About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Just got the email from UT

Spreadsheet is here

http://www.tanmutt.com/images/visitorslockerroomtrend.xlsx

Some of the LSU fans on SECRant are obviously completely oblivious to modern AC.  They're questioning what sort of wizardly allows an AC system to record and make data available for download.  It's kind of sad, because I guess you can't do that kind of stuff with a fan and a block of ice.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Some of the LSU fans on SECRant are obviously completely oblivious to modern AC.  They're questioning what sort of wizardly allows an AC system to record and make data available for download.  It's kind of sad, because I guess you can't do that kind of stuff with a fan and a block of ice.  

If only there was a university from Texas that was a member of the SEC and had an alumni base with knowledge of engineering concepts and could help the white trash from the SEC understand how to read the data UT made public. Or identify it as being fraudulent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Yup, I saw this gem:

This. I work in an extremely “big money” industry where it would greatly benefit my business to know whether someone is lying about A/C functionality, and there’s absolutely no way for us to test this, so why in the frick would Texas have this capability in their locker room of all places? That’s a ridiculous lie

These people are really, really dense.  "There are systems out there that can record temperatures in rooms?  No fucking way that's true!!1"

66-661421_jackie-chan-wtf-meme-jackie-ch

Edited by OU Sucks

Just now, Gil Bang said:

This. I work in an extremely “big money” industry where it would greatly benefit my business to know whether someone is lying about A/C functionality, and there’s absolutely no way for us to test this, so why in the frick would Texas have this capability in their locker room of all places? That’s a ridiculous lie

Dude's a maintenance man at a Red Roof Inn

You spelt "Holiday Inn Express" incorrectly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

The absurdity in what he's saying is that the tech involved here has been around for more than half a decade, minimum. It's so fundamentally indisputable that anyone attempting to counter its reality should probably be buckled into a straight jacket, thrown into a padded room, and have the door welded shut behind them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The absurdity in what he's saying is that the tech involved here has been around for more than half a decade, minimum. It's so fundamentally indisputable that anyone attempting to counter its reality should probably be buckled into a straight jacket, thrown into a padded room, and have the door welded shut behind them.

Yeah, we had a similar setup at a surgery center build.  Nifty spreadsheets and all. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Are you serious? hahahahaha.

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

I guess those fancy new home thermostats that send info to you smartphone haven't made it to Louisiana. Maybe smartphones haven't, either?

Nothing smart has ever made it to Louisiana.  If it did, it would turn around and go back home. 

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 3

Again, someone needs to remind me why the people of Texas are subsidizing a university that is supposedly focused on engineering, with over 500,000 graduates, and not one of them can interpret HVAC data and discern whether it is legitimate or falsified.

500,000 complete dumbfucks, all whose education was subsidized by the taxpayers, and NONE of them have a clue about how to interpret simple HVAC data.

Lets add that to the list of things far above the ability of aggys to understand: alchemy, cold fusion, things made of wood, basic HVAC data.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke

54 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It’d blow their lizard brains if we tried to explain we have our own power grid 

• Haha 1

So back in 2000 when Cedric Benson was playing for Midland Lee, they agreed to play a home and away series with West Monroe Louisiana. 

Lee went there (drove on buses)for the first game and played in huge downpour. Field was a swamp and Lee got beat pretty bad. Apparently, Lee was not treated very well..shocking.

The next year Lee was out for blood in the rematch. But, West Monroe backed out and no showed for the game in Midland.

What a fucked up state.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Uh temperature and humidity monitoring has been SOP in laboratories for decades. 

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Try half a century.  This isn't some magical internet Nest thermostat shit.  It's chilled water cooling.  It has a constant temperature source (chilled water), and a variable fan/damper.  To achieve a relatively constant temperature in the space, the air volume flow rate is constantly changed by fan speed and damper position.  You must know the space temperature to control the rest and recording the temperatures is part and parcel of that.

