Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

I also forgot on that same video about Hicks being a slip watch that they also mentioned Sydir Mitchell being one for Georgia, so let's hope Bo got this in the bag. Dude has a chance to make some noise in year one.

On another note, watching Baxter highlights is giving me the warm and fuzzies. Hopefully he can add to the Doak awards we're known for. RBU for life, son!

6 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like Dylan Spencer showed up this weekend.

Good. I didn't feel good about UT potentially only taking 1 DT in this class.

9 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is McDonald really possibly not a take?  We need another Safety.  If he outgrows the position, then he can play a similar role as Overshown.  His recruiting pages list him at only 190 lbs.

It's always been reported that UT is recruiting McDonald as a LB. So I doubt McDonald is a factor in UT need for Safety.

• Fuck You 1

Gerry (IT) confirms again this morning that despite the fact Dylan Spencer is in Austin for the big recruiting weekend the expectation is that he will flip to Houston before signing day.

*EDIT:  Gerry didn't actually confirm he's in Austin - that was other posters parroting info from another site.  Gerry, in a later post, intimates that Spencer is not in Austin.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Watched a national ON3 livestream clip from yesterday and Josh Newberg mentioned that Duce Robinson is going to wait till NSD2 to make his decision. I wonder how that factor into Sark & staff's plan for this class.

The plan is for Duce Robinson to not come here because that is reality 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry (IT) confirms again this morning that despite the fact Dylan Spencer is in Austin for the big recruiting weekend the expectation is that he will flip to Houston before signing day.

So we want this player so badly we are going to let a guy who seems likely to flip hang around all our other commits. That seems like an unsound recruiting technique. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Ugh.  Yes, I’m sure the all of the other recruits are going to ignore Arch and Baxter and flip to Houston because this one charismatic DE from humble is there preaching the praises of Landry’s seafood.

Everyone gets free passes to kemah rides along with free appetizers to all of the restaurants, with purchase of an entrée. It’s a hell of a pitch. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

FWIW, there’s informed speculation that Fertitta isn’t actively involved on the football side with NIL. I’m sure he’s putting in, but there are other boosters trying to push rope with the football NIL efforts. Fertitta is more active on the basketball side, where he and others believe that can build a dynasty. 

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

FWIW, there’s informed speculation that Fertitta isn’t actively involved on the football side with NIL. I’m sure he’s putting in, but there are other boosters trying to push rope with the football NIL efforts. Fertitta is more active on the basketball side, where he and others believe that can build a dynasty. 

That’s what Lance Z said on the radio the other day. He usually knows stuff like that. 
He also said, and this doesn’t sound right to me and he actually said “this seems very surprising to me” that Jimbo doesn’t recruit/doesn’t believe in recruiting the portal. 

13 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Lol not sure they consider that a big loss but point taken

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I dont consider it a loss either

Then you’re both ignorant. They did everything they could to try to make Ewers happy in order to retain him. 

That answers the prior question. As well, Terrance Brooks was a top 50 recruit in the last cycle that they had zero interest in losing. 

• Hook 'Em 8

23 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

20 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

UH and Tech in back to back weekends? Sure seems like the actions of a guy getting processed. 

I don't think Spencer's getting processed. This is Spencer's own doing. Just looking at Spencer's size/frame/length + his production on the field as a senior, he's still a take.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I don't think Spencer's getting processed. This is Spencer's own doing. Just looking at Spencer's size/frame/length + his production on the field as a senior, he's still a take.

FWIW it’s been said he did not have the best senior season. Questions about his motor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

UH and Tech. Why aren't any other blueblood types trying to bring him in? He's getting processed.

14 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I don't think Spencer's getting processed. This is Spencer's own doing. Just looking at Spencer's size/frame/length + his production on the field, he's still a take.

Maybe he's looking at the roster, the recruiting class, and the staff's intentions with the portal and assessing other options.

Regardless, something is up. Most likely, he's getting processed.

Edited by MuellerHorn