Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

14 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

The people shitting on the Wisner take didn’t watch today, he’s a dude.

Dude, awesome taunt. Fuck those assholes!!!

Now provide a single post in which someone shit on taking him when he committed. Just one.

Oh. Yeah, you can’t? Weird. This season, long after he committed, we discussed that he was one of the candidates to be left behind if they needed space in the class. That’s not shitting on the take either. That’s calling the situation for what it is. He’s been displaced by a younger player on his high school roster. Maybe they’re both awesome, but there’s a reason he took a fucking Tech visit. Hint - it’s not because this board is full of morons. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have like 20 idiots on ignore because of this board alone. I didn’t say it was bereft of morons, just not full of them.

Now, assholes? Sure. You first. 

You have to define a percentage for “full of.” Does 20% qualify as Full Of? Make no mistake I’m forever grateful this isn’t the football board. 

I still have my Asshole merit badge from cub scouts. Also I just use any excuse to post that mcnulty gif. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

You have to define a percentage for “full of.” Does 20% qualify as Full Of? Make no mistake I’m forever grateful this isn’t the football board. 

Well, I know there’s a greater than tiny percentage of people who include you on their moron list because you can’t complete 3 posts in a row without significant spelling and word inclusion errors. So, it’s clearly a subjective measure. Also, you need a comma in your last sentence. 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I still have my Asshole merit badge from cub scouts. Also I just use any excuse to post that mcnulty gif. 

Even with your edit, my note about the comma is still correct and also, additionally correct. You are no Cormac McCarthy, you fucking blowhard. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, I know there’s a greater than tiny percentage of people who include you on their moron list because you can’t complete 3 posts in a row without significant spelling and word inclusion errors. So, it’s clearly a subjective measure. Also, you need a comma in your last sentence. 

image.gif.4012e6a39bd0472954cf2d7f33ca07d0.gif

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, awesome taunt. Fuck those assholes!!!

Now provide a single post in which someone shit on taking him when he committed. Just one.

Oh. Yeah, you can’t? Weird. This season, long after he committed, we discussed that he was one of the candidates to be left behind if they needed space in the class. That’s not shitting on the take either. That’s calling the situation for what it is. He’s been displaced by a younger player on his high school roster. Maybe they’re both awesome, but there’s a reason he took a fucking Tech visit. Hint - it’s not because this board is full of morons. 

He was referring to a BO&W comment yesterday, bagging on Wisner. And Wisner was solid in the championship game yesterday lining up at WR, the slot, HBack, and RB. I think he got the MVP.

With that said, he may not fit real well for Texas if they need a prototypical RB. As a replacement for K. Robinson? Maybe, but he doesn’t have the speed of Robinson. I still liked his play yesterday though. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Even with your edit, my note about the comma is still correct and also, additionally correct. You are no Cormac McCarthy, you fucking blowhard. 

He maybe Cormac. Good story teller, but a terrible writer. (This could have been an inside joke)

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

He was referring to a BO&W comment yesterday, bagging on Wisner. And Wisner was solid in the championship game yesterday lining up at WR, the slot, HBack, and RB. I think he got the MVP.
With that said, he may not fit real well for Texas if they need a prototypical RB. As a replacement for K. Robinson? Maybe, but he doesn’t have the speed of Robinson. I still liked his play yesterday though. 

Dude reminds me of Chris Samuels.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Exactly 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

We shall all find out on Wisner. Does looking like a future Heisman winner vs an all-white defense mean more, than being bumped to slot for a sophomore in HS. 

16 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He maybe Cormac. Good story teller, but a terrible writer. (This could have been an inside joke)

Christ. I have to know. Was your misuse of the word “maybe” intentional because of context? Now you will say it was regardless. So, bravo, I suppose. 

17 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Keilan Robinson had shuttle numbers and a 40 that merited a 5 star, or close to 5 star, ranking, if memory serves. I understand the thought of comparing them, but go look at KR’s numbers and how those translated to P5 and then put Wisner in that context. I haven’t done it, so I’m interested in how they stack up. 

15 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Dude reminds me of Chris Samuels.

The OT from Alabama in 1998? Bizarre. 

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Thank goodness we've established the provenance of the shitting on Wisner. 

Actually, the last page was quality for a number of reasons. Finished strong.  I heartily recommend.

spacer.png

You are this board’s equivalent of a NYT food critic, and I dig that about you. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Keilan Robinson had shuttle numbers and a 40 that merited a 5 star, or close to 5 star, ranking, if memory serves. I understand the thought of comparing them, but go look at KR’s numbers and how those translated to P5 and then put Wisner in that context. I haven’t done it, so I’m interested in how they stack up. 

Without much research, I'd venture to say Wisner is a better threat out of the backfield. Although, I was very surprised and pleased with KRob this past season, in that regard. 

Continuing to get APB can't do damage IMHO...

Let’s not forget how many balls krob dropped his first year. He was developed into his role this year. His game was almost exclusively running away and Wisner isn’t that. In a scenario where it’s not Wisner instead of a need, I’m fine with the take. The rb room is stacked enough that he’ll either find a role for himself or transfer. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Let’s not forget how many balls krob dropped his first year. He was developed into his role this year. His game was almost exclusively running away and Wisner isn’t that. In a scenario where it’s not Wisner instead of a need, I’m fine with the take. The rb room is stacked enough that he’ll either find a role for himself or transfer. 

Going to be interesting to see what Keilan's role is in the bowl game. RB1 or staying with his utility role.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Going to be interesting to see what Keilan's role is in the bowl game. RB1 or staying with his utility role.

I assume utility. Replacing someone like Bijan Robinson will never draw fair comps, but Brooks is viewed as a stud in his own right.  KR has been a good teammate and a roster asset, and accordingly, he told the staff months ago that he’s graduating and going to test the pros. I’m guessing that makes Brooks and Blue being featured a pretty simple decision. Or hell, I don’t know, maybe we get lucky and KRobinson changes his mind and we get him back as well. Haven’t heard that though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:Maybe they’re both awesome, but there’s a reason he took a fucking Tech visit. Hint - it’s not because this board is full of morons. 

Yeah, just because the board was worried about numbers doesn’t mean that we aren’t morons.