It was done in the 80s and for many years prior I am sure.  ME students have been modeling and predicting the performance of UT's chilled water cooling and comparing it to real world data like this for 30-plus years.

The spreadsheet angle, as well as the frequency of recording and storage may be enabled by "modern" technology, but the basic principles, as well as the recording of process parameters, is not new or modern.

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Someone please post these over in the rant or droppings.

These fucktards should be shot on sight for the protection of the gene pool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCADA

https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/automation/industry-software/automation-software/scada.html

That’s cool and all, but even my house does this shit. They must freak the fuck out when a Tesla goes by. 

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

If only there was a university from Texas that was a member of the SEC and had an alumni base with knowledge of engineering concepts and could help the white trash from the SEC understand how to read the data UT made public. Or identify it as being fraudulent.

Here's the flaw in your reasoning.

The irony in this whole coonass "must be magic" angle is that a solid 20% of them probably have a fucking thermostat in their house, and said thermostat relies on <gasp> measured temperature data to control the HVAC system such that the room temperature approaches the setpoint temperature.  They've seen this in action.  Where they're TRULY stumped is that they can't figure out how the data gets dumped to a spreadsheet.

This could not be written as a film script and pitched to the shittiest production house on earth because it's such a ridiculous concept.

• Like 1

These are actual, real, non-sarcastic quotes from Tiger Droppings:

Ed O may not be perfect, but there has been one constant throughout his career:
He never lies.
It is shameful that UT is trying to gaslight the CFb world with this propaganda
The AC was off. Period.

Correct. Why would LSU lie about this? Have you ever heard a team (let alone a winning team) mention the AC in the locker room? It strains common sense to think CEO would pull this out of thin air.

It is just stupid because they are not only calling LSU’s coaches liars, they are calling La Tech’s also! So not one but two sets of coaches!

Texas is doing this to save face with their fan base! Because the public has already decided, it is two against one and the beneficiaries of the stunt would have been “the one” in that scenario, so the public has said guilty as charged Texas!

This is all to tell their fan base they aren’t sneaky little shits and trying to get an unfair advantage! Pay no mind to this dribble, because we get to tap that arse again next year!!!

“Internal report” I can make an internal report in about 3 minutes. It’s a big Pr shite show for UT. They are trying to save face. I don’t see any LSU fans bringing it up. It’s all them

quote:
The fact that Texas is going to this extent just shows you how petty they are.

It also proves that they are lying

Coach O goes to my church and I promise you that he would never lie about this. Why would he...we won.

im so over this whole issue and wish it would die quickly...butquote:

game against the Longhorns was 68 degrees, and the temperature after the game was 74 degrees,

how on earth would they know that?

Why would Ed lie about this? It's easy to see why the folks at the UT athletic department would. Exposing the apparent lack of A/C is a nightmare for them. Knowing this, what power five team would want to schedule a home and home with them? And with the way they allotted only 3,000 seats to the visitors, all of them being the worst in the house, Ed has more credibility.

I could probably see what mine was set to in the past, but what the actual temp was at that moment is a whole different story. This is cra.

quote:
and the temperature after the game was 74 degrees

Temp does not go up when the sun goes down, it goes down. Meaning they turned the AC off after the game started so temp was way up by halftime and after half they turned the AC back on. If the AC had been on the entire time it should not have been 7 degrees warmer after the sun went down.

quote:
according to an internal report conducted by the Texas athletic department “

This just proves how stupid these idiots are.

Kind of convenient that they are able to retroactively take temperature readings during an internal review.

hmmmmmm...

is it normal practice for a temperature reading before and after game be done?

Do all schools do this...just in case another team complains?

What about half time?

Before and after dont mean much

Do you know if Texas has that technology? Can u go back and check what temp ur house is at a particular time of day?

quote:
how on earth would they know that?

One thing Coach O is not and that's a liar. Unlike Les where we had to guess what is going on. Coach tells it like it is. If he says Herman tried kissing him, hell I'll believe it!

