About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

8 hours ago, Modessit said:

Cross-Post:

Per LSU Head Trainer, their defense wasn't dehydrated. They were just scared:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/college-football/2019/09/11/lsu-texas-cramp-heat-dehydration-grant-delpit

The “anxiety/cramp” Delit experienced was caused by Duvernay running over him.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Touche.  But then I thought I'd heard/seen it all growing up in a tiny podunk Texas town.

I'll share this with you.  I lived in NOLA when LSU played the gooners for the MNC at the Sugar Bowl.  My gf was LSU alum and I was invited to party with her and her pals after the game (No, they didn't offer me a ticket).  The vibe was, "Yeah, bring the Longhorn along!  He hates these fucks and we'll welcome him in the fold!!!"

And they were right, at first.

I was all to happy to join in with them in the sooner misery after the game.  I talked a little shit, gave them some inside info on the kinda stuff that really pisses off land thieves, yada yada.  It was good fun for awhile.  But then the line started getting cast out farther and farther.  LSU fans like to chant "Tiger/Tigah BAIT" at you when they've got you down.  Ok, cool, I enjoyed watching the ou Frat boys getting run out of the quarter b/c they couldn't take the heat.  What was not so enjoyable was watching some in our group go after old people and little kids.  I mean, get really up in their faces with it which also devolved into them saying some other "over the line" stuff.  "Fuck you you old meth whore..." blah blah blah.

Now, you could argue that the gooners were idiots to bring their kids and grampy around Bourbon, Royal, and the like.  I'd wholeheartedly agree.  But as more and more of the younger crowd from ou got thinned out, the LSU revelers had to find new targets.  Even my gf was embarrassed and suggested we leave.  

When we got back to her place in Metairie I was still a bit in shock.  She said, "You alright?"  I replied, "I'm just trying to come to grips with wanting to come to the defense of ou fans."

True story.

I know, CSB

Edited by Cajun
I'd also like to point out that there were several LSU alum in our group who were not down with what was happening. They're not all that way, but the ones who are are full throttle
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Scumbags! Fuckwads. Weak ass fucking bullshit. This pisses me off more than the result of the game.

Blatantly LIE about another university to try and justify your shady shit.

Fuck that low life, shit academic, cheating institution.

I hope another hurricane comes along to give that state another bath.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

When Horns247.com reached out to Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte on Thursday for comment, Del Conte said, "(Louisiana Tech athletic director) Tommy (McClelland) called me personally and told me no one from LSU reached out to he or Skip (Holtz) about any air-conditioning issue."

• Like 1

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

When Horns247.com reached out to Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte on Thursday for comment, Del Conte said, "(Louisiana Tech athletic director) Tommy (McClelland) called me personally and told me no one from LSU reached out to he or Skip (Holtz) about any air-conditioning issue."

More lies? I'm shocked!

I'm not sure why any of you thinks this absolves Texas of responsibility.  Look at this quote:

"First of all, I called Louisiana Tech, and they told us about it," Orgeron said Monday. "So, we did some things in the dressing room that were better. It wasn't great, but it was better. At least we had air in there. They didn't have air. We had some blowers in there

It was clearly the "blowers" that they brought, that kept the temperature down.  NOT the Texas air conditioning system.

And also, it was nice to see Orgeron so concerned about the even-worse conditions for Louisiana Tech, who "didn't have air."  He's nothing more than a kindly and concerned citizen.

28 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"Who cares! You guys just won't let it go!" seems to be the reaction from same LSU fans who have been obsessing over this for the last week on Twitter right now.

The default Dunning-Kruger trapdoor when cornered with irrefutable evidence is to immediately pivot to "we just need to put our differences aside and move on".

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, po elvis said:

all this because Coach O had to come up with a reason all his players were flopping on the field.

Yup, this thread would have died 3 days and a thousand posts ago if Orgeron hadn't attempted to deflect onto Texas.  All he had to say was, "the weather took us by surprise" and although we all still would have known that was a lie to cover the flopping, it wouldn't have implicated the Texas administration and driven so much anger.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Wow, that must have been really hard. Can't imagine what you went through. Thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I started to spend money on therapy, but then a pal suggested just not missing the next RRS.

Even with the cost of that ticket this saved me hundreds of thousands.

6 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Anyone that has ever been in a long term relationship knows how this is going to play out:

LSU: blatant lie/exaggeration.

