Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

In-state? I mean we wanted Peyton Bowen, we just botched it super early and never got back on it. Rogers and Thomas at aggy would have been nice as well.

Dudes that commit that early don't feel like misses. Committing during their senior year just feels like they were always going there no matter what 

29 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Which recruiting site's rankings is he using to come that conclusion?

17 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

The main one. Texas has 6 players in the top 50 of the 247 composite.

Why do you consider the 247 composite rankings "the main one"? Last time I checked, the on3 consensus rankings were considered superior becuz on3 consensus rankings evenly uses the ratings from all 4 national recruiting sites, while the 247 composite rankings uses all 4 sites but is biased towards 247's own ratings.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Why do you consider the 247 composite rankings "the main one"? Last time I checked, the on3 consensus rankings were considered superior becuz on3 consensus rankings evenly uses the ratings from all 4 national recruiting sites, while the 247 composite rankings uses all 4 sites but is biased towards 247's own ratings.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m in favor of using the one that makes us look better.  This isn’t science, it’s a PR battle.

I agree with you. I'll use the 247 composite rankings when it makes UT look good, but in general I use the on3 consensus rankings when that isn't a factor.

• Fuck You 1