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/texas-says-they-have-done-an-internal-review-and-the-lsu-locker-room-was-68-degrees/85324782/

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Try half a century.  This isn't some magical digital shit.  It's chilled water cooling.  It has a constant temperature source (chilled water), and a variable fan/damper.  To achieve a relatively constant temperature in the space, the air volume flow rate is constantly changed by fan speed and damper position.  You must know the space temperature to control the rest and recording the temperatures is part and parcel of that.

It was done in the 80s and for many years prior I am sure.  ME students have been modeling and predicting the performance of UT's chilled water cooling and comparing it to real world data like this for 30-plus years.

Sure. I was being safe. I didn't read the UT release of info, so I didn't know if this was some sort of smart, predictive analytics & instrumentation, with which I was involved in a past life, or run of the mill C&I A/C capability. 

It's comical that these rubes, from Orgeron on down to the simplest redneck fan, apparently figured that the claims couldn't be debunked with relatively basic effort. There again, I've seen the infrastructure in Louisiana, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Especially in light of what happened at Maryland under Durkin, why on Earth would we purposely turn off the AC in a locker room and endanger football players? We are an institution of higher learning with a reputation of being one of the best public universities of the nation. We’re not going to risk causing severe injuries to visiting student-athletes and damaging our institutional reputation over a football game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sure. I was being safe. I didn't read the UT release of info, so I didn't know if this was some sort of smart, predictive analytics & instrumentation, with which I was involved in a past life, or run of the mill C&I A/C capability. 

It's comical that these rubes, from Orgeron on down to the simplest redneck fan, apparently figured that the claims couldn't be debunked with relatively basic effort. There again, I've seen the infrastructure in Louisiana, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

I was more crabbing at LSU and the ridiculousness of the whole thing than your post.

As jimmyjames points out, home ac works similarly.  But due to the scale of the system at UT, it's more important, vitally important, to record all these parameters so as to diagnose it if it goes wonky.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We should give them 30 years of data, 15 minute increments, for every designated area on campus, with notes for any missing data such as down for maintenance. 

We don’t just happen to have this data during the game and for that area. 

Someone should definitely FOIA the data from the La Tech game because the next dodge will be that the Cookie Monster obviously saved the day by bringing his own AC units. That’s the only reason the temps could possibly be that low. 

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

There were at least 100 other people in that locker room, right? Have any of them, JUST ONE, backed up their coach’s story?

To back a story, one must be able to understand the story.

Idiolect

Idiolect is an individual's distinctive and unique use of language, including speech. This unique usage encompasses vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation. An idiolect is the variety of language unique to an individual. This differs from a dialect, a common set of linguistic characteristics shared among some group of people.

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Someone should definitely FOIA the data from the La Tech game because the next dodge will be that the Cookie Monster obviously saved the day by bringing his own AC units. That’s the only reason the temps could possibly be that low. 

The damper positions are given in the data.  They open a bit pregame then quickly open and return again around half.  Then, tighten to the maximum closed position around 11 PM.

10 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

They only keep 3 days of data so no data for LT

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

They only keep 3 days of data so no data for LT

How does you knows this at all? What magic is you using that temperature infer-mation is stored in your magic recording box in a way you can conjer it up on demand? Is you a witch? How does you have these e-speshil powers? 

What is this magical University where has where people has this ability? I doesn’t believes you. 

Tell me what the temperature of my outhouse is right now. I bets you kant. I bets you really ain’t got no super temperature saving powers. 

• Haha 1

A common theme in all those swamp Aggy responses is "why would he lie?". Just a guess, but since it was in direct response to a question about the 13 different cramp stoppages (all on defense), it might just be to deflect attention from the fact they are pussies that faked injuries in a futile attempt to stop our offense. 

I mean, it's hard to out aggy aggy, but damn if they're not making an effort.