Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Why do we care? I’ve never understood the angst over the number of stars someone is rated. The offer list says a lot more about the quality of the prospect, assuming those offers are all committable. Is it a matter of believing that our class rating says something about the equity of our brand?

FWIW, I suspect it’s a function of him being a quiet kid that doesn’t provide as many sound bites. I’m not saying that’s the only reason, but it’s happened before where kids that keep things quiet don’t get a lot of love from the services that live and die by clicks and subscriptions.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Why do we care? I’ve never understood the angst over the number of stars someone is rated. The offer list says a lot more about the quality of the prospect, assuming those offers are all committable. Is it a matter of believing that our class rating says something about the equity of our brand?

image.gif.5c55459dd19b5a9260c60f5d649d63ad.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RichUT said:

FWIW, I suspect it’s a function of him being a quiet kid that doesn’t provide as many sound bites. I’m not saying that’s the only reason, but it’s happened before where kids that keep things quiet don’t get a lot of love from the services that live and die by clicks and subscriptions.

ron swanson laughing GIF

• Haha 4

I guess that’s sort of my point. His measurables and the interest from the big boys says enough

2 hours ago, RichUT said:

Please read the thread title prior to posting a reply. Thank you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I have like 20 idiots on ignore because of this board alone. I didn’t say it was bereft of morons, just not full of them.

Now, assholes? Sure. You first. 

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You have to define a percentage for “full of.” Does 20% qualify as Full Of? Make no mistake I’m forever grateful this isn’t the football board. 

I still have my Asshole merit badge from cub scouts. Also I just use any excuse to post that mcnulty gif. 

Well, I know there’s a greater than tiny percentage of people who include you on their moron list because you can’t complete 3 posts in a row without significant spelling and word inclusion errors. So, it’s clearly a subjective measure. Also, you need a comma in your last sentence. 

Even with your edit, my note about the comma is still correct and also, additionally correct. You are no Cormac McCarthy, you fucking blowhard. 

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That stings, man. I’m not Bernard. 

You guys are rehearsing for your company Christmas Party, aren't you?

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/texas-longhorns-sunday-recruiting-intel-2/

Spoiler

Coming to you live from Target parking lot in Carson City, Nevada. Have to make this quick.

– TE Ka’Morreun Pimpton had a great visit but people who interacted with him this weekend said the Vanderbilt commit didn’t tip his hand. The dots seem to make a Bevo constellation but they aren’t perfectly connected. We’re digging for more.

– Reviews from elite commits Sydir Mitchell and Cedric Baxter were great. Both left Sunday morning and both are right on schedule to sign for Texas.

– Georgia corner Tyler Scott had a great visit but he’s not announcing until January 7th at the All-American game. Entering this weekend Auburn liked its position. Texas may be the team to beat at this point, and that’s not visit-high related, but a lot can happen between now and his announcement. Texas probably wouldn’t trade places with anyone at this point.

– We’ve been working quite a bit to find out if Jelani McDonald is someone they have room for but we don’t yet know for certain. If they do, then UT is a good bet. Maybe we’ll have something more concrete by the time I get to Best Buy.

Transfer portal news:

– Gavin Holmes was on campus this weekend. We’ll work on comments from the Wake Forest defensive back. We feel Texas is in the best position but he’s certainly doing his homework on other schools.

– The biggest news we heard was Syracuse safety Ja’Had Carter was on campus. We don’t have a read on that recruitment yet. He’s a Virginia kid and Ohio State is also in pursuit but Texas is taking its shot at one of the biggest transfer portal needs.

Clearly we have some loose ends to tie up from this weekend but we wanted to get you some info as we continue to work.

• Hook 'Em 3