About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

I think a deep dive into this topic will serve us all well.  do you have any more data? 

Cramps/injuries on Texas first downs?

Texas players stopping the game for injuries during LSU drives?

How many players stopped the game for cramps or injuries then came back and played?

Ah fuck it

1 minute ago, futureman said:

so are you able to substitute out as many players as you want or just the guy who cramps?

It is less about the substitution and more about how the defense could gather their shit with the coaches during the supposed injury. It's a free timeout and it's bullshit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Junior Miller said:

Easy fix. New rule: if play has to be stopped because you were on the ground asking for medical attention you cannot play again in the same drive. 

That shit will stop really fast. 

And the rest of the team can get water i guess but not have a coaching conference. It was bush league bullshit. Ie, they sposed to be sec

• Like 1

Was at the game.  On the third cramp timeout, two players were on the ground, when one player saw the other “cramping” his cramps magically stopped and he popped right up.  The training staff that was running toward him immediately changed direction and ran to the other one and didn’t miss a beat.  It’s clear it was planned and bush league but a great team should be able to overcome bush league bullshit.  We were not a great team tonight.

• Like 8

There absolutely needs to be a rule where anyone that is "injured" and can't get off the field can't come in for the remainder of the drive.  If they are so badly hurt that it takes them 6 minutes to get off the field, then they shouldn't be able to magically sprint back in 1-2 plays later.   I mean, it's all about player safety, right?  We wouldn't want an injured/"cramping" player coming right back in and get hurt more.  Our D sucked and we didn't deserve to win the game, but there's no reason for this not to be a rule.  They can call it the "LSU is a bunch of flopping pussies" rule.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 6

Plus the first half of the next game. Some LSU douche across the aisle was getting all bent out of shape because the classless UT fans were boing the “injured” players. I thought he was going to punch me when I told him his team was a bunch of euro kickball flopping pussies. Fortunately my daughter was in between us.

• Like 1

Plus the first half of the next game. Some LSU douche across the aisle was getting all bent out of shape because the classless UT fans were boing the “injured” players. I thought he was going to punch me when I told him his team was a bunch of euro kickball flopping pussies. Fortunately my daughter was in between us.

You know what they say...
Cant spell euro kickball flopping pussies without LSU
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Pussy thread

I had to leave the game at halftime. After the 100 degree temps at our tailgate all afternoon and the the massive press of sweaty bodies in the stands, I was almost floored by several symptoms of heat stroke - headache, nausea, rapid heartbeat, and inability to follow the game.

barely made it the two blocks back to the car, where I used  couple of cold, wet washcloths as compresses for my head, drank two bottles of Gatorade to rehydrate. Rested about 10 minutes until my head cleared up enough to drive home. The heart rate didn’t slow down until after a long cool shower, another Gatorade, and sitting awhile in the recliner. Didn’t sleep worth a damn and am wiped out today.

Can’t imagine what it would’ve been like to have exerted myself hard physically instead of just sitting around at the tailgate for five hours then walking the short distance to Memorial Stadium.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I had to leave the game at halftime. After the 100 degree temps at our tailgate all afternoon and the the massive press of sweaty bodies in the stands, I was almost floored by several symptoms of heat stroke - headache, nausea, rapid heartbeat, and inability to follow the game.

barely made it the two blocks back to the car, where I used  couple of cold, wet washcloths as compresses for my head, drank two bottles of Gatorade to rehydrate. Rested about 10 minutes until my head cleared up enough to drive home. The heart rate didn’t slow down until after a long cool shower, another Gatorade, and sitting awhile in the recliner. Didn’t sleep worth a damn and am wiped out today.

Can’t imagine what it would’ve been like to have exerted myself hard physically instead of just sitting around at the tailgate for five hours then walking the short distance to Memorial Stadium.

You are a very bad guy!  This is not championship level hydration!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My solution

Individual Rules

1st time down is treated as today.
2nd time down you sit for 15 minutes of game clock
3rd time is a TKO and you are out for the rest of the game

Team Rules

Each team gets 3 free team injuries per half. After that it’s a timeout. If you are out of timeouts 15 yard penalty

All the shit would stop real real fast.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is a pussy thread. 

Take the loss. Jesus 

also, scoring points wasn’t a problem for us. Defense was the problem 

You see it in tennis as well.  As soon as one player starts to get in a groove the other player has to call the trainer.  

I expect the Big XII brass to do something immediately.  Or in the next couple of years, after they figure out how to decide a conference champion.  Or maybe not at all.

Edited by Bullneck

9 hours ago, Zavala said:

It works, got to give it to em. Until they change the rules is a great way to stop momentum, get a free time out.

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

My solution

Individual Rules

1st time down is treated as today.
2nd time down you sit for 15 minutes of game clock
3rd time is a TKO and you are out for the rest of the game

Team Rules

Each team gets 3 free team injuries per half. After that it’s a timeout. If you are out of timeouts 15 yard penalty

All the shit would stop real real fast.

I would add to that solution that the EMS squad be required to remove the “injured “ player ( w/ 4-6 man stretcher  team) , and the player is medically assessed on the sideline, not the field, and play resumes immediately. The “injured” player sits for the remainder of the possession. There are safe ways to move “patients”, w/o risking further injury. 

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pretty sure Texas scored a TD on every drive LSU players got cramps, so...

I don't think we scored a TD on every drive, so no.

Wins come and wins go.  But in the end I have the privilege of feeling proud of my team.  I'm glad they don't resort to things like this.

• Like 3