texas targets

Hudson Standish

(Some interesting stuff on Greathouse and Vasek, in the article and in the comments.)

Spoiler

The Huddle: Scattershooting notes on Texas targets

Hudson Standish

— From all accounts Texas seemed to crush this weekend’s official visit with Temple ATH (recruited as WR) Mikal Harrison-Pilot. Harrison-Pilot has been to Texas more than a half dozen times throughout his recruiting process but the Horns peaked at the right time saving the best for his official trip to the Forty.

If Harrison-Pilot had a quicker timeline than his scheduled December announcement I might be close to putting in a pick, but since there is an entire season between now and his decision I’m going to hold off for now.

— Austin Westlake WR Jaden Greathouse is still scheduled to take an official visit to Texas this weekend, but I was told by a source earlier today that I should fade his chances to wind up in the Texas class. Notre Dame is way out in front for Greathouse at the moment and it would take a significant shift for that to change.

— I heard from a source earlier today that La Grange OL/DL Jaren Woods would likely make a decision soon and it wouldn’t be Texas. The Horns were very hot and cold throughout Woods’ recruitment and winded up deciding not to make a strong push for the CenTex area athlete’s verbal. Woods is coming off of a recent visit to Baylor this past weekend.

Comments from the threads.

Spoiler

image.png

image.thumb.png.8af367ac4c3a429cda29b59dfc7c9358.png

image.thumb.png.02b4f369bdaca993d5b2cc5b9ac61d03.png

(From the OV thread ... )

image.thumb.png.dc6e3bfb0979f8b51c32b0740e89774e.png

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.44e3f0fbd63d5ddcae7aac8b397ec53d.png

Owens has a lot of red flags, but I think pretty much any elite athlete in the State of Texas should transfer out until our regarded Legislature changes the NIL law.  It makes no sense to forego millions of dollars simply because your legislature wrote a nonsensical and stupid NIL law.  Hopefully elite players transferring will get the Leg's attention, and they update Texas's NIL law to match what other states have done, but I'm about as optimistic on that as I am that @SydneyCarton will someday learn to write on his phone without a typo in every other word. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Owens has a lot of red flags, but I think pretty much any elite athlete in the State of Texas should transfer out until our regarded Legislature changes the NIL law.  It makes no sense to forego millions of dollars simply because your legislature wrote a nonsensical and stupid NIL law.  Hopefully elite players transferring will get the Leg's attention, and they update Texas's NIL law to match what other states have done, but I'm about as optimistic on that as I am that @SydneyCarton will someday learn to write on his phone without a typo in every other word. 

I've got it down to like one in every three words, so take that you big meanie. 

The lege will likely update things in the next session, but that's me speculating.