Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw this posted on another board

According to TFB, apparently Trey Wisner recently took a trip to Lubbock. They say Wisner might not be so happy with his standing in the class and has a different view of his role at UT. They say Texas may be looking elsewhere.

Rumor quashed. He threw up the Hook’Em during his MVP interview. 

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

Yeah that sophomore already has offers from USC, Miami, Ole Miss, Oregon, aggy etc.

First chance for me to see that other RB. He’s scary good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

225 was the scrub pop for power clean in high school. You did that to get thru the reps quick. Not really pushing. Js. Dont want.....well, maybe

dudes are literally doing that with one arm.  the kid is just not that strong.  will probably need to redshirt to bulk up.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

For those who didn’t get to watch the game, Wisner had 135 rec yards, 75 rush yards, and 2 TDs in a state championship win. He mostly lines up in the slot.

He’s an interesting case, had he stayed at Waco Connally, he would’ve been the star RB there and he probably would’ve kept his 4th star in the recruiting rankings. Instead he took a flex role on a stacked Desoto team and was a good team player.

Talented but willing to be a team player is a pretty good fit for a 2nd take RB. I don’t know if Texas moves on from him or not, but I feel a lot more comfortable keeping him after watching that game.

Sark likes a work horse as his primary guy. Wisner is at least 30 pounds away from that at a listed 5’11” 180. Might fit into that Keilan spot or even slot, if he doesn’t fill out 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

According to TFB, apparently Trey Wisner recently took a trip to Lubbock. They say Wisner might not be so happy with his standing in the class and has a different view of his role at UT. They say Texas may be looking elsewhere.

This secretly makes me happy 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm a frequent tweet watcher as well, but im about 80% sure this is just in support of the VB team. We can hope though.

I thought so too but she already tweeted about volleyball. The last time she posted a tweet like this there were three Hook ‘Em signs, Ant Hill committed a couple days later, and now there’s two. 

Edited by TXRed
Alcohol
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, TXRed said:

I thought so too but she already tweeted about volleyball. The last time she posted a tweet like this there were three Hook ‘Em signs, Ant Hill committed a couple days later, and now there’s two. 

Hill reportedly committed during the visit - hadn’t told the staff previously. I don’t think we should read too much into this staff’s twitter. 

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Just exactly who is “they”?

Am I going crazy? I feel like in the span of about 4 days, Akana has progressed through:

1. not even being discussed on this board
  2. holy shit it'shappening.gif
  3. actually, he's a jag and we don't want him. visiting Louisville and Colorado instead.
  4. now ctj says we think we're getting him in the transfer thread
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

First chance for me to see that other RB. He’s scary good. 

I mean….he’s good. But he’s got a long way to go to be great. Starting with not fumbling like he did…what 2 or 3 times? And I didn’t watch the entire game, and yes he got through the DL almost every carry, but rarely saw him break through the second level.

Understand he worked through ankle injuries this year. Will be fun to watch him develop