Texas: gathers data to refute lie.

LSU: OMG, you're obsessed with this.  Can't you just let it go?

Right out of the chick handbook.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

The default Dunning-Kruger trapdoor when cornered with irrefutable evidence is to immediately pivot to "we just need to put our differences aside and move on".

I just keep glancing at your avatar and thinking, "Ya know, there's really only three words for this bullshit".

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

So let me get this straight:

1. LSU fans dox Sam and the Texas staff, and there's reportedly at least one death threat against Yancy McKnight's family. Yahoo publishes it as part of a long story about the Texas game week preparations, but it otherwise doesn't gain any traction.
  2. LSU defenders go down 10+ times during the game, with maybe 2-5 being legitimate (if you're being generous). ESPN continually brings up how hot it is and jokes about it on air, once they suspect what everyone else outside of swampaggy is thinking.
  3. Ed O. lies about there not being A/C in the locker room and lies about talking to the LaTech staff about it, to cover up for the fact that his players faked injuries on a massive scale and/or weren't properly conditioned. Lots of media outlets immediately run with the lie without getting the other side of the story. LSU fans say Texas was cheating and is classless.
  4. As Ed O's lie starts unraveling, LSU turns their whining toward ticket allocation and visiting band placement. Again, Texas is classless, while the fanbase who inundated Sam and the staff with racist/homophobic messages and a death threat isn't.
  5. Instead of critiquing LSU's poor conditioning or fake injuries, the media runs stories that the cramping may have been anxiety related.
  6. Texas provides further evidence that there was A/C was fine, with exact temperature readings, and that LaTech didn't even talk to Ed O. about it, but let's see if ESPN and other big outlets write about it instead of putting a sentence-long update at the bottom of the original story, which no one will read.

Fuck LSU. Absolute trash from the top down. I can't wait until we beat their asses next year and are done with them. Let them and aggy deal with each other.

You only missed the wondrous work of Michelle Herman, Longhorn Legend.

19 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Anyone that has ever been in a long term relationship knows how this is going to play out:

Yep.  Direct quote from their thread on this:

"More of this shit???? Move on!!!!"

This thread at tigerdroppings is interesting.  You'd think with all the hateful, racist shit they said that some of them would disavow any participation in this, but some of these fuckers boast proudly about taking part.

I don’t want to waste my time on that site. LSU is trash, their fans are trash, their players are pussies and their coaches are liars. Fuck em all.
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I’m sure @Kyrie Eleison will be along soon to lecture us about being bitches again.

Soooo.... this?

44 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

So let me get this straight:
  1. LSU fans dox Sam and the Texas staff, and there's reportedly at least one death threat against Yancy McKnight's family. Yahoo publishes it as part of a long story about the Texas game week preparations, but it otherwise doesn't gain any traction.
  2. LSU defenders go down 10+ times during the game, with maybe 2-5 being legitimate (if you're being generous). ESPN continually brings up how hot it is and jokes about it on air, once they suspect what everyone else outside of swampaggy is thinking.
  3. Ed O. lies about there not being A/C in the locker room and lies about talking to the LaTech staff about it, to cover up for the fact that his players faked injuries on a massive scale and/or weren't properly conditioned. Lots of media outlets immediately run with the lie without getting the other side of the story. LSU fans say Texas was cheating and is classless.
  4. As Ed O's lie starts unraveling, LSU turns their whining toward ticket allocation and visiting band placement. Again, Texas is classless, while the fanbase who inundated Sam and the staff with racist/homophobic messages and a death threat isn't.
  5. Instead of critiquing LSU's poor conditioning or fake injuries, the media runs stories that the cramping may have been anxiety related.
  6. Texas provides further evidence that there was A/C was fine, with exact temperature readings, and that LaTech didn't even talk to Ed O. about it, but let's see if ESPN and other big outlets write about it instead of putting a sentence-long update at the bottom of the original story, which no one will read.
Fuck LSU. Absolute trash from the top down. I can't wait until we beat their asses next year and are done with them. Let them and aggy deal with each other.
The fact that everything you wrote here is true, and yet lsu fans are convinced that we're actually pissed about the outcome of the game and not what you wrote here, shows how removed from reality these people are.

What a complete trash group of people, from the adminstration down to to the fans. Fuck them all.
  • Like 8